Unique quirks your pet has

2»

Comments

• CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both my cats like to drink their water out of a flask cup (ones that go on top of a flask :D) on the side of the bath and the one likes to have the water running from the bath tap and sometimes sticks his tongue in or will put his paw in and lick the water off it.

I can get both of my Cat's to sit when I give them a treat and one to give me his paw and also guess what hand I have biscuit treats in, well he doesn't always get it right but he touches either hand.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JS477 wrote: »
    My cat Harry sometimes sleeps on his back with his legs in the air!!

Our cat does this, either that or whilst curled up in a ball she'll cover her eyes with her paw.
    Another thing she enjoys doing is having a cat nap in the bath tub.
  • dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Maddy doesnt go out as such but on occasions I let her out for a *roll* :D . Where she rolls over and over on her back meowing away...I'm always there though and bring her back after she has eaten some grass......but! when I do washing,she will go straight to the back door and meow and look at me, she knows I'm going in the garden to hang the washing out.....:D Ahh but sometimes I've had to use the dryer....:D
  • LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My aunt's Pekinese sits and barks at her after she has her mid morning coffee and doesn't stop until my aunt goes upstairs to use the toilet! :D

I don't know if this is common but when my dog used to get an upset tummy, he'd whine until you sat outside with him, dig a hole, be sick and then bury it again. He couldn't do the deed until you were outside with him.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    My parents cat licks your toes, he will also let you use him as a foot rest you can't rest to heavily though, he will also lie slap bang in the middle of the room on his back with his legs in the air and will happily fall asleep like that and he snores aways quite loudly. He also cross his front paws when he lies on his front. he's a Maine Coone so a bit of a clown. the other two like nothing better than sleeping plant pots doesn't matter if there are plants in there or not.

My cat will come and sit on my lap when I get back after work and am sitting on the sofa reading the paper. She will also run around the house like a complete lunatic, yowling away chasing what we call ghosts (ansolutely nothing really) and then she will go and sit on her cushion as if nothing has happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I've got two dogs, Chloe my Lab has an alter ego - she's unzipped a laptop bag and taken out some sandwiches before.

Mia, my Rottie, has this dance she does when she has an itch. She sort of bounces from one end to the other with her backend curving round, it's a bit like a hip hop / breakdance sort of thing. Really weird, but v funny.
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my Flo wants feeding she lets you know by going to find one of the strips we've previously torn off the top of a food sachet, usually from a used box that we keep in the utility room for convenience and empty every night, and she'll carry it into whichever room we are and poke it under the rug, then "stalk" it as if it was prey, to get our attention. If we see her digging around under a rug you can bet your life if we lift it up there will be a torn-off sachet strip there.

Our big cat Gus is an affectionate but stubborn old boy and tends to get under our feet A LOT for attention, especially in the kitchen when we're cooking, until we trip over him. Then if we go to pick him up to move him, he flattens himself right down onto the floor with no space around him so we can't fit our fingers underneath him - and he's a huge lump too so it's almost impossible to budge him. He gets really grumpy and tries to bite us if we try - although he doesn't really mean it because it's very gentle biting even if it is accompanied by a lot of grumbling noises!

You've gotta love them. :D
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr354/MAW_101/DTV/13032011159.jpg

Leo does this every morning. He wants his tummy brushed. OH is only too happy to oblige:D
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    My cat Harry sometimes sleeps on his back with his legs in the air!!

Lola never curls up neatly like my other cats did. None of this "broody hen" pose or cuddling her back legs and tail or paws over face.

No...

...not my cat.

This

is

Lola... :D

She cracks me up. Bwahahaha! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of our old dogs, Bloo, used to absolutely love towels that had been wrapped around your hair. He would stalk you around the house until you either gave him the towel, or he found an opportunity to pull it off your head! Then he'd put it on the floor and start rolling on it. We weren't sure if it was a comfort thing and he liked the smell or something.

Sadly he passed away in December and it's still very strange to actually be able to keep a towel on my hair for as long as I want after I've had a shower/bath.