1 mth film offer

Robin ArmitageRobin Armitage Posts: 487
Forum Member
"1 month free trial of Sky Movies offer: After trial, 31 days notice required to cancel. Trial ends immediately on cancellation. Should you wish to cancel your Sky Movies subscription, we advise cancelling before your billing date to avoid being charged for an additional month. Should you cancel after your billing date and are charged for the following month, Sky will refund you on your next bill. One free trial per household. Offer ends 24 April 2014"

My Billing Date is 22 nd feb so presumably I should cancel this 21 Mar. Also any Films I record will they stay in planner after that date?

Comments

• davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Billing Date is 22 nd feb so presumably I should cancel this 21 Mar. Also any Films I record will they stay in planner after that date?

The recordings will remain in your planner indefinitely but will only be viewable when you have an active subscription to those channels - they would be viewable if you cancelled and resubscribed at a later date. Your subscription only entitles you to view live or "time shifted" it does not entitle you to make "archive recordings" for viewing after cancellation. This also means that when you have an active Sky+ sub you can make recordings of a channel you do not subscribe to and then later sub to the channel and view those recordings - many people use this method to build up a "library" for Xmas or holiday viewing.
  • ClatterClatter Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Only thing that would concern me is that if you currently get the F1 channel via your HD subscription taking this offer, and then dropping it, could be taken as a change in contract and loss of the channel unless you take SS.

Don't know anyone personally that this has happened to, but reading threads here, and on other sites, there are quite a few who say they have had this problem.