Dynamo: Magician Impossible on BBC One.

Comments

• JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    There are plenty of vids on yourtube showing the same tricks, either by the masked magician or home magicians.

Also vids disecting his shows.

And there was a long thread when his series was on with some magicians explaining how they were done.

The masked magician simply reveals the secrets of how tricks are done. I asked you for evidence of Dynamo using stooges or camera trickery.

I realise there is a logical explanation for the tricks he and every other magician does, but in my opinion he performs them expertly.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    That doesn't matter. We are talking about the main national broadcaster in this country that has special privileges way above every other channel, showing second hand 'hand-me-downs' in prime time Saturday night TV.

Shameful.

If it was a choice between Eastenders, Casualty, Holby City blah blah blah then give me a hand me down from Watch every time. Well done BBC. :p
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The masked magician simply reveals the secrets of how tricks are done. I asked you for evidence of Dynamo using stooges or camera trickery.

I realise there is a logical explanation for the tricks he and every other magician does, but in my opinion he performs them expertly.
    Someone posted an example a few posts back about how the mobile phone trick is done.
    As I said, there are vids on youtube detailling how he does some of the tricks.

Camera cuts - the one in the department store when he disappears leaving his clothes on the floor.
    Stooge/stand in - the one in on a beach gazeebo where he tells people to turn around and he'll disappear. He jumps over the side to hide and the camera pans up to show him/stand in on the top of a building.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    I was totally entertained . Best programme on saturday night. Wowed by most of the tricks. The mind reading is amazing.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Yeah it was entertaining enough, worked most of it out. I did like the guitar balance, must admit. He is trying to be a bit like Blaine though, his commentary and mystical attitude, lol imo!

I prefer Paul Zenon he was funny with it, had a bit of a laugh and didnt take himself so seriously.

I want him to do coke can in a balloon on the street, now that might be impressive, but as previous posters say you cant trust the camera manipulation. Long gone are the days of Paul Daniels, his stuff still seems impressive and limited camera work as they were few on set..hehe, not a lot. (getting my coat..)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone posted an example a few posts back about how the mobile phone trick is done.
    As I said, there are vids on youtube detailling how he does some of the tricks.

Yes it explains how it's done and as I said there will be a logical explanation for every trick ever done, but he does it very well.
    Camera cuts - the one in the department store when he disappears leaving his clothes on the floor.
    Stooge/stand in - the one in on a beach gazeebo where he tells people to turn around and he'll disappear. He jumps over the side to hide and the camera pans up to show him/stand in on the top of a building.

Are you saying that ALL the people who witnessed the trick in the department store and on the gazebo were stooges?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Yes it explains how it's done and as I said there will be a logical explanation for every trick ever done, but he does it very well.

Are you saying that ALL the people who witnessed the trick in the department store and on the gazebo were stooges?
    The ones on the gazebo were just normal punters. The trick was having the stand in witht he same clothing on the building.

The department store. Yes, all stooges. He didn't disappear now did he ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I've never seen Dynamo before and I don't have the Watch channel so this was all new for me. I thought it was an extremely entertaining programme with some incredible tricks. The credit card trick and the mobile phone in the bottle were particularly impressive. So was moving the tan mark on the girl's arm and making it impossible for strong men to lift him up. I liked him, I'm pleased he's English and I'm pleased he's doing well.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    I was totally entertained . Best programme on saturday night. Wowed by most of the tricks. The mind reading is amazing.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The credit card trick and the mobile phone in the bottle were particularly impressive. So was moving the tan mark on the girl's arm and making it impossible for strong men to lift him up.

The problem is all these tricks can be bought from your local magic outlet for a few quid. Dynamo doesn't add any interesting twists and doesn't even perform them very well.

The making it difficult to lift you trick is something every 5 year old throwing a tantrum knows how to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones on the gazebo were just normal punters. The trick was having the stand in witht he same clothing on the building.

