The Walking Dead - Season 4 (UK Pace)

Comments

• CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    I dont get how Michonnes disguise works. She had 2 zombies on leashes but is still a live person walking around with a bunch of walkers. So what, if she let go of the ropes they would suddenly smell her? Surely it would only work like it did in season 1, by wearing zombie flesh.

Other than that, marvellous episode, back on form!

I can see it working when she's some distance away from other Walkers as they would only smell her tame ones but the idea that it works when she is walking in the middle of a large crowd and is nearer "wild" Zombies than her tame ones is a bit far fetched.
  • TishtoshtessTishtoshtess Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was great to see a bit more of Carl. As hes grown up hes got less annoying and I assume that was part of the plan. Since when was Chandler Riggs such a good actor? I thought he was superb last night.

Michonne - I'm glad we have finally got to learn a little bit more about her. There have been little hints for ages so it was nice to have the child thing confirmed. Although, I think I missed the relevance of when she had a breakdown over the zombie that looked like her. Was it just because of that? Or did she know her?

I want to know where Carol is, more than I care about what happened to Judith!
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I took her breakdown to be because she'd got used to being with other people again and she was lonely. She wanted a human response from anyone and that's why she killed all the zombies.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was great to see a bit more of Carl. As hes grown up hes got less annoying and I assume that was part of the plan. Since when was Chandler Riggs such a good actor? I thought he was superb last night.

Michonne - I'm glad we have finally got to learn a little bit more about her. There have been little hints for ages so it was nice to have the child thing confirmed. Although, I think I missed the relevance of when she had a breakdown over the zombie that looked like her. Was it just because of that? Or did she know her?

My take on it was that the zombie that looked like her reminded her that it could be her, any time she could suffer this fate worse than death.

Also, she seems to enjoy slicing walkers heads off, so there's that :D
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    I dont get how Michonnes disguise works. She had 2 zombies on leashes but is still a live person walking around with a bunch of walkers. So what, if she let go of the ropes they would suddenly smell her? Surely it would only work like it did in season 1, by wearing zombie flesh.

if she was covered in zombie gunge/ blood it might work but she wasnt ..so thats my only gripe as well....
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    governor is dead...result !!!!

...yep - no chance of a comeback now!!! Personally, I thought that later on in the episode when Michonne was walking around the prison and came across Hershall's zombie head and promptly stabbed it to finish it off, thought she would have gone over to the Governor's body (which strangely had not zombified yet?) to plunge her samurai sword into his head too - just to be 200% he was indeed dead?!
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    now the prison isnt dominating its miles better..

..agreed - the prison was getting a little tiresome!!

I also liked one of the very first scenes tonight - the overhead shot of all the walkers all over that tank. It looked just like the scene from Season 1 when Rick (I think it was him?!) was trapped inside a tank with walkers crawling all over it......
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    thought she would have gone over to the Governor's body (which strangely had not zombified yet?) to plunge her samurai sword into his head too - just to be 200% he was indeed dead?!
    He'd been shot in the head though.

I also liked one of the very first scenes tonight - the overhead shot of all the walkers all over that tank. It looked just like the scene from Season 1 when Rick (I think it was him?!) was trapped inside a tank with walkers crawling all over it......
    A tank and the dead horse! For a second there I thought we were getting a flashback to the first ever episode.

And I echo the sentiments about Chandler Riggs acting, he was on form last night, full on teenage angst with an apocalyptic twist.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the whole Michonne nightmare thing was meant to be confusing if it was pre apocalypse why did she have the sword skills and why were they valued , also the guys in the Dream sequence are they her original pet walkers , if so something awful happened that they may have only hinted at so far .Her freakout at the woman walker was interesting too . I did find Carl's behaviour totally believable apart from the slightly lame "Ok, i've been bad , just eat me " bit at the end .
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member

I thought she explained it when we first met her and she had two walkers on leads, I can't remember now what she said but there was definitely some discussion about it.

Really enjoyed finding out more about her this episode, I'm sure it'll all become clearer as the season continues, as someone else said I'm disappointed they didn't have a meeting point arranged in case of events such as this, if they kill Maggie or Glenn off I'm going to be really peed off, bring on next week!
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took me a couple of rewinds to spot the time differences in the dream sequence - it was pre, during and post apocalypse. The guys' clothes change.
    They start off talking about some museum exhibition, then the knife changes to a katana and they start talking about a camp - that's when they mention her sword skills.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    now they have split up they are having their own stories of how they cope..like to see carol and daryl featured next..in big groups many of the characters never feature and became bit parts in the prison but glad its back
  • WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was brilliant. It was quite sad to see him walk through the bedroom with the big flat screen and piles of computer games - and then try and live the adolescence he's missed out on by going outside to play 'shoot em up' in amongst the zombies like it was just one of those games. He's had to grow up fast but is still just a kid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she explained it when we first met her and she had two walkers on leads, I can't remember now what she said but there was definitely some discussion about it.

Really enjoyed finding out more about her this episode, I'm sure it'll all become clearer as the season continues, as someone else said I'm disappointed they didn't have a meeting point arranged in case of events such as this, if they kill Maggie or Glenn off I'm going to be really peed off, bring on next week!

