LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 28)

Comments

• Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SA came out with a blinder this morning.... he wished he was Welsh Irish or Scottish as we English have no culture. The man is a liability.

No culture?
    How about Morris dancing, cheese rolling, pancake tossing and jellied eels? :D
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Ah, Steve Allen. The gift that keeps on giving.

Not surprising since he himself says he prefers to give than receive.;-)

I heard that Nihonga.

:o
    /|\
  • Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only one minute required today for O'Brain to start slagging off UKIP. Only one minute thirty seconds required for me to turn him off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buggers won't put me on air! So unfair!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Only one minute required today for O'Brain to start slagging off UKIP. Only one minute thirty seconds required for me to turn him off.

Racist homophobic UKIP people are so nice aren't they?
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    He'll have to be Scottish or Irish then, as we Welsh don't want him!

How on earth could he wish to be just like Charlotte Church?

Speak for yourself, I'm half Welsh. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grr! >:(>:(>:(
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member

If UKIP want to play with the 'big boys', then they need to expect this.
    Not everyone has joined the Farage Fan Club.
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor old Brian is saying that he isn't being pompous. That must be a first.

He aslo told us the age old story of Mrs Brian being surprised that they weren't stopped by police as often when in the car together as she was when she was with her previous boyfriend who happened to be mixrd race. Why does he recall the same dreary stories over and over again?

Surely now Brian will do himself and everyone else a favour and try and gain some new live experiences. He is constantly talking about events of nearly 30 years ago at school and the same dull as ditchwater recollections of the past.

Sitting in that studio reading the Express and Mail and getting annoyed about IDS and UKIP is making him a very pompous and sheltered individual. He should get out in the real world once in a while and leave the safety of his self-imagined "Liberal elite" Chiswick based bubble.

This is dreadful, dreadful radio.
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew Castle will be talking about Putin and Ukraine at the weekend. I can personally guarantee that there isn't one person on the planet who is interested in what Andrew 'Paint Dry' Castle has to say on this or any other issue. Just because he plays tennis with Camerson doesn't mean he has any more idea than a tennis racket. He is a complete airhead and his show is one of the most boring on LBC (and there are some heavy weight contenders).
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. I dipped into this and listened to only 5 minutes before I turned off in disgust when he said "What we will get from Farage will be emotion and fraud and from Clegg intellect and fact". I think Mr C might well be considered a fraud by the thousands of students who won't be voting for his party again as long as he remains leader.

As James O'Brien is so keen to tell us about facts I wonder if this fact from yesterday's election got a mention on his show?
    A new low: Liberal Democrats beaten by Bus Pass Elvis Party in council by-election

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/07/lib-dems-beaten-by-bus-pass-elvis-party-in-clifton-north-by-election-4457529/
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    I heard that Nihonga.

:o
    /|\

I know.:(:blush: I'm sorry, I'm very naughty:D
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrew Castle will be talking about Putin and Ukraine at the weekend. I can personally guarantee that there isn't one person on the planet who is interested in what Andrew 'Paint Dry' Castle has to say on this or any other issue. Just because he plays tennis with Camerson doesn't mean he has any more idea than a tennis racket. He is a complete airhead and his show is one of the most boring on LBC (and there are some heavy weight contenders).

Crikey. You really don't like him, do you?
    It's not his good looks, is it? ;-)
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grr! >:(>:(>:(

What's annoyed you now, Chin?:(
  • PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Racist homophobic UKIP people are so nice aren't they?

Are you suggesting that UKIP people are Racist and Homophobic? :confused: I agree that the UKIP supporters I know are very nice.;-)
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any problem with Andrew Castle unlike his awful predecessor who just spewed out Tory propaganda from one minute to the next. AC is a refreshing change and I prefer someone who isn't persistently rude to callers and constantly cuts them short as well as taking a more neutral political stance.

I also admire him for leaving the comfort of his long time BBC tennis commentating role to hosting a current affairs call-in programme. I think that takes guts, and he seems to be doing a decent job of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If UKIP want to play with the 'big boys', then they need to expect this.
    Not everyone has joined the Farage Fan Club.

No matter what O'Brien's political preference is, he is becoming unhealthily obsessed with UKIP. He could spend some time discussing many of the other unpalatable things going on in the other parties..
    Ask yourself why has he become so worried about this one particular party? Ummm?
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Potkettle wrote: »
    No matter what O'Brien's political preference is, he is becoming unhealthily obsessed with UKIP. He could spend some time discussing many of the other unpalatable things going on in the other parties..
    Ask yourself why has he become so worried about this one particular party? Ummm?

I'm sure Milliband et al gets just as much bashing on LBC as UKIP does.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it strange and slightly creepy that whenever discussing the Stephen Lawrence case, J O'B feels it necessary to remind us of his acquaintance with Duwayne Chambers. He did it three times this morning. I think DC came into the studio once to be interviewed but James gives the impression that they're best buddies. Perhaps they are but it comes across as egotistical name dropping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No culture?
    How about Morris dancing, cheese rolling, pancake tossing and jellied eels? :D

Pork pies and pickles.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'Rancid Tories' is one of J O'B's favourite terms, especially when referring to IDS. I don't think I've heard him refer to Milliband et al.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry but have to disagree. I don't recall as much name calling as UKIP get on this station. It has become so childish to shut down a debate with labelling a party with pathetic name calling. It's about time O'Brien gets his obsession under control.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Speak for yourself, I'm half Welsh. :D

I've got some carrageen in my cupboard, I await your recipes....in your own time and no pressure:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    I know.:(:blush: I'm sorry, I'm very naughty:D

I had to phone the vicar and ask what you were talking about.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Potkettle wrote: »

Exactly the question I've asked myself. Interesting....
This discussion has been closed.