What do you like about Corrie at the moment?

SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
Forum Member
I know a fair amount of people really dislike it currently (me included), but what do you like about it currently?
For me
Tim and Sally - Really good couple that work very well with each other good chance they will stay together.
Scenes involving Mary, Deirdre, Norris and Emily, unfortunately theres very little of them.
Pat Phelan - Or i did, not sure if we will see him again.
Maria - in a minority but i like her shes a good actress and this SL sounds ok, being ruined with Fizz

Kal isnt that bad, cant be bothered with his dad though.

Comments

• trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I really like the daily threads. Corrie fans are a witty bunch! :D
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim and Sally.

Todd.

The adverts.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    The adverts. They really put the show to shame.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Tim & Sally
    Mary
    Gale
    David & Kylie
    Steve
    Carla
    Deirdre
    Rob & Tracey (especially Rob)
    Phelan

I'm particularly happy the way Tim has turned out.

Oh .... and Todd!
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,712
    Forum Member
    The end credits when it's time for Eastenders.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    BadRomance wrote: »
    The end credits when it's time for Eastenders.

I'm assuming you only catch the credits as surely only a silly person sits through a show that they can't wait for the end of!:)
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim & Sally
    Pat Phelan ^_^
    Peter Barlow
    Maria
    Steve McDonald
    The Meerkats, I am always interested what they get up to.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The threads.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat sexybeast Phelan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Tim and Sally.

Todd.

The adverts.

PS and Eva and Leanne seeming to get on better.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phelan
    Todd
    Fit Katy
    Mental Maria
    Eva's Norks.

In that order.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The humour - always loved Corrie's humour. Loved Mary tonight, for example.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Tim and Sally.

Todd.

The adverts.

This, pretty much!:D

And Snoop Feely Phelan. Along with Gary, in those tight jeans of his.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like pretty much everything except anything involving Tina, Fiz, Sergeant Sniveller and Michelle Foldy-Arms. :)

And yes, a great thread too, (especially tonight). :blush::blush:
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unhinged Maria
    Phelan
    The Humour
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,831
    Forum Member
    Maria getting a storyline. I know she isn't liked on here, but I've always really liked her. I like that she's interacting with Tyrone again too, being with Fiz has really dragged him down.

Sally and Tim's relationship. I think she works better with Tim now rather than Kevin. The Kevin chapter of her life needs to stay well and truly in the past.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    The humour - always loved Corrie's humour. Loved Mary tonight, for example.
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I like pretty much everything except anything involving Tina, Fiz, Sergeant Sniveller and Michelle Foldy-Arms. :)

And yes, a great thread too, (especially tonight). :blush::blush:

Me too. Although I don't know who Sergeant Sniveller is.

Granted I didn't think tonight's episode was the best and had a couple of dud moments but that's OK. It can't be full-on drama all the time. I think it is a great soap so I'm pretty forgiving.

What I love about CS is the writing, the characters and the humour. They are good at creating characters you care about, who feel real, so it doesn't matter that sometimes things are a bit slow - that's life. I'm just as happy to watch the inconsequential filler moments, like chats in the Rovers or the factory, as I am to watch dramatic whodunnits. And because CS have created characters I care about their 'big' storylines are harder hitting because I give a damn (well, as much as is considered normal investiture for a soap, you understand :cool:).

CS and Emmerdale are by far my favourite soaps, although tonight's EE has drawn me in.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of what I like about Coronation Street at the moment is about what isn't there. The sensationalism has been dialed down hugely from when Phil Collinson was in charge. There's not a whiff of a psycho or serial killer, nobody has been at death's door one episode and fine a week later, and nobody's in prison for a crime they didn't commit. Corrie was at risk of burning itself out if it carried on that way so I'm grateful to Stuart Blackburn and his team for that.

Tim, Kal, Steph and Andrea are great additions to the cast. Tim has surprised me especially as I didn't like him at first. He and Sally are hilarious together and I hope the writers run with it and don't give into temptation and reunite Kevin and Sally.

I have my problems with the show at the moment, specifically the way some characters are being written, and plots being dragged out, but on the whole I think the negativity on this forum is way OTT. It seems on here that every soap has to be either terrific or terrible with no middle ground.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bitchy Todd, and the fact that Tina is going soon
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The end titles
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of what I like about Coronation Street at the moment is about what isn't there. The sensationalism has been dialed down hugely from when Phil Collinson was in charge. There's not a whiff of a psycho or serial killer, nobody has been at death's door one episode and fine a week later, and nobody's in prison for a crime they didn't commit. Corrie was at risk of burning itself out if it carried on that way so I'm grateful to Stuart Blackburn and his team for that.

Tim, Kal, Steph and Andrea are great additions to the cast. Tim has surprised me especially as I didn't like him at first. He and Sally are hilarious together and I hope the writers run with it and don't give into temptation and reunite Kevin and Sally.

I have my problems with the show at the moment, specifically the way some characters are being written, and plots being dragged out, but on the whole I think the negativity on this forum is way OTT. It seems on here that every soap has to be either terrific or terrible with no middle ground.

Excellent post. Agree with it completely. Just couldn't articulate so well. Or at all, as it goes. :blush::D
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim and Sally's relationship- they suit each other so well and are believable as a couple. Sally and Kevin have had their day, please don't reunite them, writers

Bitchy Todd- this is a personality change I've actually enjoyed. His fights with Maria on the street have been very entertaining and he delivers those put-downs quite effectively.

Maria's struggles- I've found this surprisingly refreshing and have enjoyed seeing her and Tyrone revisit their past. Given her disastrous track record with men, it is quite credible that she yearns for the stability and loyalty that Tyrone offered her in the past.

Pat Phelan- a decent villain, who most importantly isn't a murderer.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    On screen: Kylie, Maria and Eva (and her breasts).

Off screen: DS Corrie threads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALISON KING!! corrie's saviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Royston Cropper.