Options

NOONE is being bullied

LydiaRowlingLydiaRowling Posts: 338
Forum Member
Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. It can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault baiting or coercion and may be directed repeatedly, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability.

Bullying can be defined in many different ways. The UK currently has no legal definition of bullying,[4] while some U.S. states have laws against it.[5] Bullying consists of three basic types of abuse – emotional, verbal, and physical. It typically involves subtle methods of coercion such as intimidation.

Now Speidi havent bullied people BUT they baited people into a negative reaction

They are irrational in the extreme and have set about isolating themselves from the group

The dark cloud has hung over BB house since launch night. Affecting every other housemate in the process

Whilst everyone has tried to welcome them with open arms they've proven themselves Disagreeable, unrepentant with a god complex

The housemates certainly haven't bullied anyone! They've accepted that Speidi prefare they're own company, and have attempted to get on with things around them!

Speidi have retaliated by personally attacking their appearance and living habits behind everyone's backs

No one is being bullied in there

Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The word bully is thrown about way to easy
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    bullying on big brother is nearly impossible, but unfortunately most people won't understand that and it is what it is.

lessening it only furthers it.

if one observed how "the n word" was treated that is how bullying should also be approached, you have adults walking around saying "the n word" because people have a clear understanding of how serious it is and have a respect for it... on the other side you have people throwing around "bullying" every day and over every little thing and it's so lessened.

it's one of the main reasons it's remained so powerful for such a long period of time, all through my school years teachers/principals/guidance/parents wouldn't even listen to the world "bullying" as they saw it as just harmless teasing, or not a big deal because it was lessened and people used it over every little thing.

if it was treated with respect in reference to the pure forms and situations it would begin to decrease... it's getting there, slowly.. it's just unfortunate that it's taken so much violence and pain to get there.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree OP.

Throwing the bully word around really enrages me.

It's a serious thing that is being devalued by being misused.

Calling someone a bully is seriously bad. And you need solid evidence to even consider calling someone that.

Liam on BBbots was disgustingly out of order to Trish and Frankie - and to all of the others, by calling them bullies.

Horrible and stupid and wrong.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hallelujah! Sense breaks out at last on DS. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouping together in 5 or 6 people, getting along, doing all the tasks, getting drunk, running about laughing, doing silly stuff, sitting on the sofas chilling out or cooking is not bullying.

Speidi isolated themselves and were the antagonists, they are the ones who were gossiping none stop and being nasty. Less of them, yes, but they were no way bullied like Liam said.

These days on BB everyone is a racist, a bully, cheat or an armed robber. Why can't people just be nice (Claire, Frankie) or nasty/loud (Speidi), or somewhere in between (Ryan/Razor).
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 100% OP. I'm not prepared to read any more Speidi threads any more on here as I'm fed up with the same old same old being said. The 'B' word was used when the couple were in IAC USA & later retracted by them. The facts are that they've laid traps for other HMs (like Rykan particularly) to fall into. Only two more days & I'll never have to see them in my TV ever again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    If they're being bullies what does that make rylan? I don't understand how they can be defined as bullies. They didn't get on with the other HMs, thats not bullying. Its a two way thing.
  • Options
    squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree - there is NO bullying going on! Alot of obnoxious and/or OTT and ridiculous behaviour but no bullying
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I didnt know Peter Noone was even in there lol!!!
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bondouline wrote: »
    If they're being bullies what does that make rylan? I don't understand how they can be defined as bullies. They didn't get on with the other HMs, thats not bullying. Its a two way thing.

It makes him the perfect role model, that stands up to bullies. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt know Peter Noone was even in there lol!!!

Genius post. I thought summat was odd with the thread title:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't be a series of BB without some hysterical bollocks about bullying.

The show might have veered well off course from the original format, but the DS (over) reaction to every minor detail remains steadfastly predictable and unchanged from the first series.
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agreed... not bullying,

if what went on counts for bullying, i was nearly murdered at school...
  • Options
    SpasmodicSpasmodic Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Excellent post, OP and a lot of sense on this thread. Makes a pleasant change.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bullying is the use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others. It can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault baiting or coercion and may be directed repeatedly, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability.

Bullying can be defined in many different ways. The UK currently has no legal definition of bullying,[4] while some U.S. states have laws against it.[5] Bullying consists of three basic types of abuse – emotional, verbal, and physical. It typically involves subtle methods of coercion such as intimidation.

Now Speidi havent bullied people BUT they baited people into a negative reaction

They are irrational in the extreme and have set about isolating themselves from the group

The dark cloud has hung over BB house since launch night. Affecting every other housemate in the process

Whilst everyone has tried to welcome them with open arms they've proven themselves Disagreeable, unrepentant with a god complex

The housemates certainly haven't bullied anyone! They've accepted that Speidi prefare they're own company, and have attempted to get on with things around them!

Speidi have retaliated by personally attacking their appearance and living habits behind everyone's backs

Lets see:
    Use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others.
    What do you call Razors behaviour towards them.
    Other Housemates have continually used them as a topic of their own conversations and bonding exercises.

Baiting or coercion and may be directed repeatedly, perhaps on grounds of race
    Other housemates have continually mocked their American accents and the way Americans seemingly do not understand the way we do things in this country. (May be true but still happening)

Religion.
    Other housemates have mocked their religion, on numerous occasions.

Sexuality.
    They have been interrogated as to why they do not kiss each other on the lips, even suggesting that they may be brother and sister.

Ability.
    Other housemates have questioned their celebrity status on many occasions.

