Options

Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    City gave The Arz a lesson in counter attacking football today putting 6 past them aswell and could have been a lot more! Well worth watching that just to see the looks on the faces of pudding face chesney and Whinger!
    I was out for most of yesterday, so a pleasant surprise to arrive back to see that City had put 6 past the Arses as well. Brings our result there back into perspective really.

Here's hoping for the right today at the Lane. If we can stop the supply to Saurez (I know it has been mentioned a few times already) then I can see thing going in our favour. COYS
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Pee says Cut off the supply and Suarez would need to make his own chances, not that he's not capable of course. Coutinho is the key and he will be exposing the space left by Walker's forays forward. Sandro will need to stay alert to that as will I assume Dawson as the CBR who must stay on his feet as much as possible or Coutinho will simply skip past him.

It's going to be an interesting game especially if Liverpool go for the win rather than simply one point. I'd like to see us use Man City's home tactics of breaking forward with pace and our front three attacking the area between the defenders rather than the space being occupied by them.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    Im hoping for a good game between two good teams

If you enter the game with that attitude you will get turned over

When form and data backs you up, why shouldn't we enter the game with an 'attitude' ?

Obviously I'm not saying be smug about it at all, but as I said, I don't think it's unreasonable to go in to the game expecting a win.

Awfully sad news for the Soldado family as well. Brave of them to talk about it as well as I suspect there are, sadly, a tiny minority of 'fans' out there who would likely want to use it as a means of abuse.
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Lloris; Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Dembele, Chadli; Soldado.

Subs: Friedel, Fryers, Holtby, Lamela, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Defoe.
    Presumaby the central defenders and Rose are still not fit.

Chadli left-side, Soldada back. No real suprises there.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    I'm really annoyed he's not started with Holtby, just as he's starting to motor he puts in an ultra defensive midfield of Sandro, Demble and Paulinho. No Defoe again either :-(
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When form and data backs you up, why shouldn't we enter the game with an 'attitude' ?

Obviously I'm not saying be smug about it at all, but as I said, I don't think it's unreasonable to go in to the game expecting a win.

Awfully sad news for the Soldado family as well. Brave of them to talk about it as well as I suspect there are, sadly, a tiny minority of 'fans' out there who would likely want to use it as a means of abuse.
    I hope not as our fans don't use the Brendan Rogers (very probably false) story for the same reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    I'm really annoyed he's not started with Holtby, just as he's starting to motor he puts in an ultra defensive midfield of Sandro, Demble and Paulinho. No Defoe again either :-(

Dembele is defensive. Defoe should play. So should Holtby. Jesus. The best thing to probably say is 'it's a game of opinions ...'

Tottenham drifting like hell in the pre-match markets ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hmm, Naughton is going to need quite a lot of help on the left. Chadli will certainly have to help with Johnson and whoever else comes at that side of the final third ...
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where did I say you shouldnt go in to the game with an attitude.

Read my post again

No its ok I'll put you straight...You go in to the game thinking liverpool are average with 2 players missing then you will become unstuck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm on Draw No Bet: Tottenham @ 1.77

Merry Christmas ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well that was coming ..
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have been totally outclassed, and the goal was inevitable.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus, our defending is ragged to say the least. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I love Dawson I just dont think he is good enough at this stage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandro off now .. it just gets better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant believe Suarez didn't score there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennon seems to be having no impact whatsoever, most attacks coming through Chadli. (Hoping now ive said that he'll score)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor old Naughton is getting slaughtered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f**ks sake ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I said he'd need a lot of help ... just not right.

0-2. AVB: this is not good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our defence is a wide open mess against a team that can attack.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two good saves from Lloris there, gotta feel for him then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "feeble" is quite apt ..
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's another Man City performance so far. can't even do the simple things well. Jeez we're even making Henderson look good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    we should win today. they're a very average team outside of Suarez, Sturridge, and Gerrard, and the latter two aren't playing. as long as Sandro keeps Coutinho quiet, Suarez should get little or no service.

What does that make us?:D
This discussion has been closed.