EastEnders:Thursday 24th April 2014 (7:30pm)-A Dark Cloud Hangs Over Walford.

Comments

• cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Why not? I didn't wont to see other people's reactions, Lucy wasn't their daughter, sister, step-daughter. I am glad they made the episode just be about the Beale's (minus Lauren and Dot).

Those reactions will come. It's the same old, same old. I prefer it this way.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While it is true Cindy only moved to the Square recently the twins went to Devon and lived either with Cindy or around Cindy for at least a year but i believe it was more (if someone can confirm time frames?) between the departures of Melissa Suffield and Thomas Law as Lucy and Peter and between the arrivals of Hetti Bywater and Ben Hardy. I believe Hetti appeared quite significantly before Ben did but at one point or another both have been around Cindy for significant amounts of time that Cindy would know information about both of them that Ian may well not.

Lucy left Summer 2010 and Peter Autumn 2010. Lucy returned in January 2012 for Pat's funeral and stayed because she thought Mandy was a gold digger out to con Ian. Peter and Cindy both returned in summer 2013. Cindy basically following him to Walford.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Well I don't blame Ian, I understand he was grieving and probably wasn't thinking straight. Though I wish she was leaving, she's a thief, blackmails her siblings and is rude, I still haven't felt sympathy for her.

Do you think Lucy didn't like Cindy and do you think Peter doesn't like Cindy
  • w1dget9w1dget9 Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    did i miss something , ppl on here saying Ian rang an aunt to get cindy , i wasnt sure who he was talking to and assumed steven !
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,203
    Forum Member
    w1dget9 wrote: »
    did i miss something , ppl on here saying Ian rang an aunt to get cindy , i wasnt sure who he was talking to and assumed steven !

He rang Gina, Cindy Srs sister who raised Cindy Jr.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Why not? I didn't wont to see other people's reactions, Lucy wasn't their daughter, sister, step-daughter. I am glad they made the episode just be about the Beale's (minus Lauren and Dot).

I liked the concept of the episode being so contained focusing on the Beale's grief. But then like I said the introduction of the suspicious whodunit aspect in the episode tarnished it for me. I'd rather see Sharon or the Butcher's initial reaction rather than 'you lied, you weren't at the restaurant..', Ian's Freudian slip to the coppers or him kicking Cindy out at the end. It seemed at least part of the purpose of the cliffhanger was to make it appear he wants her out of the way to protect whatever secret he's hiding.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... Didn't manage to watch it live. Again. *sighs*

Everything has changed. Those first silent minutes were very poignant.

Ian's outburst at Dot and her 'They should be saying goodbye to me' :cry:

Peter was very fierce in objecting to Lucy's room being searched.

You and your big mouth, Cindy!

Peter's 'So it was quick?' :( I'm surprised Ian didn't ask that after 'Was she dressed?' yesterday.

I also don't get why Lucy was killed - why someone would kill her, Jane. :confused:

Red Herring Peter wanting to run away, like father like son rubbed off on him in the end?

You'd been drifitng apart for years, Peter. It's no wonder your instincts weren't as honed.

Ouch. That was cold, Ian. :o

Cindy's Gran's a-coming...
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    I liked the concept of the episode being so contained focusing on the Beale's grief. But then like I said the introduction of the suspicious whodunit aspect in the episode tarnished it for me. I'd rather see Sharon or the Butcher's initial reaction rather than 'you lied, you weren't at the restaurant..', Ian's Freudian slip to the coppers or him kicking Cindy out at the end. It seemed at least part of the purpose of the cliffhanger was to make it appear he wants her out of the way to protect whatever secret he's hiding.
    As she is being driven away tomorrow Ian chases after her and decides she can stay.
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember the outrage! lol It was all over the papers and the news. Bit like how the Baby swap was. The BBC issued an on air apology :D

All I remember from the episodes is the drunk dad, a donkey in the street = rofl and Mark cutting his hand and stopping Mary from touching the blood.

Other than that its all a blur. Just as well I guess :D

I hope one day they start showing old eps again or release DVDs I am now intrigued into what these episodes were like and do I remember them (sometimes I remember things but only when visually reminded of them - but like now remembering hearing Ruth talk about Maggie only from the reminder of Ruth's voice saying it)
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on my phone so can't multi quote but seen a couple of posts I wish to refer to

One where someone said they were dissapointed it was a Beale only episode as they would have liked to have seen more of the residents reacting to the initial news

I agree with wanting to see that from other residents but think today's episode could have been purely Beale related and the police people with no dot or Lauren and tomorrow could have shown us the rest of the square hearing the news and reaction as tonight's episode was intensely good

I also wish to thank hit em up style for confirming time frames if when Lucy and Peter lived in Devon with Cindy I was sure it was more than a year but wasn't entirely sure on specifics
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Its the Phil and Ian scene tomorrow which is supposed to be amazing.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    Its the Phil and Ian scene tomorrow which is supposed to be amazing.
    Yes it is :)

