Castle Season 2 UK Pace

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Still on old technology (which means a VCR that has broken) but it was not hard to find the missing episode on youtube in three sections. I was being a little lazy/unimaginative earlier and could have answered my own question. All that's needed is to check Alibi's website which indicates they will be showing 2:17 and 2:18 this Wednesday to kick off the New Year and a check of their schedule shows 2:15 for Weds Jan 12th too. It looks like they are just trying to kick off the New Year with a "big event". Unless there is any dramatic change in the Castle/Beckett dynamic (seems unlikely), the changed episode order may not affect any storylines but it is a minor irritant.

I would imagine that Alibi would have made sure that nothing major happens arc-wise in 15 and 16 before they decided to show 17 and 18 first
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Only just managed to find this thread in time!
    My sky box chucked Castle off after episode 11 - the one with the art gallery and the guy with amnesia and I assumed it was for Christmas but little did I know it was just Sky being Sky.
    Luckily I managed to reseries link it for tomorrows episode.

Can anyone give me a brief summary of what I have missed in episodes 12-14? Just incase anything vital has happened before tomorrows episode.

Thanks!
  • chuzhuchichechuzhuchiche Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    If you want very brief episode summaries then IMDB has some.

IMDB episode list

Episode 13 is perhaps the most relevant since they found out who killed Beckett's mother. However, what they also found out was that it was a "hit" and they don't know who ordered it.

You can find most of the relevant episodes on youtube. Normally they're in at least three sections. However the best option is to search for the episode title, as in "castle the third man" etc. Otherwise you end up with lots of hits that are people advertising the fact that you can watch the episodes on their particular website etc.

I missed episode 14 and watched it on youtube to catch up. There is some good Castle/Beckett interaction in that one where Beckett finds out Castle has been asked out and goes to Lanie to find herself a date. It's not a particularly intellectually taxing show but it does seem to have a very good ensemble cast and the interactions between them are invariably good.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one following Castle at the UK pace. I've nearly finished the Naked Heat book too. It's been a good read so far.
    Forum Member
    My sky box chucked Castle off after episode 11 - the one with the art gallery and the guy with amnesia and I assumed it was for Christmas but little did I know it was just Sky being Sky.
    Luckily I managed to reseries link it for tomorrows episode.

Forgot to mention here that there are two episodes being shown tonight, one after the other. I don't know how your Sky box works but I thought it was worth mentioning this just in case.
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to mention here that there are two episodes being shown tonight, one after the other. I don't know how your Sky box works but I thought it was worth mentioning this just in case.

Thanks for that. Will check to see my Sky+ box picks up the series link this time!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad I read about the two-parter tonight as the V+ box failed to pick it up and i set it manually.

GREAT episodes - would like to see Dana Delany's FBI agent back again at some point.

Did laugh when Castle burst in to Beckett's apartment to find her naked in the bath :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow last nights episodes were epic!

i was just going to watch the 1st one and then watch greys but no way was i turning over after the end of the 1st one!!

also my sky box decided not to record the 2nd part last night but it is recording it tonight - weird
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoroughly confused about how Alibi has aired this season of Castle, the episode order and the like, think I've missed at least one somewhere along the line! :confused:

BUT last nights episode were really great, it was a nice departure from the usual formula and although obviously we knew Castle and Beckett would somehow save the day it was still quite a tense storyline.
    Some very funny moments as well, I particularly liked Becketts line,

'What with your vast arsenal of rapier wit?' :D
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Thoroughly confused about how Alibi has aired this season of Castle
    So am I...last night was episode 17 & 18, next week, it's ep 15, the one that should have been on last night.
    Someone said it was so they could have a BIG opening show for the new year, and I guess it was....best one of this season.

Stana Katic...;)

:cool:
    Forum Member
    Maysles wrote: »
    Thoroughly confused about how Alibi has aired this season of Castle, the episode order and the like, think I've missed at least one somewhere along the line! :confused:

The season has, as far as I can recall been fine up to this last week when they decided to skip ahead by two episodes. I can only surmise this was an attempt to create a "New Year Event" to gain some publicity. I can't really see any reason for it otherwise. On Wednesday they're hopping back to episode 2:15 the one that should have been shown after "The Third Man" where the squatter was found dead in bed and Castle was on the Most Eligible Bachelor list. In general there don't tend to be story arcs running through the series too much and so I suppose that makes it a bit easier for them to alter the order. The only things that might disrupt this would be if any of the main protagonists are involved in any kind of romantic liaison but other than Martha and Chet, there's not much going on at the moment (save for the usual heavy flirting...).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check for clashes. The series links are being messed with too.

l recorded the double episode Wednesday, but part one was recorded, but rather than record part two that followed, it went in for the following day.

