5Live playing music. "Up All Night"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
Forum Member
Bit of a rant but fed up with Dotun Adebayo playing music on his "Up All Night" show.

I don't want to be up all night! I'm trying to get to sleep! I like snoozing off with speech radio. Rhod Sharp and more recently Andy Crane are a joy to listen to.

Why on earth does Dotun do so many music features? I love music but not on speech radio. Surely the BBC has numerous other platforms if he's so desperate to play music?

Comments

• superbike999superbike999 Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I quite agree, it's a subject I have raised before and I'm sure it's against 5live's broadcast remit of 75% news and 25% sport. He's probably more suited to 6music, if they aren't going to sack him. It's even worse when he starts singing
  • didasdidas Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Yes, I like to sleep to speech and the music sometimes wakes me up!
  • Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the impression that the 5 Live bosses indulge Dotun and basically allow him to present a programme that is often totally unsuitable for the station. Basically when he is on I rarely listen as I don't want to hear music in the early hours of the morning. I like to listen to 5 Live and use it to help me sleep which is not possible when there's music playing. Or worse still, I hate being woken up when he starts to play music or starts to sing. It made a nice change when he wasn't on last Sunday morning and as far as I can remember the Virtual Jukebox feature didn't run either.

I do wonder what plans 5 Live have got for Dotun as it's unlikely he's ever going to get another programme at 5 Live and the programme he does present is so stale that only a new presenter could freshen it up.