Options

Cliff Richard

Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm outraged that Sir Cliff wasn't there! Best of British music - yeah, whatever.

Comments

• Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Or Phil Collins
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did want Cliff but were worried that he may melt being so close to the huge Olympic flame. ( only joking:D)
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    They did want Cliff but were worried that he may melt being so close to the huge Olympic flame. ( only joking:D)

Is Vicky B still in one piece?
  • Options
    Stone_JonesStone_Jones Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    No Stock Aitken and Waterman neither. They had so many hit songs in the 1980s - Bananarama, Rick Astley, Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan etc. Huge part of late 1980s pop culture.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm outraged that Sir Cliff wasn't there! Best of British music - yeah, whatever.

Me and everyone else I know are just thankful that he wasn't there. It was bad enough having to suffer him at the Jubilee without seeing his self-righteous little face and his stupid legs waving about again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would rather see Keith Richards then Cliff Richard.;)
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know at one point I would have actually been happy to see Cliff. As cheesy as he is it would have at least taken us away from the awful dirge that seemed to go on for hours.
  • Options
    Stone_JonesStone_Jones Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Cliff Richard - yep, can't disagree. In hindsight it is a slight surprise he didn't appear or get some mention in a video clip.
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    Do you know at one point I would have actually been happy to see Cliff. As cheesy as he is it would have at least taken us away from the awful dirge that seemed to go on for hours.

I was praying for Grace Jones to turn up with her Hula Hoop!

That would have made my year!

Or even Dean Gaffney and Wellard! The Krankies, Stu Francis, Peter Simon and Max Head Room would have made it miles better than some of the acts they had booked!
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    essexsteve wrote: »
    I would rather see Keith Richards then Cliff Richard.;)

I would rather see Keith HARRIS - in fact his sidekick - than Cliff.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    For all those asking "Why wasn't (X) there?"

It's only a three hour show.

If they placed all the people you demand in the closing ceremony, it would still be going on until about Tuesday afternoon
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Stock Aitken and Waterman neither. They had so many hit songs in the 1980s - Bananarama, Rick Astley, Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan etc. Huge part of late 1980s pop culture.
    The former are a bit embarassing though, the latter aren't Brits.
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    jzee wrote: »
    The former are a bit embarassing though, the latter aren't Brits.

Rick could have rolled!

It would have been awesome if the stage had been set for something serious such as a classical opening and up popped Rick! Just like when you click a link!