• Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinchronicity!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    i liked "Alcatraz'' but its not going to be continuation to the series .. maybe someday they decide to finish the job
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    Getting On.

oh i loved that i wish they would repeat it on bbc3 or 4
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    No Angels, no one I know has ever heard of it never mind watched it.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Making out to with margie clarke and keith allen
  • Options
    TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Northern Exposure. No one I knew watched it.
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Arrested Development! Cannot wait til it comes back on Netflix next year.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manchild (2002–2003)

Outlaws (2004)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X-Fire (pronounced cross fire)

Okay, so it was a silly paint-balling show on Channel 4 weekdays at 6:00pm. But I swear, if it was put on BBC 1 Saturday nights, it'd be a goer. It'd be on its tenth celebrity series. You get involved, you want the team to succeed in the challenge...but watching the players get hit and "act" their death is never not funny.

Except I seem to be the only person on the planet who remembers this programme.
  • Options
    tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OGB wrote: »

This is the best comedy made by the Yanks ever. I still can't quite believe they managed to make something so fantastically funny and clever. It is on Netflix now. I watched some the other day. I really hope they make the oft touted film.

I also agree with those who have mentioned The Riff Raff Element, Making Out, Beautiful People (brilliant show!) and Northern Exposure - although I'm not sure that one could be called under rated as lots of people I know watched and loved it.

I used to love a program (can't remember what it was called) about teams of 2 that had to kind of go on the run for a week with a tracker tailing them. They had to do certain tasks during the week and then on the Sunday spend the hour duration of a live show hiding in a phone box hoping not to be found in order to make it through to the next week. I always wanted to go on it.

I also loved The Palace. A fictional version of our royal family. It was panned but I thought it was great!
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early Doors, and Pulling.

So different, but both brilliant... :cool:
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Still Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEwKB8cgQUM&feature=relmfu

Scottish comedy at its best. Cut down in its prime by BBC schedulers putting it on at a different time each episode and eventually consigning it to the grave yard slot, post 11.30 on a Sunday night.
    A Scotish friend of mine tells me that they think it was because the writers refused to anglicise the dialogue.
    "Yeah bunch o racist Sassenach Basta's" :mad:
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    A lot of viewers at the time thought it was rubbish, but it gradually grew in popularity.

Compounded by the fact that when it started it wasn't fully networked.The idea was actually offered to the BBC before Granada but the BBC never replied to Tony Warren.If they had history might have been different:D
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Compounded by the fact that when it started it wasn't fully networked.The idea was actually offered to the BBC before Granada but the BBC never replied to Tony Warren.If they had history might have been different:D

true,ITV would have come up with a rival soap set in an East End square:D
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Angels, no one I know has ever heard of it never mind watched it.

Good call.

No Angels was a fantastic show that deserves to be seen by a lot more people than orginally watched it.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good call.

No Angels was a fantastic show that deserves to be seen by a lot more people than orginally watched it.

A good series!

Jo Joyner (now better known as Tanya in 'Enders) was good in this, too.

Good calls from previous posters re Making Out, and Bodies
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    just remembered Alan Davies com-drama A Many Splintered Thing hope it gets a DVD release I missed the last episode
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    Totally agree about Making Out. Why hasn't it been released on dvd??? Also agree that Absolutely, Dear John and Colin's Sandwich were underrated.

I want to add:
    All Quiet on the Preston Front
    Watching
    Shine on Harvey Moon
    Between the Lines
    A show from the late 90's on BBC2 called The Cops.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taking Over The Asylum was an incredibly good black comedy drama, a six part series from 1994 starring Ken Stott and a very young David Tennant in his first TV role. It was about a hospital radio station in a psychiatric hospital. It's available on DVD from Amazon for a fiver - I'd highly recommend it.
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Like Me
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OGB wrote: »

Arrested Development is one of the most critically acclaimed and praised shows of the last 10 years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantasy Football League (BBC2 mid 90's). Not many people seem to have heard of this despite it being mainly about the premier league and featured various celebreties.

Sons and Daughters. (Aussie soap 80's) Much better than Eastenders and Corrie
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Lead Balloon was a very underrated sitcom
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    Fantasy Football League (BBC2 mid 90's). Not many people seem to have heard of this despite it being mainly about the premier league and featured various celebreties.

Sons and Daughters. (Aussie soap 80's) Much better than Eastenders and Corrie

I used to love Fantasy Football League! Frank Skinner and David Baddiel with Statto in his dressing gown :)

Do you remember Standing Room Only presented by Simon O'Brien? I seem to remember Shelley Webb was a reporter on it too. That show was underrated. BBC2 had a couple of really good football shows there.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Marion and Geoff.

Somehow both the funniest and saddest comedy I have ever seen.

Also Black Books which far too few people have seen and is not repeated anywhere near enough