New Superman Film :: Man of Steel

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm worried about how bad the special effects will look in Superman 4 on blue ray
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I'm worried about how bad the special effects will look in Superman 4 on blue ray

That doesn't bear thinking about!!:eek:
    Forum Member
    Zack Synder has confirmed the rumours about Superman being CGI are false according to this report from Moviehole website:

"Zack Snyder has debunked rumours that the character of ‘Superman’ will be a CG creation. “Yeah, I dunno where that came from anyway. That doesn’t make any sense.” Snyder also confirms that the “Man of Steel” script wasn’t dictated by the rights issue. “No, I don’t know about that. None of the actual story is influenced by the rights issue. But I will say that the way we’re approaching it is sort of that we’re trying to act as if the other movies don’t exsst. Even though we respect movies that are cool. We’re trying to say, ‘What would it have been like if there had been no Superman movies until now?’

In a separate interview, Snyder said his Superman will definitely be a physical cat. “I can’t say whether he will punch someone directly in the face, just because I think that’s a spoiler. I will say that Superman, in the movie that we’re talking about making, that he is a pretty physical cat. He does some physical shit. Look, I don’t want to judge the movie, but I like to see Superman kicking some ass.”
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what to think about this film to be honest.

I want to be really excited by it but I just can't.

I'm a massive Superman fan. Seriously, I have no problem with him being disguised by a pair of glasses because I have been bought up on the films and just assume that people are too dumb to notice the similiarities. LOL. I even liked Superman Returns. Well, that is to say that I liked it for all its references to the originals and the fact that the special effects were mostly good and that characters like Jimmy and Clark were well cast (Brandon Routh I thought was good). However, the film suffered greatly in terms of plot - making Superman a deadbeat dad? Come on! And also, Kate Bosworth was woeful as Lois Lane.

Anyway, all that aside, I kind of don't understand where they are going with this film. There seems to be so much banded around at the moment (and I know its early stages) and none of it seems all that positive.

All I can say, is that I hope that they keep the Superman theme, it would be a real shame to lose the music that makes EVERYONE think of Superman.
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the new Superman movie developments with interest.

Like many, am a huge fan of the 1978 classic but was extremely disappointed with Returns. The new film looks to be a significant departure and pitched younger than what's gone previously - the casting of Costner / Diane Lane confirms that and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the film is Smallville bound. This is definitely a trilogy, so would not be surprised if the movie ends with Clark landing in Metropolis. Whilst I'm not in favour for a total big-screen version of the Welling tv show, having Costner on board I think will anchor the movie during Superman's formative years.

I also think it's definitely time to pull the plug on use of John Williams' iconic theme. This has to be a total reinvention of the character and using the classic score will not work. Willing to bet money there won't be a reprise.

I'm also looking for a more confident Clark and a portrayal by Cavill that will put distance between previous incarnations (Routh's aping of Reeve went down like a lead balloon). This time, when we do see him at The Daily Planet, I think audiences will appreciate a more modern (Dean Cain) go-getting reporter than the bumbling Clark of old. Time to cut ties with all that's gone before. I think Snyder / Nolan are savvy enough not to tread the same catastrophic path that Bryan Singer went down.

One final thing. When's Lois going to be cast? Still hope Rachel McAdams gets it, as I've stated before.
    Forum Member
    As confirmed by Zack Synder I think this Superman film will be very similar to Batman Begins.If you belive the rumoured plot it will start with Clark Kent traveling the world before returning to Smallville for a bit then heading to Metropolis.I would be very suprised if we see him in the suit before half way through the film.Very much like Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins!
  • Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I think we are gong to see superman still not 100% "super", i think he will be VERY robust, meaning he is literaly like a "man of steel", but he wont be super strong, andmay not be quite as fast as previous, and may not be that great at flying (he may not fly at all).

I think he will feel pain when hit ect, but will simply be more robust, rather like the Bruce willis character in unbreakable.

Superman has always had that problem of hum being too super, and the writers always needed to find ways of making him weaker to make him relateable and to make the movie interesting (kryptonite for example).

Making superman less developed physically, makes those problems go away.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been confirmed Oscar-nominee Amy Adams is the new Lois Lane in Zach Snyder's Superman! Clearly the biggest name out of the whole cast so far. I like it, she's not the obvious choice i don't feel but i think she'll suit the role no bother and do a fantastic job.

