What happened to Rachel? Who choose that routine?

scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Very quiet voice I thought. And what were all those dancers all about? Why would you put a shy, quiet person into a dancing troupe!? Bad song choice too I thought. It was more the sort of thing Emily could do, but Rachel, it was obvious it wasnt right.

Comments

• -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was lost amongst all the dancers. I didn't like the song or the arrangement. Kylie let her down.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I agree with both of you. I wish they would get rid of those dancers. And the sound was bad - the band came over too loud and the singers too quiet.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her voice. Disappointed she is gone. Won't bother watching next week
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its like "we've booked some dancers and they need to earn their money".
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was just the wrong song choice for her.
  • Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    An average singer who didn't live up to the hype.
    Her being goodlooking and young is what encouraged Kylie/the producers to put her in the final. The girl who sang against her in the battles was a better singer imo.
    Her and 'Adele's cousin' were (imo) amongst the 'chosen' ones, who probably on the face of it were thought to do well with the public's favour. But the public doesn't always play ball, especially when it comes to voting.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why she was put through in the first place. Kylie's judgement is not the best IMO.
  • caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was X Factor I'd say she was sabotaged, but maybe they were just trying to go down the "little popstar" route and did it really badly? Either way that was never going to be a vote winner no matter what she did. I was glad Kylie didn't put her straight through though, that would have been worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bagshot85 wrote: »
    An average singer who didn't live up to the hype.
    Her being goodlooking and young is what encouraged Kylie/the producers to put her in the final. The girl who sang against her in the battles was a better singer imo.
    Her and 'Adele's cousin' were (imo) amongst the 'chosen' ones, who probably on the face of it were thought to do well with the public's favour. But the public doesn't always play ball, especially when it comes to voting.

I disagree she's an average singer. I was at the blind auditions and when she did her own thing , everyone thought she was out of this world.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an absolute mess. Her voice didn't suit that sound.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd aha hers was the poorest song choice of the night. She was the one I remembered most after the blind auditions. Her version of Clown was amazing, and she was great in the battles but this weeks song really didn't show off her voice, and wasn't going to earn her votes.
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I listened to Rachel performing 'Clown' several times and it was possibly my favourite blind audition,but nothing she has done since has moved me like that one.

Song choice can be everything.
  • Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I disagree she's an average singer. I was at the blind auditions and when she did her own thing , everyone thought she was out of this world.

Perhaps, I can't judge on her singing live.
    Although, I thought Cher Loyd sounds/ed like a cat being tortured, but look how well she's done.
    I think tonight being voted off will hurt, but I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the idea behind the coaches is they help them get the right routine for their voice, not try to turn them into something they're not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Some responsibility should go to the contestant. They should pick the coach which will best suit/help them and is the best match for them, not who is the biggest star or most popular.

I never saw kylie as a good match for rachel, tom would have been better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanquish32 wrote: »
    Some responsibility should go to the contestant. They should pick the coach which will best suit/help them and is the best match for them, not who is the biggest star or most popular.

She is only just 17 though and very starry eyed.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Someone clearly hated her. It was a dreadful song choice and totally unsuited to her.
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    She was lost amongst all the dancers. I didn't like the song or the arrangement. Kylie let her down.
    Quite agree!
    Lee had a quieter backing and every word could be heard. His Kristofferson song was pure class, compared to Rachael's rubbish.
    Rachael's a quality singer and deserved better.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie did say that Rachel had got a bit carried away and kept putting more and more stuff in.

I know it's the coach's job to advise them, but maybe Kylie got a bit fed up of arguing with her and let her do it her own way.

Very un memorable song, and all the dancing was very distracting!
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    She was definitely thrown under the bus this week.

Awful song awful outfit awful performance.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

Double whammy .

Lousy song choice and she's just too good looking to get votes .
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    I liked her voice. Disappointed she is gone. Won't bother watching next week

Neither will I. Rachel was the only one left that I had any interest in. :cry:

Maybe she should have turned on the waterworks like Christina.:p
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Double whammy .

Lousy song choice and she's just too good looking to get votes .

Triple whammy - no sob story either!
  • superbass88superbass88 Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle is an awful coach, both her and Will.i.am are more concerned with attention seeking than actually doing what they are paid to. Rachael was far and away one of the best one left in it and Kyle picked an awful song for her which in no way showcased her powerful vocals, she also didn't save her when she was the strongest of her 3 acts- bad move Kylie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who picked that song? I'm not even sure what it was. I could hardly hear it. Can someone put a link to what it's meant to sound like?