Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    July THE nineteenth
    "THE"
    :mad:

Or... The Nineteenth of July?!
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My computer is not working properly.

Two computer repair people come round for one laptop don't touch it just look at it and tell me it is fine and charge me a £150.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That VW commercial with the crying baby - there's one simple solution to stop it crying: assuming that you have a freestanding washing machine or dishwasher, put the baby in the baby carrier, pop it on top of the machine and turn it on. That'll stop the baby crying (my parents said it worked with me, anyway).
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the latest Talk Talk advert? It has dolls similar to the ones featured in the IKEA ad. Speaking of the IKEA ad, I don't have any problem with it although it does come across as if they're desperate to win some creative advert award.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now admittedly I might be misremembering here, but I can't think of a single shitty GoDaddy.com advert that didn't go straight to the well of using "sex sells" to promote their business of flogging domain names.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No no, its as bad as that fat ***** old adverts, its never off the sodding box, and its about 10 minutes long! :mad:
  • ewarwoowooewarwoowoo Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    That VW commercial with the crying baby - there's one simple solution to stop it crying: assuming that you have a freestanding washing machine or dishwasher, put the baby in the baby carrier, pop it on top of the machine and turn it on. That'll stop the baby crying (my parents said it worked with me, anyway).

Or the bloke could just keep the clutch pressed down, or turn the bloody stop-start off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    :mad: SANEX :mad:

Why is that ad still on?

Am i the only one whose stomach churns every time i see it?

Why has nobody gone to Ofcom about this?

A few years back (around 2005), some of you may remember a BBC ad that had loads of little flying heads which provoked similar responses in my stomach - that advert got pulled quite quickly after complaints!

This can't go on! Especially when it's while eating my dinner!

I've also never liked Tesco ads of recent - they expect you to recognise their ad with the metallic 'dings' and red circles appearing... i hate that kind of thing, it's so smug.
    Then there's also the stupidly unfunny Tesco Mobile ads that keep coming up, and there's a T.M. billboard near me with Ronnie Corbett on it, nothing against Ronnie, but the text makes no sense whatsoever and makes me angry every time I drive past.

And finally - Toothpaste (or any form of dental advert, really) adverts with their pseudo science which blocks nerves and people chomping whole ice cubes then spitting out blood and then using a 'sonic' toothbrush to remove the blood then using Listerine which has the same effects as having an atomic bomb go off in your mouth, have made my 'annoy-ometer' surpass the levels once only reached by Goconpare and Secret Escapes.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvbox wrote: »
    :mad: SANEX :mad:

Why is that ad still on?

Am i the only one whose stomach churns every time i see it?

Why has nobody gone to Ofcom about this?

A few years back (around 2005), some of you may remember a BBC ad that had loads of little flying heads which provoked similar responses in my stomach - that advert got pulled quite quickly after complaints!

This can't go on! Especially when it's while eating my dinner!

I've also never liked Tesco ads of recent - they expect you to recognise their ad with the metallic 'dings' and red circles appearing... i hate that kind of thing, it's so smug.
    Then there's also the stupidly unfunny Tesco Mobile ads that keep coming up, and there's a T.M. billboard near me with Ronnie Corbett on it, nothing against Ronnie, but the text makes no sense whatsoever and makes me angry every time I drive past.

And finally - Toothpaste (or any form of dental advert, really) adverts with their pseudo science which blocks nerves and people chomping whole ice cubes then spitting out blood and then using a 'sonic' toothbrush to remove the blood then using Listerine which has the same effects as having an atomic bomb go off in your mouth, have made my 'annoy-ometer' surpass the levels once only reached by Goconpare and Secret Escapes.

Was the ad for BBC Bitesize? The description of flying heads rings a bell.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ' Annoy- ometer' love it.
    Adverts these days are like an endurance test, can we get through an evening's viewing without causing harm to our tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the ad for BBC Bitesize? The description of flying heads rings a bell.

If it's the one I'm thinking of (this one), it was for freeview.

The bitesize ads I believe were floating/biting fish?
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Car loan advert with the chavs giving their recommendations. Did the company want all the real life customers to look so ropey with bad teeth and a thick sounding voice.

Why you would take out a loan on your car to have 'a little holiday' sums up the current state of the country!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    podgicus wrote: »
    If it's the one I'm thinking of (this one), it was for freeview.

Yes it was.

I daren't click on the link!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Listerine Cool Mint mouthwash ad.

Disgusting doesn't even begin to cover it. I have to turn over.
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

My 7 month old Twins watch the wash for me and cry when it's finished. Then they watch it in the dryer. As for the advert, I don't get it. Is it saying the car is fine to buy but only if you don't have a baby? If I have music on I don't want it to keep starting and stopping as I live in London and driving here is nothing but stopping and starting. Or is it supposed to be funny? And how much does it cost extra anyway?
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I just dream there? Vauxhall named their latest car Adam?! What kind of stupid name is that for a CAR?! :mad:
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewarwoowoo wrote: »
    Or the bloke could just keep the clutch pressed down, or turn the bloody stop-start off.

Or put some ear plugs in and ignore the screeching little brat :mad:
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new Fanta advert is wrong on so many levels.

3 Blokes (animated) try to get a bottle of Fanta from a girl, by offering things way more expensive than a bottle of Fanta would ever cost, such as a motor van.

All she does is get 3 bottles from vending machine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh? What are they doing showing an old Fruit Pastels advert? Have they run out of money?
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? What are they doing showing an old Fruit Pastels advert? Have they run out of money?

There seems to be a habit of showing old adverts recently. It started with the 'red car and the blue car had a race' (i think for Milky Way) advert from the late 80s and they have started showing the Kit-Kat advert with the roller skating bears in the zoo over the last few months.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be a habit of showing old adverts recently. It started with the 'red car and the blue car had a race' (i think for Milky Way) advert from the late 80s and they have started showing the Kit-Kat advert with the roller skating bears in the zoo over the last few months.

Makes you think how good they tasted as a child and you might try them again to see if they are the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

They are all Nestle products I see.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all Nestle products I see.

Nestle running out of ideas or clearing out their archives perhaps?

Out of interest what was the fruit pastilles advert that you saw?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestle running out of ideas or clearing out their archives perhaps?

Out of interest what was the fruit pastilles advert that you saw?

It was an old 'You gotta chew' one with a basket ball player and a kid. Early 80s I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMpXqco7Zck
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the "We all have McDonalds in common" advert not annoy anyone else?
    The one with the young guys and the old guy doing every day stuff seeing how different similar habits are, then we see them both in McDonalds pouring their chips into the burger tray, then they both look at each other and smile.

What the heck is that all about?! Maybe if we saw the two interact earlier in the ad it wouldn't come across so creepy, but just seeing the two staring and smiling at each other just comes across as creepy. Maybe its just me.
This discussion has been closed.