Dogs licking faces is not disgusting

Comments

• imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    I hate it when a dog licks my hand let alone get anywhere near my face or mouth.
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love dogs but I don't like them licking my face, maybe it's a sign of affection but then so is dry humping and I'm not fond of that either. I'd much rather they just skipped the physical formalities and bought me a present.
    Neither do I like my husband licking my face or dry humping me (and I'm very fond of him too), so it's nothing to do with me being 'doggist'.
    I find cats in the house more disgusting than the thought of a dog lick on the face though. I hate how they are free to walk all over the kitchen surfaces. If I owned one I'd hang fishing weights on it's legs to ground it.
  • LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I owned one I'd hang fishing weights on it's legs to ground it.

You are doomed when cat people see this... I agree though.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must have been really strange seeing your own dog in there.
    Very cute.
    :)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    I hate it when a dog licks my hand let alone get anywhere near my face or mouth.

Me too. One of my family's dogs always tries to lick my hand when I walk past him - hoping I'm holding food, I suppose - and I laways have to go and wash my hands after. Yuk.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cut out the middledog - just smear shit on your mouth.
  • QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion I must be the scummiest person in the world. Surprised I haven't dropped dead of some disease or other already to be perfectly honest.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nasty and unhygienic
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is disgusting, but if you have a penchant for disgusting things, then that's your prerogative.
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting letting a dog lick your face
    the first thing most dogs do outside is sniff ecvery lamp post with other dog urine to see who is about
    closely followed by a sniffing any strange dog poo in the vicinity
    then inside it comes and you filthy animals who let it wipe the said stuff all over your face

completely disgusting
    the dogs then lick their backsides clean then jump on to lick it off onto the stupid owners face

it makes me gip watching people allowing a filthy dog to do that
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    clumpy wrote: »
    Stop saying it's disgusting. It's so cute. Dogs get offened if you reject their kisses. They do not lick their bum or eat vomit and poo. Dogs tongues are cleaner than humans.

I don't underestang people who think licky dogs are gross.
    Ollie's dog's love for him was beautiful. :kitty:

You think they don't eat their own poo or vomit or lick at their backsides ... Really ???? You should listen to groups of dog owners discussing their dogs habits or read problems pages. It goes on a lot.

And yes I have had dogs for years but I am lucky that none of mine have ate their own poo. Vomit, yes and bum licking, yes and they do not lick my face ewwww.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    Cut out the middledog - just smear shit on your mouth.

Hahahahaha :o:D
  • GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its gross!! letting a filthy animal lick your face like that, 5 mins ago it was prob licking its ass ewww!! :(
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find cats in the house more disgusting than the thought of a dog lick on the face though. I hate how they are free to walk all over the kitchen surfaces. it.

Just as not all dog owners snog their dogs not all cat owners let them walk over kitchen surfaces or even go in there
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Egg slicer wrote: »
    Me to, its foul.

I remember when i was a kid round a friends house and his sister was basically getting off with the dog, it really was a disturbing and disgusting thing to watch.
    Egg slicer wrote: »
    Not suprised no one has answered, you couldn't of been more condescending if you tried.

Hang on- you totally agree with my point, then in the next breath you say you are not surprised no one answered me, and that I couldn't of been more condescending if I tried?

2 things-

1) you answered me
    2) re being more condescending, trust me, I could have. ;-)
    Forum Member
    Daemon666 wrote: »
    Loved ones eat all sorts of stuff but we still French kiss them. We don't consider that to be disgusting, only intimate. The only difference is the species. Sometimes some of them have even been licking backsides...:p

Ha at the BIB.

I guess the issue is 2-fold for me.

1) the hygeine factor
    2) the exchange of bodily fluids with a different species to a human.

For me it's just beyond comprehension how anyone cannot gag/ retch/ get totally grossed out by snogging a dog, and somehow think it's normal.

Still horses for courses. (don't get me started on horses;-))
  • MimiJaneMimiJane Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    A lovely display of affection which I would imagine delighted Ollie and I doubt very much he'll come to any harm!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clumpy wrote: »
    Stop saying it's disgusting. It's so cute. Dogs get offened if you reject their kisses. They do not lick their bum or eat vomit and poo. Dogs tongues are cleaner than humans.

I don't underestang people who think licky dogs are gross.
    Ollie's dog's love for him was beautiful. :kitty:

But everyone can have their own opinion. Some people may think its disgusting. I would not want a dog to lick me. I find it disgusting. I have a cat and she rubs her nose on me which does not bother me...but I dont want her tongue on me as she licks herself.
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as not all dog owners snog their dogs not all cat owners let them walk over kitchen surfaces or even go in there

Get away :D I was speaking about cats in general as they are not so easy to train ;-)
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it really, truly is!! :o
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daemon666 wrote: »
    Loved ones eat all sorts of stuff but we still French kiss them. We don't consider that to be disgusting, only intimate. The only difference is the species. Sometimes some of them have even been licking backsides...:p
    You comparing French-kissing and intimacy between humans when condoning having your dog lick your mouth is ridiculous unless you know humans who lick their arse then your face and lips right afterwards.

Do what you like - I couldn't give a shit but don't try and defend the normality of doing it because it's not normal.

At all.

Ever.

And there's loads of things that probably wouldn't kill is if we did them but we refrain because we have higher standards of hygiene than dogs do and because we're not stupid - or most of us aren't anyway.
  • HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    TillyT wrote: »
    Local takeaway worker might have made your food without washing their hands after taking a piddle. Wouldn't make you sick, but would you like it? :p

I'm not into dogs licking faces or hands, or food off plates and forks/food sharing.

To say dogs don't lick their genital region, or eat vomit and poop is just a lie, of course some dogs do that.

I remember I invited a friend to dinner and she had a little leftovers on her plate and without a second thought she put the plate on the floor to my dog. My sister and I nearly had a heart attack with shock.it was the talking point for years.:o

It was so funny as this girl was very very fussy so we didn't know what to think. It just shows what someone thinks is dirty and unhygenic others find acceptable.
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    And there's loads of things that probably wouldn't kill is if we did them but we refrain because we have higher standards of hygiene than dogs do and because we're not stupid - or most of us aren't anyway.

An excellent point- the 'but it hasn't killed me/ made me seriously ill etc' are moot points.

I'm sure if I licked a puddle of sick on the street or a dogs arse it wouldn't kill me/ send me to hospital in a state of anaphylactic shock.

It's still gross.
  • EmmabellEmmabell Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    I have never eaten so much as a biscuit at my mother-in-laws house as she snogs dogs and lets them eat from her plate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I don't think its disgusting but a dog licked my face once the the texture of its tongue just felt horrible :eek: