Options

iOS 7 Today! {CHAT THREAD}

Comments

• Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Loving the iOS 7.0 on my iPhone 5 but not so much (so far) on my iPad 2. Nothing particularly bad maybe just me struggling with the change.

Probably be fine after a few days.
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    One thing on the iPad is the parallax effect is much more noticeable. Looks cool.

The bottom icon dock in it's new flat style looks fine on the phone but sticks out a bit on the iPad.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit buggy and sluggish on my iPad 2. It's a bit of a culture shock, but I'm sure I'll get use to it. Going to upgrade this iPad when the new one comes out anyways so no problem there.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Clatter wrote: »
    Not had any problems with lag yet, but if I could roll back to IOS6 I would.

Whats your reasoning for this?!
    Tiron wrote: »
    Loving the iOS 7.0 on my iPhone 5 but not so much (so far) on my iPad 2. Nothing particularly bad maybe just me struggling with the change.

Probably be fine after a few days.
    lala wrote: »
    A bit buggy and sluggish on my iPad 2. It's a bit of a culture shock, but I'm sure I'll get use to it. Going to upgrade this iPad when the new one comes out anyways so no problem there.

I think my iPad 2 looks quite good on iOS6 - everything works flawlessly and obviously no bugs. Sounds like this isn't the case for iOS7 then?!
  • Options
    ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    Whats your reasoning for this?!

I think my iPad 2 looks quite good on iOS6 - everything works flawlessly and obviously no bugs. Sounds like this isn't the case for iOS7 then?!

Main reason is the graphics. They have left some of the nicer looking elements off of the 4 due to HW limitations and to me whats left looks awful.

Performance wise I've not noticed it being particularly laggy once apps are open, but it does appear to take longer to open them. The battery life is down as well, but need to try the run it all the way down trick to see if that clears it.

Overall I'm just not convinced the 4 is man enough for IOS7 and it's better suited to the newer dual core versions.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    My iPad 2 is working fine on the new iOS 7 :) no lagging or anything

It's quite pleasant

I don't know if I've been lucky going by some posts on here, but both my iPhone 4S and my partners 4s and our iPad 2 have all downloaded the new update without any problems, and all run as smooth as they ever have
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those of you suffering with laggy keypads, I had the same issue on my ipad and managed to fix it by resetting my settings as outlined in this post...

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=68764778&postcount=29

A bit annoying having to set all your settings up again but probably worth a punt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So once iOS7 downloads and installs on your device, have people then been restoring from their iOS6 back up in order to get all their apps, music and stuff, back onto their devices?!

Does restoring an iOS6 back up onto iOS7 still work?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So once iOS7 downloads and installs on your device, have people then been restoring from their iOS6 back up in order to get all their apps, music and stuff, back onto their devices?!

The apps and music don't disappear, they are still there, just as they were before install.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thedrewser wrote: »
    The apps and music don't disappear, they are still there, just as they were before install.

Cool...!! I think I was thinking of the time when I switched from iPhone 4 to 5 and it updated and then asked me to do a backup from the previous version.

Cheers for confirming!
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Cool...!! I think I was thinking of the time when I switched from iPhone 4 to 5 and it updated and then asked me to do a backup from the previous version.

Cheers for confirming!

If your just updating your iPhone 4 then just select update and everything will be as before just with iOS 7 instead.
    If your going from iPhone 4 to 5 then yes you would setup the iPhone 5 from your previous iPhone 4 backup regardless of what iOS version it was from.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me or have local times been added to the new weather app today?
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    What's so bad about not locking your phone?

I think Stuart's 'wow' was in response to the poster's phone rarely leaving their sight!
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member

You would have to be very quick - or you could be too late!!!

Apple needs to digitally sign any firmware which is done by a network service. Normally about 48 hours after a new release their system completely stops signing the previous version (6.1.4 in this case) - so it will no longer install!
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do. Not. Like.

Keyboard looks terrible. Icons designed by a teletubby.

On the bright side, I can't replicate the lock screen vulnerability (possibly down to our corporate security stuff).

And if some friends are to be believed, battery life is improved.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thedrewser wrote: »
    Indeed. I've never locked my iPhones and that goes back to my first one in 2010. It's all about risk assessment isn't it and I have taken the decison that the hassle outweighs the risk.

I got in to the habit of locking mine when my ex would go nosing through all my texts to make sure I wasn't up to no good. I wasn't and that's why shes my ex. :D
  • Options
    NewcastleNewcastle Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Control Centre is annoying when scrolling in Safari - argh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Newcastle wrote: »
    Control Centre is annoying when scrolling in Safari - argh!

Turn it off while using apps then.
    Settings > Control Center > Access Within Apps > set to off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why isn't my iPhone aware of the existence of iOS 7? On software update in the settings there's still a minor iOS 6 update which I never did because was a pointless one.

Do I have to update iOS 6 first?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    samy1014 wrote: »
    Why isn't my iPhone aware of the existence of iOS 7? On software update in the settings there's still a minor iOS 6 update which I never did because was a pointless one.

Do I have to update iOS 6 first?

Yes, I'd imagine you do.
    Why not update and find out?
  • Options
    NewcastleNewcastle Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Turn it off while using apps then.
    Settings > Control Center > Access Within Apps > set to off.
    Perfect. Thanks for that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Yes, I'd imagine you do.
    Why not update and find out?

Yeah I probably should. It's strange though, surely if there are 2 updates then it would just show me the latest one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have questions already!

Why do some apps still show the old keyboard? Facebook Messenger for example.

Why are the keyboard keys always displayed in caps, particularly when the Caps Lock button is much less noticeable than before.

Why is it so laggy even on an iPhone 5? There's a really noticeable lag between pressing on a folder and it transitioning into that folder.

Why do notifications at the top take up more of the screen than they used to. It's even more intrusive.

Why are folders now split into pages so that you have to scroll? Again, slower to achieve the same aim.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are folders now split into pages so that you have to scroll? Again, slower to achieve the same aim.

Because now you can have as many apps in a folder as you want, instead of it being limited to IIRC 12 for the iPhone or 16 for the iPad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost everything I've tried so far takes longer in iOS 7 than in iOS 6. More swiping and scrolling, and with animations/transitions that are slightly too long.