Options

Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The road on DVD this evening. Cried when I saw it at the cinema and cried again tonight.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen GRAVITY was an OK film give it 6 out of 10 and all the satellites started falling to earth with other stuff.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At Middleton [2013]

8/10

Bittersweet romantic fare, with a lot more to say than usual!

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

Great performances from Vera Farmiga & Andy Garcia.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dream And Silence (Sueno y silencio) (2012) 8/10
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girl Most Likely [2012]

6/10
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mother of Tears

A massive pile of steaming arsecheese. A waste of an otherwise decent trilogy.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cloud Atlas 7/10

Not easy to follow (but I suspect that was part of the idea) and I certainly wouldn't have been able to have follow it without the help of subtitles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug

Truly wonderful movie. Very visually stunning, great script, great acting. The dragon (Smaug) at the end was fantastically done, and actually the whole film kept me gripped from start to finish. I've never actually read The Hobbit, but this makes me want to read it. Unlike the first LOTR movie where I fell asleep half way through!

I would thoroughly recommend this movie to anyone who likes fantasy movies, or anyone who wants to get engrossed in a decent story for a few hours. I don't even think you have to watch the first Hobbit movie either, it pretty much explains itself.
  • Options
    dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elles 7.5/10
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosaliee wrote: »
    The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug

Truly wonderful movie. Very visually stunning, great script, great acting. The dragon (Smaug) at the end was fantastically done, and actually the whole film kept me gripped from start to finish. I've never actually read The Hobbit, but this makes me want to read it. Unlike the first LOTR movie where I fell asleep half way through!

I would thoroughly recommend this movie to anyone who likes fantasy movies, or anyone who wants to get engrossed in a decent story for a few hours. I don't even think you have to watch the first Hobbit movie either, it pretty much explains itself.

The advantage that youngsters (aged ten and upwards) have today is that they have the luxury of seeing The Hobbit, before The Lord Of The Rings.
  • Options
    jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Kickass - never fancied watching it before but watched last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, even if watching a little girl get beaten up was a bit weird.:o
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    Doctor Zhivago (1965) - 6.5/10
  • Options
    Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4-3-2-1

Girl crime caper... and a not very good one at that
    4/10
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Shining, one of my favourite horror films.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marriage of Convenience [1960]. Director: Clive Donner

5/10

A smart-looking Harry H. Corbett as the cop in this Edgar Wallace mystery support feature.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nebraska (2013) 9/10
    Polisse (2011) 8/10
  • Options
    IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mortal Instruments

6.5/10
  • Options
    dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Boston Strangler - 7/10
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quiz Show (1994) - 8/10

When I mentioned this film in another thread, I realised I never seen it, even though I was given a DVD as a present years ago. Turned out to be a very decent film. Great performances, compelling story and a surprisingly confident effort from director Robert Redford. Great cast, too. Paul Scofield's wonderful performance made me mourn his passing all over again. (The weirdest sighting: Ethan Hawke, who makes a five-second cameo. What's up with that?) Negatives: Rob Morrow's weird eyebrows and accent, and Ralph Fiennes's occasionally irritating Hugh Grant impression.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    jammoon1 wrote: »
    Kickass - never fancied watching it before but watched last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, even if watching a little girl get beaten up was a bit weird.:o

It doesn't really get going until she shows up but the film's hilariously disturbing on a number of levels.:blush:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Oblivion - I'd say Olga is one of the most beautiful women in the world but I must admit that I enjoyed ogling Andrea Risebrough.
  • Options
    IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lincoln

6/10
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Prisoners - As much as I liked the movie I hate that type of ending.

7/10. Would have 8 if not for the above :)
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urge to Kill [1960]. Director Vernon Sewell

5/10

British crime drama has Christopher Trace, one of the original Blue Peter presenters, as an investigating cop. I think he made the right career move to become a children's TV presenter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Actors Revenge (Yukinojo henge) (1963) 7/10
This discussion has been closed.