TV Pgrammes that haven't ever been repeated OR not repeated in a long time

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody remember Jimmy's, the ITV series that shown life at St James' Hospital in Leeds?

I'd like to see it again as I recall it fondly :)
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,182
    Forum Member
    solentboy wrote: »
    Does anybody remember Jimmy's, the ITV series that shown life at St James' Hospital in Leeds?

I'd like to see it again as I recall it fondly :)
    or they could do an update series
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,446
    Forum Member
    The very first episode of Till Death Us Do Part in black and white is being broadcast next Tuesday 22nd June at 10.25pm on BBC 4, according to the Radio Times and on Sky's EPG.
    Ian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    or they could do an update series

Indeed so, though they'd probably fill the evening slot with a soap or drama these days.

When Jimmy's was broadcast ITV had very different programming values compared to now, it's regional element has gone and also their viewers instantly.
  • chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    solentboy wrote: »
    Indeed so, though they'd probably fill the evening slot with a soap or drama these days.

When Jimmy's was broadcast ITV had very different programming values compared to now, it's regional element has gone and also their viewers instantly.

New episodes continued on Sky One in about 1996.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »
    'It aint half hot mum' and 'are you being served' has not been on in a while and I loved them
    and what about citizen smith..has that been on lately

The whole series of Citizen Smith was shown on GOLD a couple of months ago.

Speaking of Robert Lindsay has Nightingales, a dark sitcom featuring him, David Threlfall from Shameless and James Ellis from Z-Cars as night security guards in an office block ever been repeated??
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Luna" has never been repeated. it was a great kids show. Anyone else remember it?
    Some of it has surfaced on youtube.

A young Patsy Kensit starred, but I think another actress took over the title role

just remembered another show A Time to Dance...it was written by Melvyn Bragg and had the Daily Mail brigade up in arms!
  • clarendelclarendel Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    The programme I would like to see repeated is "How do you want me?". A comedy starring Dylan Moran and the late Charlotte Coleman. They are a married couple who have moved to the country. Dylan Moran's character is a townie who is finding it difficult to fit in. I have not seen it in years.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Flambards has been mentioned, but I'd like to see it again as I was too young to appreciate it.
    Also:-
    Within These Walls
    Bouquet of Barbed Wire
    Rock Follies
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    Love thy Neighbour... Not a chance of seeing that on the box ever again..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZTdMVWhbHA :D

Thought that Granada Plus or UK Gold had shown this before? If so hasn't been for a long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flambards has been mentioned, but I'd like to see it again as I was too young to appreciate it.
    Within These Walls
    Bouquet of Barbed Wire
    Rock Follies

Has this ever been repeated?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    The very first episode of Till Death Us Do Part in black and white is being broadcast next Tuesday 22nd June at 10.25pm on BBC 4, according to the Radio Times and on Sky's EPG.
    Ian.

fantastic! Giood to see these "missing episodes" appear out of the woodwork from private film collectors. I can't but help think that a large percentage of "missing episodes" do exist in private hands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    vaguely, had that kid from Seaview(which has also never been repeated:), Aaron Brown believe his name was, also Colin Bennett,aka Mr Bennett from 'Take Hart' featured, directed, or produced, not sure which, by Micky Dolenz who also worked on Metal Mickey, another unrepeated show(as far as I know), but doubt people are that bothered about that

Wasn't Metal Mickey repeated of Granada Plus a few years ago? If so another that hasn't been repeatd for a while!
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just remembered another show A Time to Dance...it was written by Melvyn Bragg and had the Daily Mail brigade up in arms!

I remember that ... early Dervla Kirwan. And how about A Kind of Loving (early Joanne Whalley)
  • FuturespectFuturespect Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snuffbox (Matt Berry, Rich Fulcher)
    Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Said to have been surprisingly expensive to make, yet never repeated in six years.

I don't think the first series of 15 Storeys High has been repeated, but I could be wrong. The second and final series might've been on again at some point.

Not repeated for a long time: Monkey Dust. I don't think we'll ever see that come back. Not without heavy editing to S2/3, for sure.
  • MarkiebMarkieb Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fame i would have thought that would have been repeated when the remake was released and I would like to see the orgianal Magic Roundabout on DVD A box set of the whole series would be good
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Get Some In
    The Incredible Hulk
    Thriller
    Worzel Gummidge
    Callan
    The Equalizer
    Kolchak:The Nightstalker
    Supergran
    Land of the Giants
    Beverly Hills 90210
    Beavis and Butt-head
    He Man and Masters of the Universe
    Thundercats
    Woof

I'm fairly certain that none of have been seen on British television in a decade.
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Connie' - a rag-trade drame from the 1980s starring Steph Beacham and Pam Ferris.

Very camp and OTT - a kind of British Dynasty (but done on a Crossroads budget!)

It hasn't even come out on DVD.
  • BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelmsford 123.

Quality historical sit com starring Rory Mcgrath. Hasn't been repeated in years or been released on DVD.
  • Double DeckerDouble Decker Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Barbapapa
    Lizzie Dripping
    Skye
    The Phoenix and the Carpet
    Roobarb and Custard
    Issi Noho
    Mary Mungo and Midge

Where the Heart is
    Clarence
    The Cedar Tree
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mary Whitehouse Experience was brilliant especially the Oxford Professors who insulted each other like children !
    "You see that dirty puddle on the floor ?"
    "I am aware of its' presence"
    "That's your swimming pool that is" :D

Alas Smith And Jones - a brilliant sketch show with Mel and Griff

The Sean Hughes Show ( can't remember the title - it could be simply "Sean's Show")

The Max Headroom Show (where he played pop videos, NOT the "origins of Max" programme)
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should bring out a channel to show all these golden UK tv moments once again.

UK Gold it could be called.....
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Demon Headmaster.
  • hotdiggity1hotdiggity1 Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Thought that Granada Plus or UK Gold had shown this before? If so hasn't been for a long time.

Uk Gold aired 3 series of Love Thy Neighbour - its all out on dvd
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Has this ever been repeated?
    Within These Walls was shown on Granada+ ,and some are out on dvd
    Within These Walls
    Bouquet of Barbed Wire
    Rock Follies

Flambards and the other 3 all out on dvd . Barbed Wire had a ludicrous afternoon repeat on G+ so all the bits that gave it its reputation were edited out
    Barbapapa
    Lizzie Dripping
    Skye
    The Phoenix and the Carpet
    Roobarb and Custard
    Issi Noho
    Mary Mungo and Midge

Where the Heart is
    Clarence
    The Cedar Tree
    Lizzie Dripping was made on 16mm film so its well overdue for a repeat or dvd.
    Mary Mungo & Midge out on dvd and along with lots of other 70's shows like Mr Benn has popped up on NIck Jr in the last few years.

I would wager that The Cedar Tree will never be repeated as ATV soaps like Crossroads are missing many episodes
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allana wrote: »
    The Riff Raff Element (BBC) has never been repeated as far as I know.

You beat me to it, it was the early 90s I think and we loved it! Can't understand why it was never repeated:confused: