who is winning the next gen console war on D-SPY

orzieorzie Posts: 312
Forum Member
I was just wondering which is the most popular next-gen console on this forum.

what is your next-gen console of choice? 108 votes

Xbox One
17% 19 votes
Playstation 4
60% 65 votes
Other
22% 24 votes

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easiest way to find out would be to add a poll if you still can.

EDIT - Ah, and there it is.
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny, I could have sworn Nintendo's console was called the Wii U. Then again, I guess the Nintendo Other would be a better name...
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    Funny, I could have sworn Nintendo's console was called the Wii U. Then again, I guess the Nintendo Other would be a better name...

I guess the console would need to be relevant to in the poll. As it is the Wii U isn't, at least to my gaming circle and I guess many others too.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wii U as other :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I class Wii U as being the same gen as PS4 and Xbox One.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I class Wii U as being the same gen as PS4 and Xbox One.

Same here! The Wii was #lastgen alongside the XB360 & PS3! :)

(Voted for WiiU (Other) as it's got the better games ATM! such as DonkeyKong, Mario3D etc)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who is winning the next gen console war on D-SPY?

Everyone who has a next gen console and is enjoying it would be my answer

I have a PS4 and while its technically superior that doesn't mean i'm having more fun on it than someone with an X1, as long as you are enjoying owning it then surely you are 'winning' aren't you
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Provocative wording in the title, it's basically asking which console did you opt for, that would be more friendly way of asking the same question. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Provocative wording in the title, it's basically asking which console did you opt for, that would be more friendly way of asking the same question. :D

Indeed. It's definitely not a war and I'm pleased that there's MUCH less petty childish arguing as to which is best, which pwns which, yawn ad nauseum....well, on DS at least.

I'm winning the war, I suppose, as I haven't opted for any of them. I'm still trying to finish/open the games I have for my X360...so I've just cracked open COD: MW3 and have Halo 3 & 4, GoW 2, Lego Star Wars and some other games to open first. May even consider buying some of the best rated X360 titles at discounted prices before considering entering "the war"...
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    War is hell gentlemen :D
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

I took the title as "which set of fanboys are providing the best insults to the other side and hyping their console up?"

In answer to your interpretation, I opted for a ps4 but in answer to my interpretation, I think the Xbox fanboys and fangirls ( cuz I'm PC and all that) are doing the best job on DS. PS4 fanboys just refer to the specifications in their insults. Because the Xbox has less power the fanboys on that side are been more creative in their troll attempts.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    War. War never changes.

Even on DS. And that's why I play both sides against the middle so I get the best of both before end comes. So I chose 'other' as there's no option for both.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    None of them as they are not next-gen any more. Also who cares so long as you are having fun playing with you console / consoles of choice.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wii U.

Its gaming library is far better than the competition. (Of course, this is slightly unfair because its been out longer, but the poll is unfair anyway.)
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Most popular on Digitalspy? Probably the ps4 looking at amount of posts by people that own one.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have both Xbox One and Wii U.

Xbox One - It's the console which fits best into my life. It's genuinely changed the way I spend my time in my living room. Voice commands are amazing and extremely accurate (for me, blah blah), Kinect is great, the controller is amazingly comfortable (I had a PS3 last gen, and found the controller extremely uncomfortable to the point I couldn't have sessions longer than 20 mins without getting cramp - PS4 controller didn't really fix that for me). I also genuinely believe that it's a step in the right direction of what consoles should be.

Wii U: Nintendo exclusives, of course! Mario, Zelda, MK, Smash Bros etc etc! Also a fan of the GamePad.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    other seems to be doing better than poor old xbone

as to who is "winning" it seems to be the PS4..but the Wii U probably has the best games..
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer new gen or current gen but its hardly a war. They are all pretty good by all accounts. I simply prefer the ps4. Its just a work horse, was cheaper but by popular opinion marginally more Powerful. The controller is brilliant with the in built speaker. Whereas I don't understand the thumbsticks on a xb, as my own hands are mirror images of one another so my thumbs are in the same place either side, not one higher than the other. Then there was ps plus which you could if you wanted live off entirely and not buy another game if you wanted to.
    Ms has some interesting games though and wii u had the old favs. I don't think anyone is a loser really.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's only one way to find out....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT :D
  • johnny_boi_UKjohnny_boi_UK Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Most popular on Digitalspy? Probably the ps4 looking at amount of posts by people that own one.

I haven't met one person that owns a Xbox one.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I haven't met one person that owns a Xbox one.

Hello, let me introduce myself. My name is He4rt and i own a Xbox one.:)

lol, sounds like an opening speech at an AA meeting.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's high time this was turned into an actual game. Imagine world of tanks, where PS4 owners would face off against XB1 owners in a limited PSN/XBox Live link-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asmo wrote: »
    It's high time this was turned into an actual game. Imagine world of tanks, where PS4 owners would face off against XB1 owners in a limited PSN/XBox Live link-up.

Awesome idea..... Except MS wouldn't allow it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A: Whose winning?
    B: Microsoft.
    A: Why?
    B: Cos' I bought an Xbox One.

A: Whose winning?
    B: Sony.
    A: Why?
    B: Cos' I bought a PS4.

Sounds legit.