A Really Powerful Scene in Asylum of the Daleks

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
Forum Member
✭✭
Did anyone else find the scene where Oswin kept saying 'I am not dalek, I am human' with the dalek voice during her conversion really powerful? It was so chilling and so heartbreaking to see this strong intelligent girl being taken over by the dalek and the filming/effects/timing/editing were fantastic!

I was a bit skeptic towards Jenna when her casting was announced, but this scene alone proved to me that she'll be a great addition to Doctor Who and I can't wait for the Christmas special!

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Yes, it was a heartbreaker that moment.

If the writers give Jenna-Louise Coleman a Turn Left or The Girl Who Waited style episode, we're done for.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrific emotive actress.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSweeet7 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find the scene where Oswin kept saying 'I am not dalek, I am human' with the dalek voice during her conversion really powerful? It was so chilling and so heartbreaking to see this strong intelligent girl being taken over by the dalek and the filming/effects/timing/editing were fantastic!

I was a bit skeptic towards Jenna when her casting was announced, but this scene alone proved to me that she'll be a great addition to Doctor Who and I can't wait for the Christmas special!

Definitely, agree with all of this (except the sceptic bit, I remained completely neutral). The bit where she starts to say "eggs...ter...min...ate" is horrible and poignant. The Doctor is brilliant as well, he doesn't know whether to be sympathetic or disgusted.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, quite honestly. I was neutral as I did not know the actress.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSweeet7 wrote: »

No not really. It was just copying Revelation, and it was done much better in that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I thought the moment where DalekOswin kept futily trying to insist that she was human was beautifully done. Fantastic complementary music, great acting by Jenna, and great voice work by Nick Briggs.

"We... have grown stronger in fear of you."