Options

Balding men who can't admit it

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prince William for example, huge bald patch but trying to cover it up with a terrible hair cut.

What is the deal with men like that, no dignity at all. And them guys bald on top but keep hair on the sides lol? Why?

I started receding around age 30, guess what I did...
    I shaved my head and I felt liberated.

Why is hair such a big deal anyway for a man?

With a name like `Brother Daniel` it must be presumed you joined a Monastery :D.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prince William for example, huge bald patch but trying to cover it up with a terrible hair cut.

What is the deal with men like that, no dignity at all. And them guys bald on top but keep hair on the sides lol? Why?

Probably because some men don't suit being bald/half bald.
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    I agree that it's quite a step to take, but if it's at a stage where the main part of it (i.e top of the head/above forehead) has gone already, unless you have the money for a hair transplant, would you prefer hanging on to the bits that's left - for now - like this?

Is there something wrong with that? Looks all right to me.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have been balding for many years now and I decided a long time to just shave it all off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think everyone has to shave it all off (and that comes from someone with a smooth dome) but do cut it down so it's not a comb over as that draws more attention. I think that's more the message from me!
  • Options
    taskertasker Posts: 4,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking as somebody who is going bald.
    i find that the people it seems too bother most, are the people who aren't actually going bald, it is as if you DEMAND we are bothered.
    It's happening and i live with it.

And you know what they say, god only invented a few great men.
    And on the rest he put hair :D
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know any man who didn't look better after shaving his head.
    barbeler wrote: »
    If you have a round head you can get away with it. Those with the long "Viking" head shape look terrible with a crop.

I disagree with the first statement, and very much agree with the second.

I'm bald on top, but have no intention of shaving off the sides as well. :eek:
    I keep them short (No. 2), but I'm not going to shave.

I'm a slim man with a long thin head, and I've seen others with a similar build who have it shaved, and IMO they look a bit silly and sort of vulnerable, for want of a better word.

For the record I think Prince William is doing it right, at the moment.
    He's cutting it short, and not attempting a comb over. Best he could do, with a bad job.
    http://www.decidethis.co.uk/images/532044d0/edbf70-54373941.jpg

IMO he'd just look silly with a shaved head.
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    She is ok looking, nothing to get excited about, I see more pretty women every week

Funny how quickly a thread about men and their physical shortcomings quickly turns into a dig at a woman's looks. What does Kate's looks have to do with his bald patch? Why do you feel the need to comment on how many pretty women you see in a week? I bet those pretty women never notice you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    I disagree with the first statement, and very much agree with the second.

I'm bald on top, but have no intention of shaving off the sides as well. :eek:
    I keep them short (No. 2), but I'm not going to shave.

I'm a slim man with a long thin head, and I've seen others with a similar build who have it shaved, and IMO they look a bit silly and sort of vulnerable, for want of a better word.

For the record I think Prince William is doing it right, at the moment.
    He's cutting it short, and not attempting a comb over. Best he could do, with a bad job.

IMO he'd just look silly with a shaved head.

The sides are too long, drawing even more attention to the top
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    Funny how quickly a thread about men and their physical shortcomings quickly turns into a dig at a woman's looks. What does Kate's looks have to do with his bald patch? Why do you feel the need to comment on how many pretty women you see in a week? I bet those pretty women never notice you.

And I bet if a thread had been started about women who shave all their head hair off would have turned into a dig at bald men. Guaranteed. This is DS. It works both ways as sure as eggs are eggs (or should I say eggheads are eggheads).
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    afcbfan wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with that? Looks all right to me.
    Admittedly that was best of the lot I seen, but he's a footballer whose just turned 30 when he looks about late thirties IMO. I had intended to post something like this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One does not associate Berlusconi with the word 'honest,' and IIRC, he attented a G8 summit wearing a bandana. He prefered the others, including our dear PM and the American president, to think he'd simply arrived at their meeting dressed as a pirate...

The bandana was to hide the post op scars.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, how ill informed people are. Beckham has not had a hair transplant.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Admittedly that was best of the lot I seen, but he's a footballer whose just turned 30 when he looks about late thirties IMO. I had intended to post something like this.

Even he wears a wig these days

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *paul* wrote: »
    Bloody hell, how ill informed people are. Beckham has not had a hair transplant.

It wouldn't surprise me. He has a good head of hair and it seems thicker than it was. even Robbie admitted to having one to stop his hair getting thinner, with no obvious signs of balding. Gary Barlow has also obviously had one but his hair is thinning again. Dec Donnelly, as mentioned.
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    And I bet if a thread had been started about women who shave all their head hair off would have turned into a dig at bald men. Guaranteed. This is DS. It works both ways as sure as eggs are eggs (or should I say eggheads are eggheads).

Thanks for putting me straight.
  • Options
    simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree about Prince William he looks awful for his age a comb over is embarrassing.

Hair is a big deal for many men especially nowadays men like to take care of there appearance more than ever. Not everyone can come to terms with loosing there hair so easily. Mine has been thinning for many years ive kept it really short which looked ok but only shaved it to a number 1 or 2 in the last year. I didn't nlike it at first but I have got used to it now.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    *paul* wrote: »
    Quoting david beckham just shows how ignorant people are on this subject.

I can understand why people are confused when he has a different hairstyle every week.

I can understand young men having problems with it. I started balding in middle age. It no longer bothers me.

I have a number one every 3 months but don't fret as the sides start growing. :)
  • Options
    emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    I agree about Prince William he looks awful for his age a comb over is embarrassing.

Hair is a big deal for many men especially nowadays men like to take care of there appearance more than ever. Not everyone can come to terms with loosing there hair so easily. Mine has been thinning for many years ive kept it really short which looked ok but only shaved it to a number 1 or 2 in the last year. I didn't nlike it at first but I have got used to it now.

Prince William doesn't have a "comb over".
    A comb over is where you drag hair over the bald bit from the bit with hair.

This is a pic of him from New Zealand.

I'm not saying he hasn't combed his hair, but all the stuff in the middle is growing in the middle, it's not been combed in from the sides.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men often get ridiculed for their baldness so it is understandable they would want to try hide it. My OH went bald prematurely and people would say to him 'you are going bald haha', as if it needed pointing out to him, it made him very self concious about it. It makes me laugh now that one of the main culprits for this is now bald himself!
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I'm bald and take a razor to what's left of it now, so I'm a bonehead.

Anything else just looks shit.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Ryan Giggs in the news, I'm pretty sure something is living on his head

Edit. - also I was watching Two For The Money last night and found it funny that Al Pacino, Matthew McConaughey and Jeremy Piven were all on screen at the same time god knows how much they've spent on wigs pills and transplants between them
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