Options

Ella Henderson Singles and Album Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Its a good song but she's not as good as she's being made out to be, compare her 'Loving You' to Leah McFall's version(who also has an album coming out soon, ironically), then Leah destroys her vocally.

What has Leah got to do with Ella?

Compare Leahs Loving You to Leonas. Leona destroys Leah vocally but its all irrelevant.

This thread is about Ghost which is a huge song.
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    What has Leah got to do with Ella?

Compare Leahs Loving You to Leonas then..

This thread is about Ghost which is a huge song.

I have done, Leah's is a lot better thats why I mentioned her because Ella did the same song and struggled. I really don't see why Leona Lewis is considered the standard bearer of this show, Rhydian Roberts is technically a lot better than her (Lewis has a soprano voice, Roberts is a high baritone) and has done a heck of a lot more than her too, 5 albums, huge musical productions, and now his own record label.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have done, Leah's is a lot better thats why I mentioned her because Ella did the same song and struggled. I really don't see why Leona Lewis is considered the standard bearer of this show, Rhydian Roberts is technically a lot better than her (Lewis has a soprano voice, Roberts is a high baritone) and has done a heck of a lot more than her too, 5 albums, huge musical productions, and now his own record label.

Leona is far better than Leah vocally.

As for comparing Leona and Rhydian, Leona has released four albums, and a fifth this year, she has sold over 28million records. Set a new chart record in December last year for the most top 5 hits by a British female. Had two very successful tours, in which she managed to sell out the O2 Arena four times. Sang the theme song to the biggest movie of all time and has starred in a new film to be released in June. And that is just from the top of my head.

Leona has achieved far more than Rhydian.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

again where have you heard the actual single as you have said you have heard it on 2 threads now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    again where have you heard the actual single as you have said you have heard it on 2 threads now?

Torrent sites, I like to hear what I'd like to buy first. :D
    Leona is far better than Leah vocally.

As for comparing Leona and Rhydian, Leona has released four albums, and a fifth this year, she has sold over 28million records. Set a new chart record in December last year for the most top 5 hits by a British female. Had two very successful tours, in which she managed to sell out the O2 Arena four times. Sang the theme song to the biggest movie of all time and has starred in a new film to be released in June. And that is just from the top of my head.

No she isn't musically, Leona has a three octave vocal range, Leah is a very rare breed i.e Mariah Carey and has a five octave vocal range (Google if you don't believe me) Leona didn't sell out the O2, sure she sold tickets, but she didn't sell it out, and Avatar is known for being an expensive flop, and the most Top 5 hits by a British female? Thats like saying the campaign to get John Cage's '4:33' to number 1 was actually relevant.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No she isn't musically, Leona has a three octave vocal range, Leah is a very rare breed i.e Mariah Carey and has a five octave vocal range (Google if you don't believe me) Leona didn't sell out the O2, sure she sold tickets, but she didn't sell it out,and Avatar is known for being an expensive flop, and the most Top 5 hits by a British female? Thats like saying the campaign to get John Cage's '4:33' to number 1 was actually relevant.

There's more to a good voice than how big someones range is. You can have a huge range, but sound absolutely dire, have no power, stamina etc.

And your wrong, her first three nights at the O2 were sold out.

As for Avatar, its budget was £240million, it made £2.8billion, over £2billion in profit, what a disastorous flop of a movie. :o

Its more hits than Rhydian has achieved.
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're embarrassing yourself now. You should toddle off back to the Leah McNobody fan thread. Queen Leona sends her blessings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HughOS wrote: »
    You're embarrassing yourself now. You should toddle off back to the Leah McNobody fan thread. Queen Leona sends her blessings.

Ahh see you have resorted to childish remarks (go ask Seal or Steven Tyler if she's a nobody) you've lost the debate, pal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The debate was lost on your behalf when you tried to draw comparisons between Leona and whoever. Leona is in a stratosphere above her. In terms of talent, success and acclaim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HughOS wrote: »
    The debate was lost on your behalf when you tried to draw comparisons between Leona and whoever. Leona is in a stratosphere above her. In terms of talent, success and acclaim.

Did I? - I was simply referring to Ella who's a very talented girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What torrent site exactly if you don't mind I'd like to hear too,thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What torrent site exactly if you don't mind I'd like to hear too,thanks

PM'd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I? - I was simply referring to Ella who's a very talented girl.

Got your other topic mixed up with this one. The gist still applies Ella > whatshername
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It's here!! I do love it!
    Very Bleeding Love/Rolling In The Deep like the reviews said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA8AfQaUnXM&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    annie.90annie.90 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA8AfQaUnXM

Ella Henderson video for Ghost has just been released online. Absolutely loving the song, I can't wait for the album. Been waiting for it since The X Factor. She is definitely going to be the most success artist to come out of the 2012 series :):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is brilliant
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song is really amazing, hope she does well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didn't expect this kind of song from her, has a very powerful feel to it, great video too love the part with her walking in front of the police cars
  • Options
    Forum Member
    didn't expect this kind of song from her, has a very powerful feel to it, great video too love the part with her walking in front of the police cars

yeah that my favourite part as well.... Really hope she does really well and is able to break the US coz she deserved it :):) Love the song, have already listened to it like 5 time. Really not what i was expecting from her :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOVE it.

Like I posted in the other thread, I'm getting Leona and Adele vibes and it has Ryan Tedder written all over it, which to me is a good thing because I'm fans of them all.

Wasn't much of a fan of Ella on X Factor but I cannot wait for her album now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    LOVE it.

Like I posted in the other thread, I'm getting Leona and Adele vibes and it has Ryan Tedder written all over it, which to me is a good thing because I'm fans of them all.

Wasn't much of a fan of Ella on X Factor but I cannot wait for her album now.

Yeah it definitely has Ryan Tedder written all over which I like coz he's a fantastic song writer. It is like Leona and Adele, I do remember Gary calling her the Adele of the competition an Louis saying she was the best female since Leona.

Really hope she gets a hit with it.
  • Options
    jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Video looks like it had alot money spent on it , but i am still not impressed , Song is average at best , there is lots of other stuff out there just like it ( generic song lyrics ) . find it very hard to believe she wrote this song
  • Options
    Forum Member
    annie.90 wrote: »
    Yeah it definitely has Ryan Tedder written all over which I like coz he's a fantastic song writer. It is like Leona and Adele, I do remember Gary calling her the Adele of the competition an Louis saying she was the best female since Leona.

Really hope she gets a hit with it.

I think it will smash. I hope anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I think it will smash. I hope anyway.

Yeah I hope so after all the hype she has gotten since The X Factor. It is being released in June so could be one of those summer hits ... Here's hoping anyway :):)
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMAZING. I can't get over how incredible the song and video are.

I have a feeling about this, I hope I'm right. This has potential worldwide.