[news]Amy Adams cast as 'Superman's Lois Lane[/news]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, expected an 'Adams' in the title (as in Rachel Mc..), just not Amy Adams.

Dunno - great actress in everything I've seen her in, the last being The Fighter. Just doesn't look the part and a tad Bosworth-ish for my liking.

Just have to wait and see, but fingers crossed though.
  • JayJay Posts: 244
    Administrator
    In light of Amy Adams recently being cast as Lois Lane, our Editorial Assistant, Ben Lee, takes a look back at the actresses who have played the iconic character on-screen over the years. If you're interested, feel free to refresh your memory:

http://bit.ly/fcaYAR :)
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her , she's got a great range , will they darken her hair tho ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of people don't know this but Amy Adams is a natural blonde but prefers to dye her hair, so her hair's already dyed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness it's not that mardy faced Twilight woman.
    Forum Member
    I think Amy Adams is great casting but my friend who is a massive Superman fan think it's terrible.It seems that she has divided option but I think she will be a great Lois Lane!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shes carved out a good hollywood rep for herself but i dont like it myself,shes not hot enough lol
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her , she's got a great range , will they darken her hair tho ?

They bloody better do. To me she will not be Lois Lane at all otherwise however well she plays the part.

I'm a bit gutted about her casting, actually. I was really hoping for Rachel McAdams who would have been absolutely perfect. At least it's not Kristen Stewart (who I like, but not for this) or some of the other names that were being banded about, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness it's not that mardy faced Twilight woman.

Made me laugh. I had to resort to an Urban Dictionary mind you, but it made me laugh.

New task for the day: Fit "mardy" into normal conversation.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ja88ed wrote: »
    Made me laugh. I had to resort to an Urban Dictionary mind you, but it made me laugh.

New task for the day: Fit "mardy" into normal conversation.

Tag the word ar*e on the end and you'll hit the ground running;):D

For example: Stop being such a mardy ar*e.

And now, so as not to derail the thread, I wonder if this Supes will have a cape and scundies on the outside? Looks great in comics, but live... not so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Shannon confirmed to be playing General Zod.

Excellent cast so far!
    Forum Member
    It seems like Zak Synder is going for good actors rather than big names which hopefully will turn out to be a good choice!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    General forum grumblings on other sites, bemoaning the lack of originality for this movie; 'Zod' - been there, done that.

Superman 2, though great, wasn't perfect due to its troubled production history. If this new movie can put an original spin (will we be seeing Non and Ursa?) on Zod and his possible cohorts, then this might be interesting.

As long as Zack Snyder can overcome his tag of 'all style and no substance', of course...
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not interested in seeing another Superman film even if its half decent. For me Superman was Christopher Reeve and thats it, I guess I come from that generation. Apart from that, he was so good in the role he can’t be topped IMO.

The last one did an interesting thing of basically trying to impersonate Reeve so it was more of a homage, but it still made me want to watch one of the old ones. Plus Hackman, how can you top his Lex? or Terrance Stamp as Zod?

I think they should leave it another 50 years but I guess younger people might disagree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    I’m not interested in seeing another Superman film even if its half decent. For me Superman was Christopher Reeve and thats it, I guess I come from that generation. Apart from that, he was so good in the role he can’t be topped IMO.

The last one did an interesting thing of basically trying to impersonate Reeve so it was more of a homage, but it still made me want to watch one of the old ones. Plus Hackman, how can you top his Lex? or Terrance Stamp as Zod?

I think they should leave it another 50 years but I guess younger people might disagree.

Agree with everything said here. Even if everyone in this new movie acts their chops off, it just won't be 'right' to me. Stamp was just such an awesome Zod, I just can't see anyone topping it. And Christopher Reeve was just so charismatic as both Superman and Clark.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain426 wrote: »
    Agree with everything said here. Even if everyone in this new movie acts their chops off, it just won't be 'right' to me. Stamp was just such an awesome Zod, I just can't see anyone topping it. And Christopher Reeve was just so charismatic as both Superman and Clark.

Zod - why do you say these things to me, when you know I will kill you for it :D