Options

Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Turisas are always brilliant live. :)

This was the first time I'd seen them. I hope it won't be the last. Are you seeing them this time round?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently today is supposed to be Ragnarok. Which is a good enough excuse to post this :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptQW_Yhg9Jg
  • Options
    JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something for a Satuday evening - an 'emerging' band that I rather like, go by the name of Living Dead Lights. This is the single release (most commercial track) from their recently released first album 'Black Letters'.

Interested in any feedback....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEk9w82qCpY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    Something for a Satuday evening - an 'emerging' band that I rather like, go by the name of Living Dead Lights. This is the single release (most commercial track) from their recently released first album 'Black Letters'.

Interested in any feedback....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEk9w82qCpY

Competent but overhyped teen band, with some big names behind them. They'll probably be huge.

I'm not their target market though.
  • Options
    Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not their target market either. That was ****ing awful
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    This was the first time I'd seen them. I hope it won't be the last. Are you seeing them this time round?

Sadly they aren't playing anywhere near us this time around. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sadly they aren't playing anywhere near us this time around. :(

This tour is only going to places that were missed out last autumn.

I forgot to wear earplugs & my hearing's still f*cked. I guess that means it was a good gig :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not their target market either. That was ****ing awful

Each to their own, eh ;-). Thanks for the honesty :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Competent but overhyped teen band, with some big names behind them. They'll probably be huge.

I'm not their target market though.

I'm not their target audience either being 59..... :blush:

Hope you're right about them being huge though, I'll be able to make a fortune on eBay :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not their target audience either being 59..... :blush:

Hope you're right about them being huge though, I'll be able to make a fortune on eBay :)

Are you involved with them in some way?
  • Options
    Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you involved with them in some way?

Didn't think of that. :blush: I hope she's not a band members mum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think of that. :blush: I hope she's not a band members mum.

One of them is a relative but I'm not his Mum!! And don't worry - we all like difference sh!t and I'm not over the moon with the way they're being toned down a bit to be more commercially acceptable. :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of them is a relative but I'm not his Mum!! And don't worry - we all like difference sh!t and I'm not over the moon with the way they're being toned down a bit to be more commercially acceptable. :):)

Just 1D with guitars then? Sorry but I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to these things. Either stay true to what you want to do & do it the hard way or be a commercial puppet. Fair enough but if you're a puppet, don't expect to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Christian Metal Singer Tim Lambesis Pleads Guilty in Murder for Hire
    The singer of the Grammy-nominated Christian metal band "As I Lay Dying" admits to his role in a murder for hire plot
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Christian-Metal-Singer-Tim-Lambesis-Guilty-Murder-for-Hire-San-Diego-247112481.html
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christian Metal Singer Tim Lambesis Pleads Guilty in Murder for Hire
    The singer of the Grammy-nominated Christian metal band "As I Lay Dying" admits to his role in a murder for hire plot
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Christian-Metal-Singer-Tim-Lambesis-Guilty-Murder-for-Hire-San-Diego-247112481.html

I'd forgotten all about this. Crazy stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just 1D with guitars then? Sorry but I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to these things. Either stay true to what you want to do & do it the hard way or be a commercial puppet. Fair enough but if you're a puppet, don't expect to be taken seriously.

Ouch! Not quite that bad :o

They've been together about 6 years and have now been signed by Goldstein and just got the first album out - having seen them live a couple of years ago and having their earlier privately released stuff I just feel that the edges have been rounded off....
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somehow I got recommended on Spotify some sort of thrash metal band called Municipal Waste. Great visuals on the album covers but otherwise these guys are so retro and so dull.

What I notice is that the guitars are clearer in the mix, so this is like well-produced thrash or in this case, trash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    Somehow I got recommended on Spotify some sort of thrash metal band called Municipal Waste. Great visuals on the album covers but otherwise these guys are so retro and so dull.

What I notice is that the guitars are clearer in the mix, so this is like well-produced thrash or in this case, trash.

Apparently they're a lot of fun live. IIRC, more than 60 crowd surfers went over the barrier during their set at Bloodstock last year, including a guy in a wheelchair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y274f5Oo1go

But yeah, not my thing either.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently they're a lot of fun live. IIRC, more than 60 crowd surfers went over the barrier during their set at Bloodstock last year, including a guy in a wheelchair.

Not my thing either, but some friends of mine are big fans and say they are brilliant live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Sonata Arctica have posted the lyrics video for their next single Cloud Factory.

Sonata Arctica - Cloud Factory

This one is really different to the first single, I love that they still manage to surprise me after 8 albums!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member

60? it was over 400 in one song they said :D I was there, they were brilliant.
    You can see the sheer number of people that did it in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hBU8j-VYa8
    It was a world record!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Throsh wrote: »
    60? it was over 400 in one song they said :D I was there, they were brilliant.
    You can see the sheer number of people that did it in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hBU8j-VYa8
    It was a world record!

I don't know where i got the number 60 from tbh. It's just in my head somehow. I was at Bloodstock too last year but only on the Saturday. I'm sorry but that music sounds f'kn awful to me. Were MW on the friday or sunday. I can't remember.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sonata Arctica have posted the lyrics video for their next single Cloud Factory.

Sonata Arctica - Cloud Factory

This one is really different to the first single, I love that they still manage to surprise me after 8 albums!

Love this but I think I prefer The Wolves Die Young. The album's shaping up nicely though :)
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Classic Albums On Demand - Black Sabbath Paranoid - Great!

Lazy Sunday
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »

My old band supported them in Leeds and they were excellent. Agreed about their recordings, everything is very clear and precise. Not a fan of that. I like it a bit more raw sounding.