Human Target

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have watched the first 3 eps of this, was better than I was expecting tbh. I would rate it as being about as good as Burn Notice, which is watchable, but not ground-breaking. I will keep watching methinks!
  • hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who watched the latest episode, with the assassination attempt on the Princess of Wales :D

So far, I am loving this series. Nothing like Lost, but just an enjoyment to watch.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HT is fairly ridiculous, but brilliantly so at times.
    hassan wrote: »
    Who watched the latest episode, with the assassination attempt on the Princess of Wales :D

They certainly come up with an entertainingly original plot with that one!
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Watched the pilot this afternoon. It was alright. Not the greatest way to leave me wanting more but im gonna stick around as I have the next three episodes on V plus record. It took me about 10 mins to realise the lead character was in Fringe.
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's ok but sort of lacking a direction. I mean, what is the actual premise? The guy seems to be a sort of a beefed-up "Equaliser" (anyone remember that show?), but I don't see any real theme, as it were, to it.

In the first ep, I thought when he shot the guy doing the suicide bomber thing that maybe he was unable to be hurt (nah, that's Painkiller Jane, innit?) and couldn't really see why he did that. I know he explained about load-bearing walls, fuses with three seconds etc, but I didn't get it.

Watched the next two and it's till just ok. Mind you, the girl in the red dress (Emmanuelle something) --- yum yum! But in general although it's fun I don't know if I'll stay the course. I have to say, I watch it but if I missed recording it one episode I wouldn't be all that bothered really.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    I watched them all was not sure at first but dose get lot better every episode, the finale was amazing dont want spoil anything mind. dose anyone know if theres going to be second series ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Watched the pilot this afternoon. It was alright. Not the greatest way to leave me wanting more but im gonna stick around as I have the next three episodes on V plus record. It took me about 10 mins to realise the lead character was in Fringe.

abit of unless info

the lead actor in human target is married to the lead actress in Fringe.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ian2439 wrote: »
    abit of unless info

the lead actor in human target is married to the lead actress in Fringe.

I thought I read somewhere they were or had seperated.

Anyway, watched the first episode and thought it fun, a bit daft but fun none the less. Wether I will stick with it though I am not sure. I need to see a little more from a show than just dumb fun of the week type episodes.
    Forum Member
    Yeah i already knew that. They are divorcing now. Not suprised. They weren't together long before they were married and they are both the leads on Fox shows

The weird thing is that this show might be cancelled. However i find that hard to believe as it is getting 7-8 million a week. That's double what Dollhouse earned and a million or two more then what Fringe is getting.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Yeah i already knew that. They are divorcing now. Not suprised. They weren't together long before they were married and they are both the leads on Fox shows

The weird thing is that this show might be cancelled. However i find that hard to believe as it is getting 7-8 million a week. That's double what Dollhouse earned and a million or two more then what Fringe is getting.

I can't see Fox cancelling this, what with 24 going this season, they have no 'action' based series to fill the void.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have watched 1 & 2 liked Trish Helfer being in it always very pleasing on the eye but heye wasn't she gunned down in Burn Notice!

Episode 2 was a bit pants I mean here we are with the almost Doug McClure plane disater cliche pilot & co pilot incapacitated passenger takes control of cockpit scenario.

Oh we have a fire on board - solution let's flip the Boeing upside down & let the air current put it out!

Or

You could climb to a higher altitude where air is thinner & achieve the same thing.

But that is not in the script.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO Guerrero and Winston are the best things in this show
  • F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got as far as 10mins into ep3 and I'd had enough, I fast forwarded through the rest of it and it looked as dull as the first 10 mins. Can't see myself watching again as I could see any real plot to the series.
    Forum Member
    Episode 2 was pants and i gave up the show. Then hours later i realized, ok give it another few episodes.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have watched 1 & 2 liked Trish Helfer being in it always very pleasing on the eye but heye wasn't she gunned down in Burn Notice!

You forget she is also a cylon. There are 12 models, but many copies. She is Six.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont most new shows start off this way though? looking back on earlier seasons of hit shows, ie buffy, charmed, stargate etc, the majority all start with one episode storylines then, as the show progresses, starts a story arc.

IMO its getting to know and caring about the characters that keep you interested in tuning in every week so a story arc can progress rather than a straight away 22 episode storyline, personally to me that would be kinda boring (with the exception of new V which i started watching as i love the original :))
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    That's not the point, at least not for me. No matter how good, or bad, a show is, for me it has to have a premise, a reason why the character(s) do(es) what t(he)ey do(es) --- now that's a lot of brackets! :)

But I don't see it with HT. The guy's a bodyguard/muscle-for-hire. OK. What's his story? What is the point of the show? What, in other words, is there to keep you watching, or to press the little green button on your SKY remote?

Buffy, Angel, Star Trek, Babylon 5, V, Life, Burn notice ... they all had one thing in common at least: they let you know who the characters were (not going through all THAT again!) and what their purpose, broadly, was. After 3 eps of HT I see no pattern, no purpose, no reason to keep watching.

It's fun, on a very basic level, but as I say if I miss it this week or any other week, at the moment I won't be losing any sleep over it.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first season is only 12 episodes - I think if it was a full 22 episode season i'd drop it like a stone.

I think i'll only give it no more than two more.

I agree with Trollheart - there needs to be some kind of hint towards his backstory and why he's doing what he's doing.

Even with Alias, which is probably the closest comparison, you knew why Sydney Bristow was doing what she was doing pretty much by the end of the 1st episode.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    I agree with Trollheart - there needs to be some kind of hint towards his backstory and why he's doing what he's doing.

They hint at it throughout the season, and cover it heavily towards the end.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    They hint at it throughout the season, and cover it heavily towards the end.

Indeed.

While it may not be arc-heavy, Human Target *does* have an arc, & it *does* develop.

I liked the show from the start, & IMO it got better as it progressed.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Have watched all 12 episodes and though the show did start off slow did get better as it progressed.

The final episode is brilliant and as one poster said i wont spoil it, i will say that it is worth sticking with the show and hope they bring back a second season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    You forget she is also a cylon. There are 12 models, but many copies. She is Six.

Yeah silly me forgot all about that :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    I watched this and thought it was a bit slow in parts but will give it a chance to see if it gets better before i decide whether to watch the the rest of the series or give it a miss
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up after the first few episodes which is a shame as I like the two lead actors
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I gave up after the first few episodes which is a shame as I like the two lead actors

you should of just given it chance it really dose get really good near to end its now up there with some of best shows iam watching hope dont axed.