Pure Sensia

popppopp Posts: 548
Forum Member
✭✭
thinking of getting 1 from john lewis. only £124 now. if anyone has 1 what do you think of it, also how long is the battery life . regards popp

Comments

• popppopp Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just got a sensia from john lewis £99, ex display model but with full guarantee. just trying it out with battery. seems ok. screen is a bit sluggish at times. at the moment seeing how long battery lasts. wifi connection seems stronger on this sensia than on the evoke i had. i can go further into garden. trying to work out how to rewind the podcasts. like with the evoke`s. i can pause them but not rewind at the moment. sound is okay with stereo speakers. see how it goes, as i have the option to take it back. hopefully it will work out ok. i want to use it mainly on battery, so will see how long i can get from a full charge. regards popp
  • Nick_GNick_G Posts: 5,137
    Forum Member
    I've only tried them in shops and I wasn't impressed with the touch screen display. It seemed unresponsive and you needed quite a bit of pressure to activate it.

This is compared with a Squeezebox Touch which is probably a bit pricier but the interface seems a lot better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    had a quick look on you tube at the Squeezebox Touch. not as portable as the sensia.
  • Excess BaggageExcess Baggage Posts: 1,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked at the Sensia about 18 months ago when it was still £200+.
    However the reveiws I read, especially about the sluggish screen performace and update issues , plus the plasticky nature of the 'rugby ball' put me off.
    When I went to look in JL's it was even worse in the 'flesh'.

Got me a Sonos system that, with ethernet socket plug-ins, is as portable as you need. Did it the cheap way, pre-owned I-pod from Apple £118, free Sonos App, white S5 from Amazon £278, and ethernets from ?? £32. Job done. Napster for £5 a month and the world is at you feet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    i bought a second-hand Pure Siesta flow radio.It is a clock radio which gets DAB, or FM.,PLUS internet radio the controls are a bit difficult to master and you have to return the set to factory-settings to align with a new wi-fi system.
    To get internet radio you have to register with a company called THE LOUNGE. The sound quality is modest, as it is a small set. It is preferable to connect your lap-top to a good speaker system directly if you want good sound.
    This set would be improved if it had a remote control.
    There is no antenna output so if you are in a fringe area you might not get DAB.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had the Pure Sensia over over 3 years now when it was £239. Got it from Argos and just love it. I use the weather app on it a lot. Used to also use the Facebook app on it but the app is now outdated. Pures online help and customer service is also very good.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen the weather app. Only had a short while. Seems ok. Would not of paid full price for it, but for £99 thought it was a good deal. It's stereo , loud speakers, so far get at least 5 hours + battery life , which is why I wanted it. If I got the evoke flow I would of had to get the extra speaker. Plus a better screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had mine for about 3 years, and use it every day. It has its 'moments' where it will suddenly just reboot, or sometimes I find it with no display showing as it has at some point overnight rebooted.

More annoyingly is a bug in the firmware relating to 'listen again' streams that Pure promised to release a fix for over a year ago, and still haven't. So don't be surprised if you setup a station/listen again stream and it just won't play. My Oasis Flow was updated and works ok, but Pure support won't now discuss the Sensia bug.

Methinks it is probably at end-of-life, with the NEW Sensia being released soon :mad:
  • soulboy22soulboy22 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    rotty wrote: »
    Had mine for about 3 years, and use it every day. It has its 'moments' where it will suddenly just reboot, or sometimes I find it with no display showing as it has at some point overnight rebooted.

More annoyingly is a bug in the firmware relating to 'listen again' streams that Pure promised to release a fix for over a year ago, and still haven't. So don't be surprised if you setup a station/listen again stream and it just won't play. My Oasis Flow was updated and works ok, but Pure support won't now discuss the Sensia bug.

Methinks it is probably at end-of-life, with the NEW Sensia being released soon :mad:

May be a silly question so forgive me, have you tried unplugging it from the mains power and then restarting? I usually find this helps to clear up some errors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy22 wrote: »
    May be a silly question so forgive me, have you tried unplugging it from the mains power and then restarting? I usually find this helps to clear up some errors.

Believe me, it's a bug. Pure know about it, but the last communication from them claimed that...

"... We know the section of code that requires the fix, but the developers are working on other issues at the moment, so it may be a while before a fix is released"

That was now over a year ago, and the last two releases didn't fix the issue.

As for unplugging ... Um, yeah. Lost count of the number of times I've had to 'unplug' the radio to reboot, be it for an unresponsive touch screen, unresponsive remote, or missing apps. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only had to reboot once. pain in ass, had to unplug battery. so far its been ok. use podcasts and live radio. took a few days to work out how to pause and fast forward and rewind, not noticed any bugs yet. fingers crossed
  • CharlieCharlie Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M&S have the Sensia at £99 in their sale.

http://bit.ly/OCWC5C