How often do I need to perform a callback?

Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
Forum Member
Basically no one lives at home anymore (apart from my mum) as I have moved to a rented property in town, my sister is never there and too has just started renting and my brother is on a long holiday away, yet there are still 3 active Sky subscriptions there .

Now I have took one of the Sky boxes that wasn't in use, was used as a free to air box in a spare bedroom, but if I wanted to take one of the Sky cards and put it in this box, how often would I need to pop back home to perform a call back, to avoid the fees??

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what do you mean by 3 active subscriptions? do you mean 1 master subscription and 2 multi-room subs?

are you saying you are taking one of the multiroom boxes off-site to use elsewhere?

multi-room callbacks are done at random intervals, precisely to stop what you are trying to do.
  • Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    Yes, I main box and 2 multiroom subs, and 1 fta box. I have taken the free to air box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I main box and 2 multiroom subs, and 1 fta box. I have taken the free to air box.

yes but you are planning on taking one of the multi-room subscription cards though??

if yes, then you won't find a way around this i'm afraid.

firstly, you would need to contact sky to get the card paired to the new box (assuming you wanted access to premium channels etc).

there is no detailed schedule for multi-room callbacks, thus you would without doubt miss your callbacks and you will receive a letter telling you to re-connect it to where it should be or end up paying the full subscription price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I would do,

Take the main subscription box to your house as sky arnt too bothered about callbacks on this box then replace it with one of the multiroom boxes then u won't have any problems with callbacks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nufc4life wrote: »
    Take the main subscription box to your house as sky arnt too bothered about callbacks on this box then replace it with one of the multiroom boxes then u won't have any problems with callbacks

no, you would still have issues.

with multi-room, ALL boxes must remain connected and are checked.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nufc4life wrote: »
    This is what I would do,

Sorry, you are misinformed, as ALL boxes do callbacks in a multiroom scenario, not just the multiroom box, for the very reason you have stated (don't you think someone at Sky would have worked that out)
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody note also that forced callbacks phone a different phone number and server to the card generated "call homes" specifically to prevent fraudulent use in the manner you wish at two different addresses. Sky are not daft enough to leave such a loophole.
  • W99W99 Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Please delete
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    W99 wrote: »
    I have a SkyHD box in my bedroom on a mirror subscription of the box in the main living room.

However, it's never been connected to a phone-line, and coincidentally about one hour ago the EPG went back to a non-HD one and I can now only receive the FTA channels.

Could it be due the the lack of phone-line connection? And if so, is it easy to remedy by just plugging it in to a spare phone socket, or will I have to call Sky to get it sorted?

Thanks in advance.

No - you usually get two warning letters to reconnect the box and are if you do not connect they automatically charge you an extra full sub for the unconnected box instead of the concessionary £10.25 per month.

Have you tried a reboot and/or software upgrade - if yes with no joy you need to phone Sky to sort it and almost certainly get it connected to a phone as when looking at your account they will notice the lack of call backs (and also flag the account for tighter surveillance for checks).
  • StueyStuey Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of interest in a situation where somebody is on an half price deal, say £26pm for Sky World, plus has a Multiroom sub and leaves both boxes unplugged and eventually loses their Multiroom subsidy.

Would they automatically start paying for the second box at the same (half price) £26pm rate as the first box or would they get charged the full £53pm on thr second box? Or would they lose their half price deal altogether because they've been naughty boys? ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuey wrote: »
    Out of interest in a situation where somebody is on an half price deal, say £26pm for Sky World, plus has a Multiroom sub and leaves both boxes unplugged and eventually loses their Multiroom subsidy.

Would they automatically start paying for the second box at the same (half price) £26pm rate as the first box or would they get charged the full £53pm on thr second box? Or would they lose their half price deal altogether because they've been naughty boys? ;-)

Would be charged full price for the second box.