things your cat does that annoy you?

1235»

Comments

• LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,131
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    My cat loves running tap water and will not drink from a bowl. If im in the kitchen she perches on the sink and crys, if im on the loo she jumps into the wash-hand basin and crys. Sometime she just does it for attention because when I turn the tap on she has a wee play and jumps back down.

One my cats does this too. She has also extended the 'game' to sitting on the sink upstairs - when I am downstairs - and calling to summon me to turn on the tap:rolleyes::D
  • UndefinedUndefined Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    When he brings in a rat - alive - then promptly loses it somewhere in the house. The first one ran up the inside of the curtains, which wasn't too bad because we just took the entire curtain outside and gently shook it out, but he did it again last night and we don't know where this one is!
  • AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lippincote wrote: »
    One my cats does this too. She has also extended the 'game' to sitting on the sink upstairs - when I am downstairs - and calling to summon me to turn on the tap:rolleyes::D
    Our cat sleeps downstairs and is let up when my parents get up around sevenish. The first thing she does is shoot upstairs and yowl outside the bathroom door until she's let in, so my mum's taken to opening the door and turning the tap on on her way downstairs so that everything's prepared for madam to take her morning drink :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - Jumps in the washing basket, only with fresh clean washing in.
    - Tries to get in just about any cupboard we open
    - Does that "kneading" thing they do with their paws when they sit on you but with his claws out - ouch :(
    - Uses the litter tray straight after I've cleaned it as if to say "HA, clean my shit biatch" :p
    - Drinking out of the kitchen tap even though he has a full bowl of fresh water
    - Wanting to sit on my knee whilst I'm on the toilet :o
    - Constantly meows to go out, we let him out and within 5 minutes he's had a fight and meowing the neighbourhood down
    - Tries to escape when we come in the front door and then goes and hides under the car if successful :mad:
    - Trying to jump on my knee when I'm on the laptop/reading the newspaper/magazine
    - Waiting until we want to go downstairs (he's scared of missing anything) and then running as fast as he can in an attempt to trip us up

Many more things too but those are the ones that come to mind :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    lol i could write a huge list!!

My wee cat Cheeky is such an attention seeker, she cries and wines for attention constantly.

she has a toy that shes very protective over and if its in the livingroom, she will sit on top of it and if its in the bedroom she will mostly stay in the bedroom with it and she licks it constantly, quite funny.

shes so messy with her food. it gets scattered all over the floor.

we have a canvas wardrobe which isnt that sturdy and she always manages to sneak in and sleep on a shelf on top of my clothes and now its partially collapsed.

making a mess with the cat litter, then chasing wood pellets up and down the hall at all hours of the night.

if im in bed on the laptop she will come up and just walk over the laptop and stand for attention. lol

cats are so funny i love their personalities :D xx
  • dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All l can say is YES!:D:D:D:D:D:D

I thought I was a nutter until speaking to *cat peeps*
  • CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sahalouise wrote: »
    - Uses the litter tray straight after I've cleaned it as if to say "HA, clean my shit biatch" :p

This made me laugh. A lot. :D:D:D
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratches at the door to my bedroom. also they pee on my bedroom carpet in the corner. so I no longer let them in. took me ages to get the smell out.

one of them yowls all the time. and at night they chase each other.
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    I have two cats. A slim one and a tubby one. Tubby cat loves to lie on his back when he sees you, and spreads his legs out displaying his privates and begging for a tummy rub:confused: Seriously weird:D

Slim cat is a fussy breakfaster. He won't eat his breakfast, which is dry food, unless I add copious amounts of warm water to it. If I fail to do this, he refuses to eat it, but meows and sort of chirrups and squeaks at me until I come up with the goods. The rest of the day he will happily eat the dry food dry!

Cats are mad, no two ways about it:D So adorable though.