So part two was recorded Thursday, the next episode then linked to Sunday, rather than the original Wednesday that l have set.
  • GreenJadeDragonGreenJadeDragon Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig wrote: »
    Check for clashes. The series links are being messed with too.

l recorded the double episode Wednesday, but part one was recorded, but rather than record part two that followed, it went in for the following day.

So part two was recorded Thursday, the next episode then linked to Sunday, rather than the original Wednesday that l have set.

Yes my box has done that too. I'm glad i'm not the only one, i thought mine had gone all screwy and missed 2.15 & 2.16, but if they're just messing woth the order lets hope they remember to put them back in.

looked at the Alibi site, there's even a question on their forum as to 'are you going to show the missing eps'.

No answer though.
  • saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Castle Renewed for 4th Season!!! :D

http://www.accesshollywood.com/abc-renews-v-castle-nbc-green-lights-chuck-for-season-4_article_32363

I'm being quite naughty and watching season 3 on youtoob at the moment, theres no way they could not renew it. It gets better and better and I wish Alibi would stop messing around with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news that it's got a 4th Season, Have to wonder what Alibi will do - will they go straight from Season 2 to 3 so we won't have so long to wait until Season 4 ?

Or will we have to wait and potentially be a year, or more, behind?

Either way it's good news. Just hope they don't succumb to temptation and have Castle and Beckett get together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    According to the Sky listings one of the missing episodes - 2x15 "Suicide Squeeze" - is being aired on Alibi tomorrow night at 9pm. I'm assuming that the other missing episode 2x16 "The Mistress Always Spanks Twice" will be aired next week.

All Alibi have done is move a couple of episodes out of order - airing 2x17 and 2x18 before 2x15 and 2x16. Once that's sorted out everything will be back to normal. They haven't done anything else wrong as far as I can see.
  • CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Tracy wrote: »
    According to the Sky listings one of the missing episodes - 2x15 "Suicide Squeeze" - is being aired on Alibi tomorrow night at 9pm. I'm assuming that the other missing episode 2x16 "The Mistress Always Spanks Twice" will be aired next week.

l've just checked Digiguide and you're correct, 2x16 is airing next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Just Tracy wrote: »

All Alibi have done is move a couple of episodes out of order - airing 2x17 and 2x18 before 2x15 and 2x16. Once that's sorted out everything will be back to normal. They haven't done anything else wrong as far as I can see.

No they haven't done anything else wrong. Too be honest I wasn't too fussed about the episode move around - I can see that they wanted to bring the show in with a bang and the two parter was a good way of doing that. The episodes are quite standalone so the episodes can be messed around a little without confusion.

There will only be things out of place if they mention her flat I suppose :)
  • saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news that it's got a 4th Season, Have to wonder what Alibi will do - will they go straight from Season 2 to 3 so we won't have so long to wait until Season 4 ?

Or will we have to wait and potentially be a year, or more, behind?

Either way it's good news. Just hope they don't succumb to temptation and have Castle and Beckett get together.

They're half way through showing season 3 in the US, so its about evens, as season 2 finishes here, season 3 should just be ending over there.

But I bet they'll make us wait... boxsets ahoy-oy!
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great that this show has been renewed.

But, as we poor mortals at UK pace are only on season 2, I dont have great hopes for seeing season 3 before 2012.:eek:

Now, if only Alibi would buy the rights to White Collar.....:cry:
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »

But, as we poor mortals at UK pace are only on season 2, I dont have great hopes for seeing season 3 before 2012.:eek:

I've added White Collar to my Sky Never Miss just in case it randomly crops up on another channel. I'll be gutted though if it never sees the light of day again :(
  • petestanpetestan Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »

JoTaylor wrote: »
    I've added White Collar to my Sky Never Miss just in case it randomly crops up on another channel. I'll be gutted though if it never sees the light of day again :(

Another fan of white collar here, hopefully it will appear on sky living if not sky atlantic.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    petestan wrote: »
    Another fan of white collar here, hopefully it will appear on sky living if not sky atlantic.

Deleted
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    You should hear me say "fallacious".
    ....;)

:cool: