The Cabin in the Woods

124»

Comments

• NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it again this week, (I'm 34 by the way) still love it, and it's still not a horror.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    One of the worst films I have ever seen. It was absolutely ridiculous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the worst films I have ever seen. It was absolutely ridiculous.

This. And age is irrelevant. It was clearly aimed at idiots :D
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it again this week, (I'm 34 by the way) still love it, and it's still not a horror.

It's a horror-comedy, which is a quite common subgenre of horror film. What you mean is that it's not scary, particularly to a horror aficionado. A horror-comedy is still within the horror genre though.
    ritch wrote: »
    whatever the message it was irritating to watch, i might have enjoyed it more if i was 15 i guess. not really aimed at anyone over 21 is it so cant really complain

Maybe if you were a bit older you might have actually understood it.
    downtonfan wrote: »
    This. And age is irrelevant. It was clearly aimed at idiots :D

Idiots tend to be the ones who are most vocally outraged by it, because they're the only ones who would want to see another generic, cliched film about friends in a cabin getting hacked up by a psychopath. That's not the film they actually got, so idiots react with confusion and anger.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not outraged by it, I just found it irritating to watch. your not an idiot if you dont like this film lol. I'd be more worried about people that loved it, not liked it, loved it!
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it!
    It was brilliant how it gave the audience the feeling of a 'In the woods' type horror but so much more besides.
    We constantly moan about remakes and reboots, yet here was a film that had a go at twisting old stories up a little. This really was a reboot rather than a remake with a fancy name.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it. To me it had all the feeling of Buffy, which is one of my fav shows. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. To me it was what Josh Wedon does best. Love the humour, love the 'horror', loved the story line. Yep I loved it!
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    I loved it. To me it had all the feeling of Buffy, which is one of my fav shows. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. To me it was what Josh Wedon does best. Love the humour, love the 'horror', loved the story line. Yep I loved it!

Whedon is great at mixing up horror, drama, humour and action, but I feel he's done it so much better in the past, to me this came across as a bit of a by the numbers Whedon production, a bit lacklustre by his standards. It was still decent though, but imo it had the feel of an early season episode rather than a climatic end of season ep.