What were your first signs of pregnancy?

Comments

• mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With my first i think the only sign was no period until i went to the docs and he confirmed it!.. Ooh and bythe way!, once he had done that the sickness and the sickness and the sickness kicked in!!.:(

With my second i think even before i had missed a period i had cravings for Heinz tomato soup with bread and butter!... which was slightly obscure because!, we are talking 40 years ago here!, i had never in my life had butter on the bread when i had soup!... :o

Luckily there was no sickness with my second pregancy!.... BLISS..........:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mklass were the babies different sexes? just wondering because of the different sickness symptoms. :)
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    I knew when I reached twenty eight days and no sign of my period, I was as regular as clockwork every twenty four days. No sickness, no symptoms at all. The only discomfort that I had throughout my pregnancy was heartburn if I lay down flat. I think I must have been very lucky.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing at all, other than a missed period.

Take a test and then you'll know? There really is no other way to know for sure.

I am guessing you are trying to get pregnant as you started a thread about it a few months back?
  • Mumof5Mumof5 Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Number 1 - feeling dizzy, knew two days after I was due on I was pregnant

Numbers 2 and 3 - feeling dizzy, then very sick and tired from early on. And being much bigger guessed it was twins from about 7 weeks. I took a test before I had missed as period as I knew I was pregnant again.

Numbers 4 and 5 - feeling dizzy, but no sickness or tiredness. No idea it was twins again.

Take the test! Hope you get the result you want.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My boobs were so painful that I had to hold them to walk up the stairs and I haven't really even got any. Apart from that nothing specific, just a feeling. The sickness I had with nos 2 & 4 didn't kick in till well after I knew I was pregnant.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best of luck if so...our first is due in a month :)

My wife's first signs were the obvious...a lack of a period, followed by extreme sickness!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Feeling very 'off'

then morning sickness.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Kept getting cramping pains in the first couple of weeks after my period was due (did a test when I was two weeks late). Boobs felt tingly and I started feeling sick at about 7 weeks. With No 2 I noticed a copper taste in my mouth before my period was even late. I LOVED being pregnant and I'm feeling sad that I'll never go through it again - just hated the whole baby and toddler bit :o It's fine now they're 19 and 17 :D
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    AnitaS wrote: »
    I had a coppery taste in my mouth, like I'd been sucking pennies. And I couldn't tolerate coffee, even the smell made me feel sick.
    That was all before my period was late.
    O
    I hope you get the result you're hoping for - I'd get a test, I'm too impatient.

Pmsl when I read that first line "like id been sucking pennies" I had to look twice:o
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    My 1st symptoms were cramping like period pains, extreme tiredness, back ache, I didnt have any sickness with any of my 3 children, fingers crossed
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read every previous post, but has anybody mentioned a metallic taste in the mouth, a bit like the taste of blood?

That was my first symptom with both my pregnancies, as well as an aversion to coffee and a lack of appetite.

Edit; oh, just remembered something else ( it was a very long time ago! ); contracted pupils. My pupils were like little pinpricks in the first few weeks. I also remember telling a friend she may be pregnant before she actually found out because I'd noticed her tiny pupils.

p.s. Have you found out yet, OP?
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Aching back which at the time I put down to the fact I was camping. I went off food again I put this down to I am not a fan of BBQ food which mostly on offer while camping. DR Pepper tasted like metal. I was very mardy with the group of teenagers I was looking after that week which I thought was due to the lack of sleep with them all staying up late and singing in their tents. This was all before I knew I was late. When I was 2 days late I nearly passed out and felt sick, thats when I knew something was going on but I had to wait a couple more day before I could get my hands on a test.

Good luck and I hope you get the answer you want from the test. Also Good luck to all the others in this thread who have bumps on the way. I have 12 weeks left to wait EEKKKKKK!!
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    No 1. Felt really discombobulated, then exhausted. Then sick. Very sick.

This ^^ Felt utterly wretched and something just felt funny, can't explain it at all but I knew something was different. Also total loss of appetite, just didn't want to eat anything at all.

OP - hope your news is what you're wanting.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sickness, rock hard boobs & lower back pain.
  • LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do a pregnancy test.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found out I was expecting my first baby three weeks ago. Nearly seven weeks gone.
    I just woke up one morning and felt 'different'. Had an urge to do a pregnancy test even though I wasn't late; and for some reason I just knew it would come back positive.