My boy cats are brothers and although 1 year old now, are still inseperable. Slim cat is dominant, despite being literally half the weight of tubby cat. He is sharp and sprightly. Tubby cat is, not to put too fine a point on it, thick. He's definately a cat of little brain, and doesn't realise that he could beat up slim cat no problem if he wants to. :p
  • sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat (now called Ming the Merciless) by my other half does a lot of whats already been mentioned. Amongst her many skills are:

Having the most massive stinky poop in the tray just as I've going to sleep. We live in a bungalow and the tray isn't far from my bedroom. Before she has the poop though she's charges round the house like a racehorse. The neighbours asked me one day if we'd been burgled becasue of the noise she makes doing it!

Loves me soooo much when it's feed time, won't have anything to do with me afterwards.

Wakes me up by smacking my face with her paw. If a few smacks don't work, then the claws come out. If that doesn't work she drools in our faces. (YUCK!)

Steals washing out of the washing basket and hides it. Found 13 socks and a load of knickers in her stash.

Likes sitting on the window sill chasing the birds. I have vertical blinds and a few times I've found them on the floor as she's got wrapped up in them and fallen off.

Steals food- loves anything I'm eating...but hates cat food apart from either the most expensive stuff, or the stuff thats cheap as chips and smells like her tray. Can go off either at a moments notice. Also won't drink fresh water, will only drink out of the toilet!

If we have visitors, she'll sit on the rug in the living room. Then drag her bum across it. Then I get asked when was the last time she was wormed. It's done regularly, but she always does it when there's visitors.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    i adore my 3 girls - twins (a tabby and a torty that had a siamese dad) and there 4 month younger black and white sister

Pickle the torty 'decides' when its time to sit on my knee for a massive stroke regardless of what i am doing. usually its ok, but hard when i am eating!
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where we live is a fairly big modern housing estate, but our corner house backs onto a bridle way on two sides.

It's ideal for having a cat, we are at the end of a courtyard type affair so there's absolutely no traffic about, so he can explore and play and there's no fear of him being run over.

But when misha brings in his hunting trophies. crikey.

Not only is it generally at stupid o'clock in the night/morning but he wanders around giving a high pitched shriek until you come and pay tribute to it.

When I'm about 6 foot away he will pick it up and run outside, cue repeat performances until I manage to trap him indoors and get said creature to dispose of.

He only does that with the small field mouse/vole type animal.

I've tried ignoring him, but after a noisy war of attrition I am them subject to hearing him cruching and slurping away as he eats the whole thing.

The bigger trophies involve less noise, but I get the fun of a morning surprise, generally a dining room full of feathers and half a bird. Finding two whole dead rats in the hallway was nice. :rolleyes:

This morning I came into the study to turn on the PC and there was a wild rabbit minus its innards, lying under the desk.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    ...when they "sing" :eek: for their breakfast outside your bedroom door on a weekend when all you want is a lie-in.
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My old girls (sadly now departed) use to have a tag team going on to get you up for breakfast. Beccy all one and half stone of her would seat at the back of the pillow, and comb your hair with her nails, if that did'nt work she would rub her head on your face, whilst lucy would delicately nip any part of you that was reachable outside the duvet, toes, bum, legs etc.
    They were darling girls though.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    The things that annoy me about our older cat are the things other people think are really good - like the fact that she never goes to the toilet outside. She will be outside, come in to use her litter tray then go out again. I hate dealing with the litter tray, I wish she'd use the neighbours gardens:o:D

Agreed.

we had a cat called fluffy (god bless him, no longer with us, died in Januray last year) and he would never drop a yuletide log in the back garden - he would always resort to the litter tray indoors.

and he was old - you really had to wear a gas mask to deal with his yuletides.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    again walking across the computer is annoying - especially when they manage to change the settings and i have no idea how to undo it!!

one of my darlings has just started scratching the sofa and my bed. at 1st i was worried she was stressed or something then i noticed it was in fact a game she plays with my other cat where he sits ontop of the sofa or bed and they try to get each other while she drags herself round the floor using her nails in my furniture!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If my male cat wants attention and you don't give it to him, he taps you with his paw. This also happens when you're asleep - many a time I have been woken up at stupid-a-clock by a furry black and white paw tapping on my head,

He also MUST use the litter tray as soon as it has been cleaned out! They have one with a roof on it because he kept aiming his wee all up the wall and one time he leapt into the tray before I had time to replace said roof and started peeing everywhere with a defiant expression on his little face!

