breaking bad

Comments

• trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Brilliant first episode! Loving Dean Norris' performance as well as Bryan Cranston as always. So glad they started with the confrontation and didn't drag it out.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode is now on Netflix
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great return episode, the moment Carol looked terrified was awesome. I can't wait to see what Walter does to make that happen.

Did anyone else see the theory about how he adopts traits from everyone he kills and they think that something he did in a flash forward shows who he will kill in these last few episodes?

Only a theory but could be spoilery also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The most dramatic closing of a garage door that I can remember...

This was me, "Oh, man... No way..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    The most dramatic closing of a garage door that I can remember...

This was me, "Oh, man... No way..."

Haha yeah, I couldn't actually believe it when the door started to shut. They spoiled us with that episode.
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great first episode. The shock look on Carol's face after she saw Walter in the flash forward makes me guess that he faked his own death. Either that or his identity as Heisenberg was revealed to everyone and now he's on the run.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    That final scene was incredible. The 'Oooh *bleep*!' moment of Hank closing the garage door, and Hank's got him, then Walt says his cancer is back and a court would never convict a dying car wash attendant, then tells Hank to 'tread carefully' and suddenly it's Walt who's in charge.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved, loved, LOVED IT! Monday's won't come quick enough!

Fair play to Netflix for getting it on within hours of broadcast in the US. Just finished watching it in HD on there with absolutely no problems, played flawlessly and excellent picture quality. Well done to all concerned!

I need to ring friends now and discuss what has happened :eek:
  • AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to watch this.

As a critic recently said, it's more addictive than the crystal meth they're cooking.

So it's actually on Netflix? I cancelled Netflix because the content was mostly meh, and when I was a member they never had the most recent BB series, always about two series behind.

I'll rejoin if this is coming straight on to it. I normally watch it online, but sometimes the quality's not all it could be.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted that I havent watched this yet. My Internet is down at home so cant download it.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted to get to 'that' conversation straight away, instead we got stuff like Badgers star trek pie eating contest...it felt a little slow tbh but still a good episode, I just cant wait for things to get going!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last 3 minutes of the episode were AMAZING!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Loved, loved, LOVED IT! Monday's won't come quick enough!

Fair play to Netflix for getting it on within hours of broadcast in the US. Just finished watching it in HD on there with absolutely no problems, played flawlessly and excellent picture quality. Well done to all concerned!

I need to ring friends now and discuss what has happened :eek:

I really enjoyed having Heinsburg on my TV in HD :D brilliant episode!
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    green855 wrote: »

it was all good but it slowly built to that powerful ending
    .........."Tread Lightly" :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weetibix wrote: »
    it was all good but it slowly built to that powerful ending
    .........."Tread Lightly" :cool:

It got intense as soon has Hank closed the garage. I was half expecting them to drag it out for a few episodes but nope :D Walter can be a bad ass when he wants to be.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a stunning return. Roll on next week.
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may watch just next weeks episode in my newly aquired Heisenberg T shirt :cool:
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    green855 wrote: »

The whole episode was amazing, it's just that the last three minutes or so were doubly amazing. :D

Major thanks and kudos to Netflix UK putting it up so soon as well.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Just watched it now myself, absolutely fab! Poor Jesse is really suffering :(

Loved the way colours play a big part in the different series- note Sky n Walt are now in 'light' coloured clothes, after all the dark and navy of S4 - as if the bad times are behind them (or not)!!!
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not read any of the past posts as I was a Breaking Bad virgin until a few days ago, so I am only just halfway through series one.All I will say Is I can't believe this show fell below my radar for so long, I'm bloody loving it...:)
  • LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abewest wrote: »
    Can't wait to watch this.

As a critic recently said, it's more addictive than the crystal meth they're cooking.

So it's actually on Netflix? I cancelled Netflix because the content was mostly meh, and when I was a member they never had the most recent BB series, always about two series behind.

I'll rejoin if this is coming straight on to it. I normally watch it online, but sometimes the quality's not all it could be.

Yes netflix have it the morning after it airs in the US each week :)
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Still good, except for Jesse moping around on the sofa, we've had enough of that I think.

The Star Trek conversation was good.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    So so good! I've never been this excited for the return of a show. Outstanding episode and I love the line it finished with: "If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

Big thanks to Netflix for getting it up in HD so quickly. Brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madj40 wrote: »
    Not read any of the past posts as I was a Breaking Bad virgin until a few days ago, so I am only just halfway through series one.All I will say Is I can't believe this show fell below my radar for so long, I'm bloody loving it...:)

I envy you! You have so much to look forward to.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    What an awesome episode. I knew it was going to be good but it seriously surpassed my expectations.

The character who plays Hank - superb!