The Restaurant Man -BBC2

Comments

• guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey where have all those people been hiding?
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God that village must be short of entertainment.
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Seems strange that they can't find a cook. Maybe their wages are too low.

Always the same old story: All employers want highly qualified people for minimum wages.

Trouble is they get them as they are forced into it by the job centre but that just makes for an unhappy employee who leaves at the first opportunity.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Yes I think that's right, but I don't need to make 48 at a time as they would fit in my freezer! :D

I'd scale it down to approx 200mls cream to three eggs (two eggs plus one yolk).

Do a test run and tweak it from there.
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »
    Or you could do the right thing, make them and send them to us :D

SELL! The word your were looking for was SELL them to you! :p:D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of the doddery old dear on coffees she's messing everything up
    Forum Member
    First day is always a novelty, it'll be interesting to see if they will continue to come.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    First day is always a novelty, it'll be interesting to see if they will continue to come.

From the comments on FB it seems to be a big success
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I'd scale it down to approx 200mls cream to three eggs (two eggs plus one yolk).

I will try that thanks:)
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member

I'm surprised she got through training. :D
    Forum Member
    From the comments on FB it seems to be a big success

Pleased for them.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're naturals when it comes to customer interaction. They could never have predicted that sort of turn out on day one and I think they did well. Looks very promising for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their breakfasts get rave reviews on TA.
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how mortifying for the drinks lady. She'll be sobbing herself to sleep tonight :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hicken wrote: »
    how mortifying for the drinks lady. She'll be sobbing herself to sleep tonight :(

lol :D Into her cocoa
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They saved the best till last then. Really happy for them.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Good to see a restaurant success at last. Shame that's the end, good series.
    Forum Member

Then make a small meringue with the extra egg white and you have your afters done as well.
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blimey now it's a jolly to Paris
    Be careful what you wish for; think about an Eastern Siberia themed restaurant, and you'll be jetting off to Vladivostock :o
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted to see a triumph tonight and wasn’t disappointed. Those quiches looked yummy. Tonight was an antidote to the exasperating restaurateurs so well done the girls for sucking up ever bit of expertise offered. :)

The Restaurant Man‘s been appealing but it’s not been any kind of inducement for opening a restaurant. If Russell‘s not at risk of being put on the spit and roasted by a headstrong ’restaurateur’ I‘d like to watch another series.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to try the recipe and use the amount suggested by dome :)

I thought one of the sisters had dirty fingernails which put me off :o
  • VadmunVadmun Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »
    Good to see a restaurant success at last. Shame that's the end, good series.

The Southampton Burger restaurant in Episode 1 is a massive success, even bigger than this one.

I suppose they bookended, the moderate to fails with two successes.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a nasty post, she was helping for free, and of course your never going to get old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet the Delicious in Coventry (or whatever they called themselves) from last week wished they had had the takings these girls had on the first day, and by all accounts continue to have. It shows what a bit of proper organisation can do. See what happened when the girls got flustered and things went hay-wired. Fortunately they sorted themselves out by listening to advice.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The big advantage the sisters this week had was that they had no rent to find each month for the venue. That and they had actually done some costings before Russel turned up and then followed his advice even when it meant putting themselves out of their comfort zone.
    Did the sister whose house it was have a partner? I know there was a partner helping in the kitchen but it wasn't clear whose he was. Just seemed odd that there was all that chaos in the house but we saw more of the cat than the kids dad.
    I was dubious that they would ever get any custom at first - looks like for once "Build it, and they will come" actually came true:)