My female cat chews wires which is very annoying! Many ear phones, phone chargers, telephones and other stuff have been ruined because the little madam decides to destroy them. My house is littered with items that have very attractive tape around their wires. She's even stuck her nose into my handbag to chew wires of things inside that I thought would be safetly hidden!

Oh and my female cat has a habit of pouncing on my feet if I dare move them while in bed!

And one of them - the female I think - loves my hair extensions. Took them out one night and the next day they were spread all around the house!
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a good laugh (and a bit of a cry) from this thread.
    We've had two cats, both middle-aged rescued Toms, and both were absolute stars!
    I can sympathise with the reeking poos - our second old boy Bully could do the most revolting reekers - we always knew he'd used his tray because the smell would very quickly fill the house! Gordon Bennett.
    Both liked to get up at about 5 AM and would wake one or both of us up by either attacking our toes, pressing a paw on our cheek or doing that 'I'll stare into his ear until he feels my presence' thing. Ben liked to lick my eyelid. Wake up! One of his favourite tricks was to wait at the top of the stairs and do an 'ankle lunge' when we walked past.
    He liked boxes and cubby-holes and if ever he went missing we would search all the suitcases, bags and bins.
    He also liked to get attention by knocking things off tables by 'accident'.
    My fondest memory of old Bully was late-night telly-watching. He was very much 'my' cat and when Hazel my wife had gone to bed we would settle down on the settee. I'd recline on my left side facing the telly, and after a few minutes up he would jump, do a few circles and flop down against my stomach, also watching the TV. I'd gently stroke him and he would quietly purr and dig his claws into the cushion.
    Then it was bedtime. He'd wait until I was in bed, then I'd hear him thundering up the stairs. He'd jump up on my side of the bed and often he would make it clear he wanted to get in with me by nuzzling the duvet.
    I'd lift the cover and in he'd go, then he'd turn around and lie down with his chin on the pillow. Then he'd do his party trick - a kind of 'shimmy' which propelled him backwards so he disappeared under the cover. He would stay there for about twenty minutes before gtting too hot and popping out again. Then he'd settle down, all long and stretched out against my back until it was time for the 5 o'clock bugle-call.
    Oh dear. How I miss that cat...

PS, what's this 'nutting' thing they all seem to do? They nut their owners, they nut doors. Our neighbour's cat will nut me, but only if it knows there's food to be had. Is it some kind of submission thing?
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    If my male cat wants attention and you don't give it to him, he taps you with his paw. This also happens when you're asleep - many a time I have been woken up at stupid-a-clock by a furry black and white paw tapping on my head,

He also MUST use the litter tray as soon as it has been cleaned out! They have one with a roof on it because he kept aiming his wee all up the wall and one time he leapt into the tray before I had time to replace said roof and started peeing everywhere with a defiant expression on his little face!

My female cat chews wires which is very annoying! Many ear phones, phone chargers, telephones and other stuff have been ruined because the little madam decides to destroy them. My house is littered with items that have very attractive tape around their wires. She's even stuck her nose into my handbag to chew wires of things inside that I thought would be safetly hidden!

Oh and my female cat has a habit of pouncing on my feet if I dare move them while in bed!

And one of them - the female I think - loves my hair extensions. Took them out one night and the next day they were spread all around the house!

Urm, I think you have stolen my cats!! I could have written all of the above about mine! :-)

Walking across the keyboard is another one they love doing - I stupidly left myself logged into a forum once (it MAY in fact have been DS) and went off to do something and when I came back, the cat had walked across the keyboard and mouse, posting gibberish for me. I had to then post again to apologise to the many confused people who had read 'my' post!
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    sorry to double-post but just checked my previous posts and it wasn't DS the cat posted on - it was DS I left myself logged into and cleaned the keyboard - idiot! managed to post rubbish on a thread about Marple!