Since then I've experienced.... Cramping and back ache, feeling very, very tired all of the time, tingly boobs and a weird taste in my mouth (as though I'd not brushed my teeth for a few days, makes all food taste vaguely unpleasant.) And hunger... I'm normally a '3 square meals a day' person, but now I'm eating smaller meals every two or three hours. It's so hard not to eat all the time, especially as that takes the edge off feeling sick.
    And mood swings. I get upset and frustrated so easily. I won't let myself watch anything vaguely upsetting because I know I'll start crying.

Now I feel permanently sick and have a slight headache. And I've gone right off garlic and onions. Even the smell makes me heave.

I think I've had just about every symptom listed in the books!
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eluf38 wrote: »
    Found out I was expecting my first baby three weeks ago. Nearly seven weeks gone.
    I just woke up one morning and felt 'different'. Had an urge to do a pregnancy test even though I wasn't late; and for some reason I just knew it would come back positive.

Since then I've experienced.... Cramping and back ache, feeling very, very tired all of the time, tingly boobs and a weird taste in my mouth (as though I'd not brushed my teeth for a few days, makes all food taste vaguely unpleasant.) And hunger... I'm normally a '3 square meals a day' person, but now I'm eating smaller meals every two or three hours. It's so hard not to eat all the time, especially as that takes the edge off feeling sick.
    And mood swings. I get upset and frustrated so easily. I won't let myself watch anything vaguely upsetting because I know I'll start crying.

Now I feel permanently sick and have a slight headache. And I've gone right off garlic and onions. Even the smell makes me heave.

I think I've had just about every symptom listed in the books!
    Conratulations, eluf! Take it easy, you!:D

I found mint tea and or ginger biscuits worked for nausea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conratulations, eluf! Take it easy, you!:D

I found mint tea and or ginger biscuits worked for nausea.

Thanks. Doesn't quite feel 'real' yet. Hard to believe that the reason I feel so worn-out is a little baby. :)
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eluf38 wrote: »
    Thanks. Doesn't quite feel 'real' yet. Hard to believe that the reason I feel so worn-out is a little baby. :)

Couldn't happen to a nicer DSer. x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was 8 days late but started bleeding this morning had done 5 or so tests all negative. Had headaches cold symptoms, pinching Pains in stomach and felt very tired - still do. I have been ttc since May so feeling very despondent now :(
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a nosebleed!! I'd never had them before, but with my first pregnancy I was like *oo-er* :). Also happened with my second one - both before I took the pregnancy test!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »
    I was 8 days late but started bleeding this morning had done 5 or so tests all negative. Had headaches cold symptoms, pinching Pains in stomach and felt very tired - still do. I have been ttc since May so feeling very despondent now :(

My first few tests were negative, now as we type my late period is tipping water all over my living room floor...

Please don't give up hope. Have you been to see the dr since ttc?

Also, if you haven't already I would recommened buying HCG tests in bulk on ebay. They're cheap as chips and save you a kings ransom x
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    My first, who's now 31 - I remember it was about February, morning when I was about to make breakfast/brunch - hubby was talking to the neighbours in the back garden - then I cracked an egg in the frying pan!:o Goodness, it was really out if the blue and I rushed outside wanting to be sick. My eldest son was the result. I went off coffee too but wanted cold oranges and crisps!

My second - back ache, missed periods but even a day was unusual for me; I took a sample, which you did then to the chemist who said it was negative, I knew it wasn't as I had a metallic taste in my mouth too and craved cheese & cabbage?:confused: - hence my daughter. I did have spotting at about 3 months that scared me but - she's here!

My third, which I wanted happened too soon as there's only 13 months between them - started with the metallic taste in my mouth & lower back ache again - as a veggie I craved cockles? I only ate one sitting on the back entrance steps of M&S - cockles?!:confused::o

Fortunately, in one sense my youngest son was so naughty he put me off the fourth I wanted! He was a nightmare sleeping then went on to wet the bed for years - we didn't have pull ups then - I used to buy the largest and extend them with tape! Desperate or what - he didn't care in the least!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't happen to a nicer DSer. x

:)
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »

In November I was 6 days late and got my hopes up. January rolls around and I got lucky. Like you I started trying last spring (April) and it took 8 months - it didn't happen overnight! I know how frustrating it is, but remember that 90% of couples conceive within two years so you have nothing to worry about for a while yet.