advice for surround sound

hi folks wondering if anyone can help me with advice on what system to look out for. im looking for a surround sound system that i can plug my ps3 xbox 360 and sky into all at once without having to mess around switching cables every time i use each device. i was looking at the alba as122 3.1 but i dont know if i plug it into back of tv with red and white cables if i will get sound through all devices or need to mess about swapping cables for each device. help!! lol

Comments

• Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Onkyo308 surround system is an amazing piece of kit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    thanks for the heads-up but im working to a budget of about 200 quid for everything
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For that amount you may struggle to find a system that will let you do what you want. That is all in one territory and they generally lack connectivity so it can be a nightmare plugging all the bits of kit you have into it without needing some form of external switch.

Though more expensive a "proper" AV receiver has all the connections you could need to plug everything up and make life a load easier. I've just spotted that Richer Sounds are doing the amazing Onkyo 3305 system for 230 quid. A bargain for a real AV system.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts3305/onky-hts3305-blk

You could do a whole lot worse but I doubt you'd better that system at the price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    deffo going to look at that system ive been told u plug the ps3 xbox 360 and sky hd connections into back of it as inputs and use a 4th hdmi cable as a output very simple setup