Outnumbered new series - starts Friday 2nd September BBC1 9pm

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loved tonight's episode. Jake was especially good.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,777
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Loved tonight's episode. Jake was especially good.

Agreed, explaining Alex's "lost" phone & keys:D

Much better than Series 4 so far
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    I saw a clip of this the other day and was so surprised at how awful it was. For a clip promoting the show, it wasn't funny, at all. This is a show I used to laugh at throughout, or at least be wryly amused. Not one single laugh. And afterwards I wondered why they hadn't bothered showing a clip that had all the kids in it - they had, but I hadn't recognised Karen *at all*.

So I looked for an episode online and couldn't take the whole thing, it was so tragically wooden and forced. I think the show was only really amusing when the kids were younger and they were all firing on all cylinders. Now it's just boring.

And the kid with the big hair, is it possible to become a worse actor the more you do it? Well, he's achieved that.

So, with the same actors, writers and production staff, you think this critically acclaimed show has turned 180 degrees from funny to unfunny ?

Would that not be a first in sit-com history, or just your unique perception ?
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    Very good again.Really loving this series.

It shows how the series can develop as the children grow up.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was very funny tonight.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant :D

Agree
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Best episode so far tonight! :)
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake is morphing into Russell from butterflies
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Stacey was pretty.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better episode than last week.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm hanging on in there but it's still not doing it for me.

Surely any girl with even an ounce of sense wouldn't be wandering round the house in a towel where there are young men. She shouldn't have to be told to cover up. And announcing to her godfather that her boobs have grown. Honestly!

Too contrived for me. But like I've said before, I want to see it through to the end. But my hopes aren't high.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What exactly was Jake "Oh my God"-ing about at the end?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the first couple of series, what this show had going for it...what it's USP was was that it was basically Kids Say the Funniest Things:The Sitcom....and from those early days you knew there was a limited shelf life to the gimmick and the show's charm and appeal....so inevitably, 7 years and 5 series on we're left with - *this*.

Still beats Mrs Brown's Boys any day of the week, at least.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    surfking wrote: »
    What exactly was Jake "Oh my God"-ing about at the end?
    I think he was getting hassle from his girlfriend(s) - Alex because of Thingy, and Thingy because of his fling with Alex. That's why he wanted to tell Ben to stay away from girls as long as possible - because they are too awkward to deal with.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I really liked this week's episode. Ben feeling awkward and fancying Stacey reminded me of series 3 episode 6 when Jake was feeling awkward about Kelly babysitting while the parents were visiting Karen in hospital. And all three child actors are as excellent as ever.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,505
    Forum Member
    Yes, tonight was a good one, there was much more happening and what happened was more believeable. It does seem though that the boys are now the stronger characters of the three children, I still think they could have done better with Karen's character this time around. Perhaps her turn will come, I hope so. And that they drop the hamster scenes!
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,777
    Forum Member
    Saigo wrote: »
    Stacey was pretty.

Indeed and Ben's face was priceless when he first caught glimpse of her wrapped just in the towel

It was like you could see that was was the first time he's ever noticed a girl and there'll be no going back.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, it's 4 in the morning, I haven't slept properly for weeks......you just have to locate that muscle memory.
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Ben this series. He was my least favourite of the children in the earlier series but I find him far more likeable as an awkward teen and the actor plays the part very well. His expressions were priceless as he was trying to engage Stacey in a conversation about particle physics.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen is really disappointing in this series. I still like Ben and Jake but Karen's character has gone astray. I thought she was supposed to be a clever girl? Now she is surly and rather ordinary. I don't find her funny at all.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ben falling over the sofa when he tried to get past the pretty girl was great.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Karen is really disappointing in this series. I still like Ben and Jake but Karen's character has gone astray. I thought she was supposed to be a clever girl? Now she is surly and rather ordinary. I don't find her funny at all.

I agree. I'm not sure if it's due to the actress playing Karen not being that good. Jake is totally believable and I just love Ben :)
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I agree. Karen's character isn't really working this series. I thought the girl who plays her seemed a bit unsure of herself in last night's episode as well. She's gone from being the strongest character in the programme to being the weakest one.
    Otherwise, it was quite a good episode although it will never get back to it's former brilliance.
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I empathise with the Dad stomping and muttering round the house turning off lights.

It only takes a second.
  • Inseriousity.Inseriousity. Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I empathise with the Dad stomping and muttering round the house turning off lights.

It only takes a second.

haha yes that's my dad. They forgot the line "We're not the Blackpool Illuminations!"

I'm still enjoying it :D