Options

ED KO - Barton boys are all good looking and fresh meat for the girls.

Comments

• Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to bothered if they're 'male totty', just as long as they can act.
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    Nowt wrong with Jamie, I wouldn't say no...Seems too me some DS members are just hard too please!

No I like to be able to watch a programme without having to fast forward bits because the actor simply can't act.
  • Options
    Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avaconrad wrote: »
    No I like to be able to watch a programme without having to fast forward bits because the actor simply can't act.

again....just your opinion!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ED could do with some good looking blokes but I hope that the three Barton boys won't be hunks-beefcakes Ken dolls who'll get their shirt off at every opportunity. I prefer more subtle, understated, less obvious good looks.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since when is casting good looking people a bad thing? Doesn't mean they won't be good actors
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,542
    Forum Member
    Moira will have an affair with the dad.

I think for the sons, they could be any age so I'm thinking either Chas, Priya (presuming her and David split), Debbie, Katie, Gemma/Belle (if one of them is quite young), Alicia (if she splits with Dom and doesn't get with David) or Victoria

I don't think Moira would sink as low as to sleep with her dead husband's brother!

Anyway I think
    Cain proposes to her

this week.

She's bagged the (now) fittest bloke in the village! I don't think she would cheat, not since the consequences of sleeping with Cain killed her husband.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,542
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Look at Aaron!!

I agree. :D
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    Jealousy is a terrible thing, Sammy Winward is beautiful

Emmerdale is lacking red heads so I'm guessing this is a way of incorporating the ginger demographic :p

She's a bit boring though.

I bet none of the sons will have as much sex appeal as their dad!:o
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Moira would sink as low as to sleep with her dead husband's brother!

Yet she slept with a guy who had slept with her daughter.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Nowt wrong with Jamie, I wouldn't say no...Seems too me some DS members are just hard too please!

He's too short, you couldn't walk around with him for long without people thinking he was your kid or something.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the casting director picked Jamie Shelton who plays Robbie, he isn't easy on the eye and really can't act to save his life.

I agree. He's a terrible actor and is weird and creepy looking. Not fanciable at all.
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really care how they look, I just want them to be able to act and be well written characters and well directed.

There's far too much bad acting and directing in Emmerdale at the moment where a lot of heavy breathing and screeching is deemed to be an Oscar winning performance.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you knew it might cause offence would it not have been best not to say it in the first place. maybe?

I am all for freedom of speech and will say what I like, of course this always brings out the people who love to get on their moral high horses and tell me what I should and shouldn't say, I am a person not a sheep (I suppose sheep will be offended by that comment, so I will apologize for that also :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    I agree. He's a terrible actor and is weird and creepy looking. Not fanciable at all.

He does appear like he hasn't settled into the role very well and seems nervous sometimes in scenes, but he seems like a lovely lad when you read interviews.

He was hailed as being the new bad boy when he first arrived, but I think the writers have forgotten about him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He does appear like he hasn't settled into the role very well and seems nervous sometimes in scenes, but he seems like a lovely lad when you read interviews.

He was hailed as being the new bad boy when he first arrived, but I think the writers have forgotten about him

It hasn't helped that he has been stuck with Megan and Declan and hasn't really interacted with others apart from Debbie for a couple weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't helped that he has been stuck with Megan and Declan and hasn't really interacted with others apart from Debbie for a couple weeks.

They could have done so much more with him, but seem to settle on writing for others all the time, he is over shadowed a lot. Saying that, a lot of the male cast aren't used to their full potential
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Did Moira ever know that Alex had slept with Hannah?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TBH it must be difficult for an actor to settle into the role when the role is not well defined, planned and though out. He was supposed to be this dark and handsome bad boy but it was never gonna work because he doesn't have the looks for it. They then turned him into a creep, then Dobbeh skivvy, creep again, Adam's friend for 5 episodes ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They could have done so much more with him, but seem to settle on writing for others all the time, he is over shadowed a lot. Saying that, a lot of the male cast aren't used to their full potential

All soaps are lead by females. Unless your names Cain or Steve McDonald you're lucky to get a look in at the best of times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All soaps are lead by females. Unless your names Cain or Steve McDonald you're lucky to get a look in at the best of times.

Haha I suppose you have to be a serial killer, although Zac got a few leads when he had his breakdown and Paddy is kind of getting stories as well as Marlon, but it's nowhere near the workload of the females. I think this needs to change
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha I suppose you have to be a serial killer, although Zac got a few leads when he had his breakdown and Paddy is kind of getting stories as well as Marlon, but it's nowhere near the workload of the females. I think this needs to change

Going by spoilers, Debbie and Chas seem to be getting a rest for a while so perhaps with EDs main females on a break we'll see more males take centre stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going by spoilers, Debbie and Chas seem to be getting a rest for a while so perhaps with EDs main females on a break we'll see more males take centre stage.

Doubt it, looks like it's Laurel, Priya, Alicia and Rhona taking the helm :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doubt it, looks like it's Laurel, Priya, Alicia and Rhona taking the helm :D

Should be Charity and Nicola. Only like Alicia out of that lot.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Chas is included in the spoilers this week, but Debbie isn't. I think Debbie will go on holiday for a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chas is in the spoilers this week, but Debbie isn't. I think Debbie will go on holiday for a bit.
    Will Chas only be in the Woolpack pulling pints? I don't mind that but she needs a rest from main storylines at least, I was sick off her this time last year because it felt like she was in every single episode.

And I imagine Charley gets holidays like Cain and Rhona when the kids get school holidays. Seems to be how it works on ED.

Not sure I needed to spoiler tag that..