Options

Chris Moyles?

THE HEADLESS DJTHE HEADLESS DJ Posts: 289
Forum Member
Why are we as licence fee payers still paying Chris Moyles wages when he's not been in air since Mid September? The understanding I have is that he's still under contract to the beeb, so in effect he's still getting money from us to do sod all.

He went on Wrights Show on Radio2 last week and was quite smary about it - that stinks tbh

Comments

• Options
    dsweetenhamdsweetenham Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The understanding I have is that he's still under contract to the beeb, so in effect he's still getting money from us to do sod all.

Any evidence for this (the being paid not the contract). The running joke on the show was that being freelance he (and Dave) wouldn't take a sick day as it wouldn't be paid. This story even if it's from the Mail suggests the exact opposite to your understanding...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2233743/BBC-switch-Chris-Moyles-salary-future-remains-undecided.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under contract to. The contract will say he will get paid £x per show (to paraphrase quite a bit).

He won't get paid if he's not doing any work. Seems to be a mutual agreement at the moment to him not being on air.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he's freelance he doesn't get paid. It's common knowledge with all BBC employees.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Papers do find a pictures which don't look like him no more. He's lost weight.
  • Options
    tintin Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but he hasn’t worked for them since sulkily signing off on September 14

Oh yeah cos I remember that's exactly how it sounded.

Why do papers expect us to believe anything they say when the stuff that's easy to check is just lies? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he doesn't return to radio we will see more of him on TV.