Options

Audrey Hepburn best looking actress ever?

Comments

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Beautiful pic.....Liz wins by a mile for me Grace Kelly 2nd

I think Grace Kelly can top that :

www.gracekellyonline.com/pictures
  • Options
    MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I know beauty is subjective but I can never work out why Princess Diana makes these lists. She was not beautiful in my eyes....well, only compared to the rest of the royal family.

For me the most beautiful were Vivienne Leigh, Sophia Loren, and Brigette Bardot.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,199
    Forum Member
    For me, the most beautiful of them all was Ava Gardner, , she had the most incredible bone structure, and even Liz Taylor said that when talking about beauty, that Ava was just perfect!
  • Options
    Keyb0ardWarri0rKeyb0ardWarri0r Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    I don't think it was beauty about Audrey, but the way she held and conducted herself.

An absolute and utter lady.
  • Options
    livia123livia123 Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be the fly in the ointment. I've always enjoyed Audrey Hepburn in movies but could never quite understand why she is considered beautiful. To me, she has quite regular bland good looks - in a catalogue model type of way.

When I think of beauty in movie stars I tend to equate it with people like Elizabeth Taylor, Rita Hayworth, or for the modern day, I think CZJ is hard to beat.

Grace Kelly was beautiful, but how she conducted her private life always put me off her looks. One of those types that the more you get to know about them, the less attractive they get.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Brooks,%20Louise/Annex/Annex%20-%20Brooks,%20Louise_19.jpg

Louise Brooks for me. I know she was a silent film star - but she is the most beautiful woman I can think of in the movies, up there with Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn, but rarely mentioned.

She was stunning in Pandora's Box, Diary of a Lost Girl and Beggars of Life.
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavegirl79 wrote: »
    http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Brooks,%20Louise/Annex/Annex%20-%20Brooks,%20Louise_19.jpg

Louise Brooks for me. I know she was a silent film star - but she is the most beautiful woman I can think of in the movies, up there with Elizabeth Taylor and Audrey Hepburn, but rarely mentioned.

She was stunning in Pandora's Box, Diary of a Lost Girl and Beggars of Life.

Good call - I have a biography on her and some of the photos in it are absolutely stunning.
    Merle Oberon was another beauty from that era, but the stars from that time have been largely forgotten now, sadly.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Brigitte Bardot personally.

She was very pretty when young but I don't think anyone would describe her as such now.

Audrey Hepburn was one of the those who kept her looks as she aged. I think it is a case of the "complete package", a number of her films are classics, later in life she spent much of her time working for UNICEF and I don't remember any hints of any scandals.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    The difference is you never saw pictures of these old beauty icons in the street.and they weren't hounded by paps. Every picture is professionally shot.

There are plenty of pictures of Audrey Hepburn out doing work for UNICEF later in life and she still looks pretty good probably with minimal make-up etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My father knew Audrey Hepburn before she became famous. She and her mother (known locally as the Duchess) lived in (I think) South Moulton Street, London, and Audrey used to bring him his tea each day when he was working there. He always said how classically beautiful she was even in her young years, and never missed anything she ever did.
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    The difference is you never saw pictures of these old beauty icons in the street.and they weren't hounded by paps. Every picture is professionally shot.

Yup, exactly.
    gomezz wrote: »
    Which seems to imply that professional photographers today are not as good as they once were.

Disagree, I think some modern celebrities look just as beautiful in professional shots.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's always Greta Garbo.
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    Audrey Hepburn used to smoke 50 cigarettes a day. As for beauty, what about Faye Dunaway, considered by a renowned plastic surgeon to have the most perfect face ever.

Before or after her facelift ? ;)

Audrey Hepburn was stunningly beautiful .... closely followed by Grace Kelly and Maureen O' Sullivan in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Mia Farrow was always stunning to me.

But for people who say no modern day celebrities measure up, I give you Natalie Portman. She is flawless, even in pap shots.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has been a poll today and Audrey Hepburn came top and Elizabeth Taylor was 2nd.

Here are the top 10 most beautiful british women of all time

Audrey Hepburn
    Elizabeth Taylor
    Princess Diana
    Catherine Zeta-Jones
    Cheryl Cole
    Kelly Brook
    Keira Knightley
    Kate Bekinsale
    Holly Willoughby
    Twiggy

A poll by shopping channel QVC found Britons' ideal woman was 5ft 6' blue eyes and dark brown hair.
    This list shows just how vacous and meaningless such polls are. The most beautiful British women of ALL time eh?:p So all time is a mere 50 years or so with a heavy emphasis on the late 20th and 21st century. Twiggy is included but not Jean Shrimpton.:rolleyes: Elziabeth Taylor but not Jean Simmons or Vivien Leigh. Diana but not Diana Mitford from the first half of the 20th century, Emma Hamilton from the 18th or Barbara Castlemaine from the 17th or Rosamond Clifford from the 12th century. The latter were all deemed as the most outstanding beauties of their respective eras. Few of the women in the poll would be considered particulary beautiful to previous generations. Audrey and Keira etc have a beautiful face but a boyish figure, a look no generation prior to the 20th century ever found attractive in a woman. Witht the exception of Audrey and Elizabeth through their films NONE of them will be remembered as great beauties in 50 years time because none of them wil; be remember as more recent flavour of the month starlets, models and society girls hog the headlines.
  • Options
    NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joan Crawford in the 1930's should also be considered.

Grace Kelly

Vivien Leigh

Faye Dunaway (esp in Bonnie and Clyde... WOW!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audrey was beautiful, but IMO liz Taylor was stunning in her younger years, where is Marilyn Monroe? Mind you Cheryl Cole should never be in the top 10......ah QVC say no more
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with whoever said Audrey Tautou. She's breathtaking :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the ones mentioned on this forum are american .. it says british!!!

Elizabeth Taylor was born in England :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    Before or after her facelift ? ;)

Audrey Hepburn was stunningly beautiful .... closely followed by Grace Kelly and Maureen O' Sullivan in my humble opinion.

Faye Dunaway looked awful after her plastic surgery . Maureen O'Sullivan .. a real natural beauty who would not even have thought about a surgeon's knife for the life in her :)
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the ones mentioned on this forum are american .. it says british!!!

Elizabeth Taylor was born in England :)

I think we're all aware of that, just started generally discussing timeless beauties :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I think we're all aware of that, just started generally discussing timeless beauties :)

OK clever clogs, we know that ... and you are saying that she is not a timeless beauty l...spacsavers!
  • Options
    loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    livia123 wrote: »
    Sorry to be the fly in the ointment. I've always enjoyed Audrey Hepburn in movies but could never quite understand why she is considered beautiful. To me, she has quite regular bland good looks - in a catalogue model type of way.

I have to agree. She's always looked just... quite plain to me.
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Audrey Hepburn - pointy ears FTW.

I liked Susannah York too.