The department store. Yes, all stooges. He didn't disappear now did he ;)

I just can't believe that stooges are widely used. Surely by now one of these stooges would have broke their vow of silence and revealed all. Until that happens I will remain undecided.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't believe that stooges are widely used. Surely by now one of these stooges would have broke their vow of silence and revealed all. Until that happens I will remain undecided.

Dynamo uses them quite liberally. There's a thing called an NDA.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Moggio wrote: »
    The problem is all these tricks can be bought from your local magic outlet for a few quid. Dynamo doesn't add any interesting twists and doesn't even perform them very well.

The making it difficult to lift you trick is something every 5 year old throwing a tantrum knows how to do.

Not sure why you consider this to be a 'problem'. I've never seen any of this before, it was new to me and very entertaining.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    Dynamo uses them quite liberally. There's a thing called an NDA.

I'm sure the CIA has a very strict NDA, but then there's Edward Snowden.

In this information age where it's difficult to keep anything secret, it seems very risky to use stooges.
  • 000Mark000000Mark000 Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the CIA has a very strict NDA, but then there's Edward Snowden.

In this information age where it's difficult to keep anything secret, it seems very risky to use stooges.

Interesting then that in the very touristy area of Westminster Bridge, where he performed "Walking on Water" (and I use the phrase loosely), with all of those "members of the public" (and I use the term loosely) with their cameras and phones, busy taking photographs and video...

...not one of them seem to have posted any online. Strange that these an ordinary "members of the public" don't do that although they are absolutely free to do so, yet you are suggesting that someone under a contract with a non-disclosure agreement would risk being sued for 'Ste from Bradford: Magician Implausible's" loss of earnings and damage to his business and career by deliberately disclosing that which they are contractually obliged not to.

Ho hum!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    000Mark000 wrote: »
    Interesting then that in the very touristy area of Westminster Bridge, where he performed "Walking on Water" (and I use the phrase loosely), with all of those "members of the public" (and I use the term loosely) with their cameras and phones, busy taking photographs and video...

...not one of them seem to have posted any online. Strange that these an ordinary "members of the public" don't do that although they are absolutely free to do so, yet you are suggesting that someone under a contract with a non-disclosure agreement would risk being sued for 'Ste from Bradford: Magician Implausible's" loss of earnings and damage to his business and career by deliberately disclosing that which they are contractually obliged not to.

Ho hum!

Found this http://youtu.be/Hs-xhH8z8zo

Don't know who filmed it, but it could be one of those so called "members of the public"
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the show airs of him levitating in front of statue in Rio,see how many camera phones/videos are being used by"spectators" now find any footage of it online. ;)
  • gothergother Posts: 14,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares how it's done? It's called entertainment.
    Personally i prefer that Ben guy on Tricked but both are good at what they do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    When the show airs of him levitating in front of statue in Rio,see how many camera phones/videos are being used by"spectators" now find any footage of it online. ;)

Here you go http://youtu.be/3U9KFXjNBfs
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    How does he do that walking on water trick?
    Platform under the water

That is actually one of his easiest tricks.
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus, you lot would HATE watching WWE wrestling...

It's all not real........WHO'D A THUNK IT?!
    Forum Member
    Found this http://youtu.be/Hs-xhH8z8zo

Don't know who filmed it, but it could be one of those so called "members of the public"

Or one of the cameramen. The footage also appears in a news report on Russia Today! There's nothing like marketing!

In any case, it was somebody who was there for the 9:07pm performance.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »

Now that is a good point if nobody can find any of that footage online.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that is a good point if nobody can find any of that footage online.

See post #70
    Forum Member
    See post #70

Smashing, that'll be all the genuine "members of the public", half of whom don't even care to watch a man hovering six feet in the air and the other half failing to notice that his left leg is attached to the lifting rig. That'll be the same lifting rig that has been painted out digitally in the final edit of the programme. Sadly it also left a woman severed at the waist with no top half and a man with a severed right arm. Where are Health & Safety when you need them.