Milton said that if you take a walker's Jaw off it eventually takes away their need to feed , he clearly was stating that happened over time , not immediately like it was shown
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was brilliant. It was quite sad to see him walk through the bedroom with the big flat screen and piles of computer games - and then try and live the adolescence he's missed out on by going outside to play 'shoot em up' in amongst the zombies like it was just one of those games. He's had to grow up fast but is still just a kid.
    I was shocked at how useless he was at defending himself when out and about by himself , just a solitary gun and no other weapons and overly clumsy too .
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Can I just ask -

you know when Carl was out and about by himself and then he met that big zombie in the upstairs hallway of that house, well, when he fell over onto his back, I'm sure he fired his final gunshot into the zombies head, but then the zombie wasn't dead and kept coming after him - or am I mistaken?!
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Walking Dead is so much better when the characters are out and about rather than being in one area (the farm and prison). Feels much more unpredictable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    Can I just ask -

you know when Carl was out and about by himself and then he met that big zombie in the upstairs hallway of that house, well, when he fell over onto his back, I'm sure he fired his final gunshot into the zombies head, but then the zombie wasn't dead and kept coming after him - or am I mistaken?!

I think he hit him in the side of the head so it was more like a flesh wound .
  • WeeJintyMcGintyWeeJintyMcGinty Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    I was shocked at how useless he was at defending himself when out and about by himself , just a solitary gun and no other weapons and overly clumsy too .

Yeah but that was kinda the whole point of the episode really - he wasn't actually in one of the escapist computer games he saw in that house, for him it was real life.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So........I guess I'm the only one who thought last night's episode was a bit tame !

Most of it was people checking out rooms and that bit with Rick lying on the couch went on for too long

It reminnded me of that episode with the Governor in the house with that family he hooked up with......I thought that was a bit boring as well

And I'm really not keen on flashbacks and dream sequences.....the first couple of series of Lost put me off them for life

I was expecting an episode where we flitted from group to group of the survivors to 'catch up' with what happened to them after the prison .........

Still.....even a tame TWD is better than 99% of anything else that's on !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but that was kinda the whole point of the episode really - he wasn't actually in one of the escapist computer games he saw in that house, for him it was real life.

I know they've been living in the prison for a while but I kind of thought he'd be a bit more streetwise and careful especially given his role in the prison group .
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    So........I guess I'm the only one who thought last night's episode was a bit tame !

Most of it was people checking out rooms and that bit with Rick lying on the couch went on for too long

It reminnded me of that episode with the Governor in the house with that family he hooked up with......I thought that was a bit boring as well

And I'm really not keen on flashbacks and dream sequences.....the first couple of series of Lost put me off them for life

I was expecting an episode where we flitted from group to group of the survivors to 'catch up' with what happened to them after the prison .........

Still.....even a tame TWD is better than 99% of anything else that's on !

well the cast is very large atm - what theres:

Rick
    Carl
    Carol
    Glenn
    Daryl

Beth
    Maggie

Michonne
    Tyreese
    Sasha

Lizzie
    Mika
    Bob
    Tara (unsure if Lilly is going to reappear atm)

and then, we're also getting:

Abraham
    Rosita
    Eugene

So that's 17 characters. Can hardly fit all of them into one episode, so I think it's better to have them split when we're trying to cover a lot of story, otherwise it would feel really rushed and incoherent.

I know that next episode, the other character (not Rick, Michonne and Carl) are all meant to be appearing
    even Carol
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »

So that's 17 characters. Can hardly fit all of them into one episode, so I think it's better to have them split when we're trying to cover a lot of story, otherwise it would feel really rushed and incoherent.

I know that next episode, the other character (not Rick, Michonne and Carl) are all meant to be appearing
    even Carol

The other survivors from the prison were divided into 4 groups

Daryl/Beth

Tyreese/the kids

Maggie/Sasha/Bob

Glenn/the other un-named survivors on the bus

It would hardly be fair if Rick, Michonne and Carl had a episode all to themselves but all these other characters had to share an episode between them and also share it with Abraham, Eugene and Rosita
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Buzzing that this is back.

Good episode tonight. It was good to get a more in depth look at Carl's character.

And I'm really liking Michonne. Really hope she doesn't get killed off at any point.

And Herschel's zombie head....:(
    I bet it was in his contract: if I die, I want/have to be a Zombie.:cool:

So was it just me who jumped out of their skin when Carl opened that door, and a Zombie jumped out.:o:o:o

Great return of S4 of TWD....but an emotional wreck at the end, when Michonne, sword ready, sees Carl & Rick through the window - the relief when she puts it back.

Loved the knock on the Door too - Zombies don't do it like that.:D
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    I think the whole Michonne nightmare thing was meant to be confusing if it was pre apocalypse why did she have the sword skills and why were they valued , also the guys in the Dream sequence are they her original pet walkers , if so something awful happened that they may have only hinted at so far .Her freakout at the woman walker was interesting too . I did find Carl's behaviour totally believable apart from the slightly lame "Ok, i've been bad , just eat me " bit at the end .

I thought the scene was post-apocalypse but not long after the start, I could easily be wrong though. She obviously had the sword skills pre-apocalypse as some people do, martial arts may have been her hobby.

I also thought the two guys were her pet walkers as she was supposed to have an attachment to them. Maybe someone with who has access to old episodes could confirm or refute this?
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The other survivors from the prison were divided into 4 groups

Daryl/Beth

Tyreese/the kids

Maggie/Sasha/Bob

Glenn/the other un-named survivors on the bus

It would hardly be fair if Rick, Michonne and Carl had a episode all to themselves but all these other characters had to share an episode between them and also share it with Abraham, Eugene and Rosita

I know that they're split into groups, I divided my characters on the seasons they were introduced. Besides, apparently there's more separating amongst them, as
    Beth and Daryl split up, and purportedly Maggie leaves Bob and Sasha

Anyway, albeit an ensemble cast, characters like Rick, Shane, Lori, Andrea, Daryl and Michonne have always been at the forefront. So it seems pretty reasonable to me. All's I know is that those four groups appear in episode 10
    with Tara, and also Carol, with Rosita, Eugene and Abraham also meant to be making an appearance this episode.

I think they'll all get about 11 minutes each.