Mariah Carey's album "Mermaid in Disguise" release date pushed back yet again

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
Forum Member
✭✭
It's not the first time her upcoming album has been pushed back. I am disappointed. There are clearly issues between her and the label but they cannot push it back indefinitely.

At this rate I wonder if it will ever be released or will she and her label terminate her contract. No matter what happens, I really hope we get to hear those songs which she has been recording for nearly 4 years as they will go to total waste otherwise.

Comments

• Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    i think that the issues are that she is having difficulty securing a hit single as a solo artist ..... she is an album artist...and needs to focus on this ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think that the issues are that she is having difficulty securing a hit single as a solo artist ..... she is an album artist...and needs to focus on this ...

Yes, Beautiful performed fairly well overall, despite just missing out on the Billboard top 10. Nevertheless, following its release it was the opportune time to release the album. You're mine never had chart potential as a single.

Around 2005 she was both an album and singles artist. Times have changed but it is bizarre how pear shaped things have gone since Touch my body.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't find anything to say that's the album title or its been pushed back? Hope not though!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I thought it was called The Art Of Letting Go?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    I thought it was called The Art Of Letting Go?

Yes, last year it was but it has changed name a few times since then.

She did however release a song called "art of letting go" to keep the lambs happy in the interim.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the source this is its new title and that its been pushed back?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    If that's the new title, absolutely terrible. Hope it hasn't been pushed back too far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    FernandoM wrote: »
    Yes, last year it was but it has changed name a few times since then.

She did however release a song called "art of letting go" to keep the lambs happy in the interim.

She's done recent interviews to promote her single where she's confirmed that the album is called The Art of Letting Go!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Mariah. Didn't her last album, Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel, get pushed back several times as well? I agree that Mariah is an album artist now. She may not be selling huge numbers like her early days or The Emancipation of Mimi, but she can still pull in decent numbers album-wise.

Aside from Beautiful (which in fairness was helped largely due to her season on Idol), her recent single efforts went completely nowhere. Her latest one is getting some airplay, but still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aphippo wrote: »
    She's done recent interviews to promote her single where she's confirmed that the album is called The Art of Letting Go!

She was calling the album "TAOLG" back in November. She has subsequently changed the title.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that's the new title, absolutely terrible. Hope it hasn't been pushed back too far.

I agree to an extent yet there is a link to Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel by going with the latest title.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think that's the title re: mermaid. This is just getting tiring. As a fan I'm just fed up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    She was calling the album "TAOLG" back in November. She has subsequently changed the title.

She was calling it TAOLG last month through all the You're Mine (Eternal) promo!
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not the first time her upcoming album has been pushed back. I am disappointed. There are clearly issues between her and the label but they cannot push it back indefinitely.

At this rate I wonder if it will ever be released or will she and her label terminate her contract. No matter what happens, I really hope we get to hear those songs which she has been recording for nearly 4 years as they will go to total waste otherwise.

maybe her album will pop up as a surprise on itunes ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was calling it TAOLG last month through all the You're Mine (Eternal) promo!

The title has definitely changed. Go to 3:40 on this interview where she confirm it is no longer TAOLG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgDYNSQ1eeE

On the Mariah Carey message board, posters are saying the new name is "Mermaid in Disguise". However, I cannot find any official confirmation.

Why on earth has she not really promoted "You're Mine" at all? If she promoted it more, it would have greater chart impact.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's too busy having splashes and moments dahling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member

No she didn't and if you saw the MTV video premiere of You're Mine she answered a question specifically that asked her if TAOLG was the title she said NO do stop repeating yourself :)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She says that the album was going to be called the art of letting go but that she is going to change it because she was upset that the original title was leaked. She hasn't confirmed what the new title will be yet.

I think the album will be released at some point. Mariah has been holed up in a secret recording studio for the past month. She has been tweeting pics of herself at the studio and says that she is not leaving until the album is finished!