Who Is The All Time Most Annoying Candidate?

bikinibikini Posts: 166
Forum Member
I think Sieed was just soooo annoying. Stuart Baggs is too because he is so big headed yet naive.And who remembers Tre?
And a bloke called Paul in series one was such a pratt.
But for me who can ever forget the infuriating Saira Khan? She just rubbed everyone up the wrong way and never shut up.
Who do others remember as been so stupid and annoying yet entertaining?

Comments

• RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart deffo, and that Rory dude!
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Torresi, without a doubt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Jo Cameron for a long time for me. But then she was surpassed by Jenny C and Sophocles. Philip was also quite annoying, imho.
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Syed Ahmed, Paul Torrisi and Tre Azam were just some of my favourites :D

The ones who annoyed me were:

Jo Cameron (series two)
    Sharon McAllister (series two)
    Katie Hopkins (series three)
    Paul Callaghan (series three)
    Jenny Celerier (series four)
    Helene Speight (series four)
    Phillip Taylor (series five)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophocles gets my vote. He stayed for so long you'd think he had some embarrassing photos of Sugar. The annoying thing was he knew he was talentless and was just playing it for as long as he could. As was Katie H, but she wasn't talentless, just vicious and cynical.

Saira and Paul's fights got me hooked on this damn show lol.
    Syed was in his own little reality and you could marvel at that.
    Lucinda annoyed me by her attitude. Jenny C didn't as she was just deluded. As were Phillip and Ben if they thoght they could win (and they were funny). Only Melissa has annoyed me this series. Though more annoyed with the program makers for putting her through.

Nick annoys me for coming up with obvious sound bites for the public. And snotting about trival things just to heighten the drama. Give up Nick, people will always love Margaret more :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Tercet2 wrote: »
    Sophocles gets my vote. He stayed for so long you'd think he had some embarrassing photos of Sugar. The annoying thing was he knew he was talentless and was just playing it for as long as he could. As was Katie H, but she wasn't talentless, just vicious and cynical.

Saira and Paul's fights got me hooked on this damn show lol.
    Syed was in his own little reality and you could marvel at that.
    Lucinda annoyed me by her attitude. Jenny C didn't as she was just deluded. As were Phillip and Ben if they thoght they could win (and they were funny). Only Melissa has annoyed me this series. Though more annoyed with the program makers for putting her through.

Nick annoys me for coming up with obvious sound bites for the public. And snotting about trival things just to heighten the drama. Give up Nick, people will always love Margaret more :p

Oh yeah, I've already forgotten about Melissa lol :D. She was irritating, but she pales in comparsion to Sophocles though. :)

Nick I think is trying to work overtime with his expressions, as a large part of the Sugar adviser comedy value vanished when Margaret left. ;)
  • bikinibikini Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah I forgot about the "good Jewish boy" who didn't know the difference between kosha and halal meat!!
    He reminded Sugar of himself when he started out and Sugar had a soft spot for him. I always remember him with the sports car in Portebello market, he he he.
    But Misses Khan has to be the most annoying for me.
    Has anyone noticed that the winner is never a mouthy one. He never hires the argumentative ones yet they never learn.
    Am I alone in watching and thinking I could win it but my CV would let me down as I have travelled and studied etc and Sugar likes those who have worked since school and sold things from their pram. But do others watch and think they could win?
    You need to muck in, have a sense of humour and NEVER be mouthy or arrogant as all previous winners have been rather quiet and a little bland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Paul Tulip for me - utterly hateful
    Sophocles and Celeriac not much better!
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I do it on the basis of who provoked the biggest ratio of me getting wound up to what they actually did, it'd have to be Paul Tulip. Not that he was a nice person particularly, but my reaction to everything he did was always overblown, just cause he was that annoying. Sharon from that series was also pretty bad for that. Obviously I've mellowed since then.

Honourable mention to Jenny Celery for making me like Lucinda for all of about a week. Took some doing.
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex I'm 24 and I've got a crap surname Wotherspoon, Phillip spunk-stained-pants man Taylor, Michael C'MOOOOON total utter wan*er Sophocles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    bikini wrote: »
    But for me who can ever forget the infuriating Saira Khan? She just rubbed everyone up the wrong way and never shut up.

I agree. She was the most irritating candidate ever. I can't believe she lasted as long as she did: she deserved to be fired for being so spectacularly offensive to the people at that football club.

There have been several irritants since: Katie Hopkins in series 3, Helene Speight in series 4, Ben Clarke in series 5, but none of them have been in the same league as Saira Khan for sheer consistency in being annoying.

And it's very interesting how non-annoying the candidates in series 2 were.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny Celerier
    Helene
    Alex Wotherspoon
    Lee

Series 4 produced some vile characters.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex from series 4.

He was a sly shit.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    From each series there was always at least one person who drove me to despair and I prayed each week they would get fired:
    1: Paul Torrisi
    2: Paul Tulip
    3: Katie Hopkins
    4: Jenny Celerier, Alex Wotherspoon
    5: Philip Taylor
    6: Melissa Cohen

Not sure who I found the worst though, the firing that made me do the biggest cheer was when Philip was fired so maybe it was him. ;)
  • LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    For me Alex Wotherspoon, Pantsman and (after this week's episode) Stubags.

Though in fairness to Stubags everything that annoys me about him can be attributed to the fact that he's a 21 year old bloke - in time he'll probably be bearable. Phil had no such excuse.

There have been more obviously annoying characters - Sophocles, Ben, Melissa - but at least these guys were amusing as well as annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I have to go for Michael simply because he survived for so damn long despite being in the boardroom 4 times in a row.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex and Michael, both from series 4. In fact, most of the candidates from series 4 could compete for this title.

"Honourable" mentions to Jenny C, Helene and Lee - again, all from series 4!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Alex I'm 24 and I've got a crap surname Wotherspoon, Phillip spunk-stained-pants man Taylor, Michael C'MOOOOON total utter wan*er Sophocles.

Oh yeah almost forgot about Alex who had to remind us every 2.4 minutes that he's 24. It was funny when Adiran Chiles on You're Fired said to the female guest that Alex and Lee must be the totty for the women this series, and she said "no just Lee, someone who takes responsibility for his actions"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex (24 years old) from series 4. Just thinking about that stupid smirk of his whilst he constantly chewed his mouth off now is making me annoyed. At least the likes of stubaggs and Sophocles were entertaining, Alex on the other hand had all the personality of a paper bag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though in fairness to Stubags everything that annoys me about him can be attributed to the fact that he's a 21 year old bloke

So if he got drunk and then went off in his car and ran someone over and killed them it would be ok because hes a 21 year old bloke?
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    So if he got drunk and then went off in his car and ran someone over and killed them it would be ok because hes a 21 year old bloke?

How on Earth did you make that leap? :confused::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    How on Earth did you make that leap? :confused::eek:

i was taking the piss, i'm just sick to death of all this age stuff. yeah hes 21 years old, hes not 21 months old is he:rolleyes:
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Candidates can be annoying in different ways. The most annoying in a "God, I hate this candidate's guts" way was Jenny C. The most annoying in a "What a clueless knob" way was Syed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Nobody has mentioned Ben the <Sandhurst> northern Irish gimp!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody has mentioned Ben the <Sandhurst> northern Irish gimp!

Ben: "I had a scholarship for Sandhurst!"
    Pantsman: "Oh right, did you go?"
    Ben: "...No."
    Pantsman: :rolleyes:

:D:D:D