Human Target

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
Ive just watched the first episode of Human Target which is available from the usual sources. It was ok but not quite as good as I was expecting. However I will give it a chance and hopefully it will improve over the season!

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts exactly, cos I'd watched the trailer a couple of times and had thus seen EVERYTHING exciting already - damn those trailers. The "he's got a death wish" thing posed by the big man did kinda grate - roll on back story, no doubt loved one killed by evil baddie he was never able to catch, roll on "oh he's has a kid he never knew about and must go off to save her", and roll on "oh loved one isn't really dead but had to fake it to save his life" - blah blah blah. Looking for a series with loadsa action and explosions and possibly much bikininess. Have got Burn Notice's return to look forward to soonish and will stick around with Human Target atleast until then to see if I'm gripped, or should that be griped ?! :cool:
  • nathleenathlee Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Didn't realise first episode had been shown. Been looking forward to this one and Past Lives (or Past life!!) which starts soon.

Will have to give this a watch then.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We watched this earlier too.
    Afterwards the wife said "Yeah, I enjoyed that, but would have liked to watch it from the beginning."
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We watched this earlier too.
    Afterwards the wife said "Yeah, I enjoyed that, but would have liked to watch it from the beginning."

Grounds for divorce, methinks. :D
  • Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nathlee wrote: »
    Didn't realise first episode had been shown. Been looking forward to this one and Past Lives (or Past life!!) which starts soon.

Will have to give this a watch then.

It's not actually on in the States till tonight but the first episode leaked early.
  • Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed that it airs on a Friday in Canada hence the leak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    We should probably set up a Human Target Canada Pace thread since episodes will air first in Canada. I acquired it yesterday too and am about to watch it now lol
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Grounds for divorce, methinks. :D

To be honest, from the way it started, I did wonder if I had missed some of the start of it. :)

Just in case no one knew - the bloke who played the nerdy bloke is playing the new Freddy Kruger.
  • gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was ok, nothing great but not rubbish either, so will keep going with it. And as an ardent BSG fan, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't recognise Patricia Helfer at first
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Whilst watching the first episode an advert came up saying that a new episode of Human Target is on monday night. So does that mean that the 2nd episode will be available on tuesday?
    Forum Member
    Just confirmed this.

Human Target premiered in Canada friday last, with episode 2 airing this Monday, which is when US viewers will get to see episode 1!

Human Target will continue to air in Canada OUT OF SIMULCAST every Monday thereafter, menaing episodes will air in Canada FIRST on Mondays, and in the US on Fridays!
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    spaintv wrote: »
    Human Target premiered in Canada friday last, with episode 2 airing this Monday, which is when US viewers will get to see episode 1!

No, the pilot for Human Target airs in the US tonight, Sunday night, just before the season 8 premiere of 24.
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    No, the pilot for Human Target airs in the US tonight, Sunday night, just before the season 8 premiere of 24.

True, my apologies...my planner shows info in accordance with my time zone..
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen the first 2 episodes and have to say they hugely exceeded my expectations,just a great Action/Adventure show of which there are too few of these days and also featuring a great cast especially Jackie Earle Haley.:)
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gaz141 wrote: »
    it was ok, nothing great but not rubbish either, so will keep going with it. And as an ardent BSG fan, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't recognise Patricia Helfer at first

Nor Doc Cottle it would seem.;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I'm also in the 'enjoyed it more than I thought I would' camp. I thought I'd be bored after one episode, but I enjoyed the first two and will continue to watch
    Forum Member
    I finally watched the first episode, and enjoyed it, but not as much as I thought I would. Id been looking fwd to this show since I heard it was being made..so perhaps I got too excited. I was gonna watch the first two episodes back to back but have left episode 2 for tonight cos I felt episode 1 dragged on a bit.

That said, I am aware that it was the first episode, and opening episodes of new shows are not always the best, since they have to establish characters, premise, etc, hence the feeling that it can be slow paced.

Being fair Ill give this show a few more episodes....it does have a lot of promise.
  • gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leithlad wrote: »
    Nor Doc Cottle it would seem.;):D

who could miss Doc Cottle! (and I didn't miss Felix either) Have to say this weeks episode was much better than the first one, starting to see some character development now and will be interesting to see where Chris came from and how he ended up the good guy as opposed to the bad guy he hinted that he used to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, it's pretty entertaining, I guess.

I'll more than likely be keeping up with this. Mark Valley is very good and I'm a big Chi McBride fan, so that's a bonus.

Interesting cameo by Danny Glover!
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    The 2nd episode was ok but this series still has not grapped me yet. Although I have to agree with the previous poster coment about Chi McBride as I did love him in Pushing Dasies!
  • kreed82kreed82 Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the first episode and thought it was fair but hated the way everything was wrapped up all nice and neatly..Then the 2nd episode started and it just dawned on me that the show is nothing more that a cliched action/adventure series.This would have been fine if they didnt use the 'self contained' villian of the week style..

While that works for the crime/mystery genre its no really suited for a programme of this type..You end up not really caring about what crazy situation the character/s gets up to
    because u know there is no overarching story..
  • ninz39ninz39 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it possible for a passenger jet to fly upside down?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, from the way it started, I did wonder if I had missed some of the start of it. :)

Just in case no one knew - the bloke who played the nerdy bloke is playing the new Freddy Kruger.

He also played Rorshach in Watchmen
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    kreed82 wrote: »
    I saw the first episode and thought it was fair but hated the way everything was wrapped up all nice and neatly..Then the 2nd episode started and it just dawned on me that the show is nothing more that a cliched action/adventure series.This would have been fine if they didnt use the 'self contained' villian of the week style..

While that works for the crime/mystery genre its no really suited for a programme of this type..You end up not really caring about what crazy situation the character/s gets up to
    because u know there is no overarching story..

I hadn't heard of it until reading this thread earlier and have just watched the first 6 episodes back to back online. I wasn't sure at first, found it entertaining but a little bit far fetched and, like you, a bit situation of the week, but as I'm full of cold and flu feeling sorry for myself and didn't have much better to do, I carried on watching and am now up to date with all the episodes so far aired. It does get better and there are hints of a story arc, mainly to do with Chance's backstory and I'm intrigued enough to carry on watching.

gaz141 wrote: »
    ...as an ardent BSG fan, I'm ashamed to admit I didn't recognise Patricia Helfer at first

Me neither :o It was great to see Sean Maher (Simon from Firefly/Serenity) in one of the episodes as well :)