National Treasure 3

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
I just read this on Dark Horizons website about a new National Treasure sequel. These films are a guilty pleasure for me so I cant wait to see another sequel:

"Jerry Bruckheimer and Nicolas Cage both attended the Walt Disney Showcase in Hollywood this afternoon and revealed a third "National Treasure" is in the works.

Director Jon Turteltaub will be back behind the camera, and much of the original cast will return as well for the film.

No plot details were announced, but a late 2010 release is looking likely."

Comments

• starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like them as well, as mindless entertainment....a kind of up-dated Indiana Jones which is always good...
  • MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    I LOVED the first too, so excited this may turn into a franchise! :D
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well far as I know (last I heard) was a bit of a fork in the road for plots.

Either:

Search for the Fountain of Youth (but could be blocked by Pirates 4 if it happens)
    or
    Some sort of "Gold under Big Thunder Mountain" (which could be blocked by The Lone Ranger movie)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard there were extremely vague plans (as in no actual plots yet) for both #3 and 4.

I really liked the first two :)
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    I understood that after #2 was released during the writers strike it was confirmed #3 and #4 was in the making.

#3 is suppose to be Page 42 or whatever it is out of the book.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the Lone Ranger has now been confirmed so no doubt it has its plot. And of course, page 42 could easily be anything, so I guess the NT3 writers wouldn't have too much trouble.
  • Eat The TellyEat The Telly Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guilty pleasure for me too. Probably aimed at 15 year olds but good fun and better than looking on the internet if you like wacky secret history type ideas.
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Add me into the guilty pleasure National Treasure boat, can't wait for the third :D
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I am soooooo looking forward to National Treasure 3... I keep hearing online that its being delayed for one reason or another... Any truth in this?

I always hope of finding the trailer
    http://www.nationaltreasure3-trailer.com/