Preview of tomorrows episode
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    One thing I would like to say is that Lucy's murder has totally detracted from the pool tournament. I was really enjoying it and Terry and Alfie really didn't get the credit they perhaps deserved. Does anyone else think that this was rather shortsighted of the writers ?
  • issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if Cindy ends up staying or does she leave?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread Dan :) So happy about the ratings!
    I marked it a 6 on Tuesday
    What an annoying first scene.
    Not even sub-titles:(
    Dot round to stick her beak in with her typical Jesus nonsense.
    Are you suggesting a change of character for Dorothy ?
    mikebuk wrote: »
    No bible quotes, Dot.
    OMG she didnt say anything from the bible what happened?
    mikebuck told her not to. In any case they all all heathens.
    Peter is getting oddly defensive.
    He's hoping to play for Chelsea.
    I hate how Ian treats Cindy. She's only a teenager and trying to help.
    She's nothing to do with him.
    Wow, that's....wierd. Perhaps Ian is thinking the wrong 'daughter' died?
    Not his daughter
    cobis wrote: »
    Cindy is a bit of a cuckoo in the nest, none of them really know her, she is no connection to Ian at all other than she is half sister to two of his children, Bobby, Denise and Jane have only just met her and Peter and Lucy barely acknowledged her existence, and despite this she seems determined to cling on,
    A very good summary
    The most brilliant and realistic depiction of grief and the aftermath of death I've ever seen on a soap.

Absolutley brilliant and raw

If only every soap death had the same impact. This is precisely how death aftermath should be handled.
    That's all very well but where was the humour:confused:
    ryanr554 wrote: »

One thing I did love about the episode is the silence at the start. There is just nothing to say in a situation like this.
    I was hoping that someone would break wind.
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Have to disagree with anyone excusing Ian . He is the adult , she is a child
    Agreed. He needs to get a grip.
    Yep Peter and Lucy do like Cindy. I agree with everything you said.
    Lucy doesn't like anyone now :)
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    One thing I would like to say is that Lucy's murder has totally detracted from the pool tournament. I was really enjoying it and Terry and Alfie really didn't get the credit they perhaps deserved. Does anyone else think that this was rather shortsighted of the writers ?

Gotta agree with that Mo. With this Lucy stuff it goes on until like, next year, whilst the pool tournament is a once in a blue moon event. It seems a bit disingenuous to not give it proper coverage.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    She's 15, not a toddler.

That is hardly the point. She is a pregnant minor under the Ian's care whether he likes it or not. Ian shouldn't have done what he did.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all - just watching the ep now but it didn't record the first bit - did we see dot and other people be told the news or does everyone just know now?
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    Hi all - just watching the ep now but it didn't record the first bit - did we see dot and other people be told the news or does everyone just know now?
    They just know. We only saw Dot & Lauren outside of the Beale lot.
    The first 3minutes were silent but quite powerfull. EastEnders started a few minutes too early which is probs why you've missed it.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    That is hardly the point. She is a pregnant minor under the Ian's care whether he likes it or not. Ian shouldn't have done what he did.

It is the point. Done what? Left her on the doorstep because he was upset?

Oh dear what a life threatening experience for her to be stood outside for 2 minutes. Whatever will she do? :o

People are acting as though he's beat her or made her homeless. No, he's shoved her out the back gate in a moment of anger and called a family member to come and get her.

No doubt Denise or Jane go out to her at the start of tomorrow's episode and take her away to the restaurant or something to calm down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    They just know. We only saw Dot & Lauren outside of the Beale lot.
    The first 3minutes were silent but quite powerfull. EastEnders started a few minutes too early which is probs why you've missed it.

Ah ok thanks dan. Would of liked to of seen the whole pub told carrying on from when Peter was but these last few episodes have been outstanding
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really pleased they avoided the "pub crowd" moment.

It always makes me cringe when they fall into that cliche.
    Forum Member
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    Ah ok thanks dan. Would of liked to of seen the whole pub told carrying on from when Peter was but these last few episodes have been outstanding
    No problem.
    We will see the Square's reaction tomorrow and into next week.
    And yes then have :)
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I'm really pleased they avoided the "pub crowd" moment.

It always makes me cringe when they fall into that cliche.
    It made a nice change. Ian saying to Peter 'This isn't the place'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not read the whole thread but as emotional as it is currently watching it I can't help but laugh at how orange Lauren is and how white peter is!

Would of liked to of seen the shocked reactions at the pub - literally everyone knows Lucy and would of been nice to see Phil and kats etc reaction to it

Edit - just because I think Phil would be actually genuinely shocked and upset not his usual not arsed reactions!