Yes they have responded in kind, however as I have said in previous posts, it is Spencer's self defence mechanism, they have finally started to bond and find common ground in this last week, however from Spencer in particulars standpoint it was not at any cost. I totally respect him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lets see:
    Use of force or coercion to abuse or intimidate others.
    What do you call Razors behaviour towards them.
    Other Housemates have continually used them as a topic of their own conversations and bonding exercises.

i call it someone trying to diffuse a situation that was getting out of hand. razor saw 'the look in his eye changed', he was becoming enraged, exactly like he did to that woman in the jungle when he released a 5 minute tirade of shouting, intimidation and abuse....but then cries wolf when a bloke starts to give him a taste of his own.... hes a bully and a coward, you reap what you sow.
    Baiting or coercion and may be directed repeatedly, perhaps on grounds of race
    Other housemates have continually mocked their American accents and the way Americans seemingly do not understand the way we do things in this country. (May be true but still happening)

banter...fun... frankie, ryan, didnt complain
    Religion.
    Other housemates have mocked their religion, on numerous occasions.

are you surprised? they are supposed to be christians! where does the bible teach hate? nastiness? etc
    Sexuality.
    They have been interrogated as to why they do not kiss each other on the lips, even suggesting that they may be brother and sister.

thats not sexuality! it was a perfectly vallied question! id want to know too! it was a question, 1 question about kissing, thats NOT interogation on their sexuality!
    Ability.
    Other housemates have questioned their celebrity status on many occasions.

eh? everyone was asked what they do/did.. you think thats bullying? jeez..
    Yes they have responded in kind, however as I have said in previous posts, it is Spencer's self defence mechanism, they have finally started to bond and find common ground in this last week, however from Spencer in particulars standpoint it was not at any cost. I totally respect him.

its NOT defence, they went in to the house with the same game plan theyve employed before... one of antagonism, offence, non complience, that was their choice, they are in control, they are experienced at this they know exactly what they are doing.

im at a loss to understand how anybody can support this most odious couple.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Antonia, Razor's behaviour came as close to what you would expect from a school bully as makes no difference.

How can 2 people bully a house full of united and vindictive people? If anything Speidi have been the victims of the shouting, swearing and threatening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    I agree with Antonia, Razor's behaviour came as close to what you would expect from a school bully as makes no difference.

How can 2 people bully a house full of united and vindictive people? If anything Speidi have been the victims of the shouting, swearing and threatening.

rubbish.... that jungle vid shows that spencer can dish it out to a weaker person, razor came nowhere near.

speidi arent bullies either.

why do you think the other hm's are "united" and "vindictive" against speidi?

if you had been watching, youd have seen that from day 1 they set out with the same attitude employed on other reality shows, as ive said several times today... that is how it was, that is WHY speidi are disliked by the others, its because speidi themselves set themselves apart from them, they have done this on other shows... speidi are not the victms, speidis position is one of their own calculated making.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bit in bold - when? How?

I don't like Speidi but I think it's a bit of a board myth that the other housemates went out of their way to welcome them. If they did, I missed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rubbish.... that jungle vid shows that spencer can dish it out to a weaker person, razor came nowhere near.

speidi arent bullies either.

why do you think the other hm's are "united" and "vindictive" against speidi?

if you had been watching, youd have seen that from day 1 they set out with the same attitude employed on other reality shows, as ive said several times today... that is how it was, that is WHY speidi are disliked by the others, its because speidi themselves set themselves apart from them, they have done this on other shows... speidi are not the victms, speidis position is one of their own calculated making.

I am afraid that your counter arguments are really making my point for me and are coming across as a little partisan rather than reasoned constructs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am afraid that your counter arguments are really making my point for me and are coming across as a little partisan rather than reasoned constructs.

how? you might have had a small point about razor however that vid of spratt in the jungle completely negates spratts complaint.

i destroyed your arguments with my counter points. please, either accept them, or counter them with reason, but a trite statement like this reply means nothing.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how? you might have had a small point about razor however that vid of spratt in the jungle completely negates spratts complaint.

i destroyed your arguments with my counter points. please, either accept them, or counter them with reason, but a trite statement like this reply means nothing.

No-one's going to take you seriously until you stop going on (and on and on and on) about something that happened in a different show several years ago.

Just as Claire's sleeping with a guy whose girlfriend was pregnant several years ago should be left in the past, Speidi should be judged on their time in the BB house.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »

You're wrong. Bullies pick on people for no apparent reason.Razor was reacting to Spencer mimicking Ryan's Australian accent along with other comments. He'd heard enough from Spencer and was defending Ryan.

Speidi weren't victims. They provoked the situation.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    Hallelujah! Sense breaks out at last on DS. :)

It won't last LOL!

;):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one's going to take you seriously until you stop going on (and on and on and on) about something that happened in a different show several years ago.

Just as Claire's sleeping with a guy whose girlfriend was pregnant several years ago should be left in the past, Speidi should be judged on their time in the BB house.

but it gives a background as to spratts nature, i WILL go on about it because its wrong that spratt is being seen as the victim, when hes only the victim of his own actions.

if claire was having it off in the house, or was suspected of it, then yes her past track record should be taken into consideration.

past records give an indication as to the nature of a person.
    You're wrong. Bullies pick on people for no apparent reason.Razor was reacting to Spencer mimicking Ryan's Australian accent along with other comments. He'd heard enough from Spencer and was defending Ryan.

Speidi weren't victims. They provoked the situation.

exactly! well said!