Castle Season 2 UK Pace

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
Is anyone else watching Castle season 2 on Alibi?
I think it's been really good so far and it will be good to see a full season of Castle after a very short season 1

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am - I like Nathan Fillion and someone recommended it to me and i'm glad i watched it from Episode 1.

I think they've managed to just about steer clear of becoming a bit cliched - where Castle suddenly gets a 'House'-style epiphany right at the end of the episode and it's case solved.

It's happened more than a few times mind, but still, it's a great show and i'm glad it's got a 3rd season as well - at least you know it's going somewhere.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really happy its back so soon.

Now, all we need, is Alibi to pick up White Collar, and I will be a very happy chappy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    I was just browsing the Amazon website - the kindle department, in hopes that I get one for Christmas - and I notice Richard Castle as an author for one of the books, then I noticed the title - Heat Wave.

Clicking on it I found out that it is the actual book that Richard Castle wrote in the series.

Just wondered if any fans have picked up the book and if they have did you enjoy it.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    I am really happy its back so soon.

Now, all we need, is Alibi to pick up White Collar, and I will be a very happy chappy.

Bravo currently have the rights but bearing in mind that BSkyB have announced they will be shutting that channel down it'll be moving to somewhere else
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy Castle and I do catch the episodes on Alibi. Mind you I couldn't resist watching them first via ... other means :o
  • joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone elses Sky+ stop recording Castle. It didn't appear on my plaaner the past couple of weeks and just assumed it had stopped for the xmas break a la Bones, LTM, etc. but noticed an ad for an episode last night that I don't recall seeing.

Upon checking the epsode guide online, it seems I've missed two eps!! :confused: :mad:
    Forum Member
    Did anyone elses Sky+ stop recording Castle. It didn't appear on my plaaner the past couple of weeks and just assumed it had stopped for the xmas break a la Bones, LTM, etc. but noticed an ad for an episode last night that I don't recall seeing.

Upon checking the epsode guide online, it seems I've missed two eps!! :confused: :mad:

Mine did the same, luckily I always double check, so when it didn't record last weeks Wednesday - I did a search and found that a new episode was on, so I recorded the Thursdays repeat at 8pm. And then re-established my series link on the following Wednesday.

So because my Sky box is so riddled with bugs that I double check everything it saved me missing the episodes.

This weeks episode is repeated on Sunday at 9pm and Monday at 8pm so then you will have only missed one episode. Unfortunately I can not find it on Sky Player or iTunes so wouldn't be able download the missed episode legally.
    Forum Member
    My Sky + EPG removed Castle from Series Link again luckily I caught it in time and managed to record the episode, but for those who have also missed it I thought I would mention that it is repeated tomorrow (Thursday) at 8pm hope no one else missed it though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking on the listings it seems the next new episode is on Weds 5th Jan with a double bill of episodes 17 and 18 of series 2 'Tick Tick Tick' and then 'Boom'

Does anyhow know what's happened to episodes 15 and 16? Or are Alibi coming show them out of order? :rolleyes:
  • saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redkate wrote: »
    Looking on the listings it seems the next new episode is on Weds 5th Jan with a double bill of episodes 17 and 18 of series 2 'Tick Tick Tick' and then 'Boom'

Does anyhow know what's happened to episodes 15 and 16? Or are Alibi coming show them out of order? :rolleyes:

I think they want to start the new year with a big, hence the big two partner 'event'.

Ruddy annoying actually.
  • Caveman643Caveman643 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I will Sky+ them and watch them in the correct order then. Why do TV companies mess around with episodes like this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    To anyone who has missed any Castle, alibi are marathoning it over tonight and tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't have been the only one who guessed who the murderer was in the last pre-Christmas episode right from the start
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I can't have been the only one who guessed who the murderer was in the last pre-Christmas episode right from the start

you werent :p
    the guy's face gave it away when they went to id the body.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    you werent :p
    the guy's face gave it away when they went to id the body.

Whenever I watch an police show, my default opinion is always that the wife/husband/family member did it :)
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have a theory about the killers in Castle:
    It's usually the first person they question

Not always true, but true much more often than not!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    VideoTapir wrote: »
    I have a theory about the killers in Castle:
    It's usually the first person they question

Not always true, but true much more often than not!

Also if someone breaks down in tears when after being told a family member/friend/business partner has been killed then 9 times out of 10 they are the murderer but that goes for all police/detective shows
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I watch an police show, my default opinion is always that the wife/husband/family member did it :)

also cos it tends to be true in real life.
  • saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the season 2 boxset from Santa!!! and 'Naked Heat'.
    And unlike a certain tv channel I can think of, I'm going to watch them in the right order...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    also cos it tends to be true in real life.

Apparently sometimes if the police think a family member has done away with someone they hold a public press conference with their "suspect" in the hopes that they will trip up in some way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redkate wrote: »

These episodes are unmissable! :D
  • chuzhuchichechuzhuchiche Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    saxy wrote: »
    I got the season 2 boxset from Santa!!! and 'Naked Heat'.
    And unlike a certain tv channel I can think of, I'm going to watch them in the right order...

Coming somewhat late to the debate, we were away over Christmas and so I missed what I thought was the last episode shown pre-Christmas, The Third Man where the squatter is found dead when the family come back from being away. Am I correct in stating that Alibi are skipping (for the moment) episodes 15 and 16 of season two and going to start post-Christmas with episodes 17 and 18?

I'm just trying to establish if they're showing them out of order or if they showed some new episodes over Christmas that I was not expecting. I assume from your post that it is the former.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming somewhat late to the debate, we were away over Christmas and so I missed what I thought was the last episode shown pre-Christmas, The Third Man where the squatter is found dead when the family come back from being away. Am I correct in stating that Alibi are skipping (for the moment) episodes 15 and 16 of season two and going to start post-Christmas with episodes 17 and 18?

I'm just trying to establish if they're showing them out of order or if they showed some new episodes over Christmas that I was not expecting. I assume from your post that it is the former.

i think its a two parter this week as its a double bill but i am not sure which number they are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I have Castle on Series Link on my Sky+ and the last episode it recorded was #14 The Third Man so I'm assuming, as seems to be recieved wisdom that they are skipping #15 and 16 to go straight onto the 2-parter #17/18.

It might be worth dropping an e-mail to Alibi
  • chuzhuchichechuzhuchiche Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Still on old technology (which means a VCR that has broken) but it was not hard to find the missing episode on youtube in three sections. I was being a little lazy/unimaginative earlier and could have answered my own question. All that's needed is to check Alibi's website which indicates they will be showing 2:17 and 2:18 this Wednesday to kick off the New Year and a check of their schedule shows 2:15 for Weds Jan 12th too. It looks like they are just trying to kick off the New Year with a "big event". Unless there is any dramatic change in the Castle/Beckett dynamic (seems unlikely), the changed episode order may not affect any storylines but it is a minor irritant.