Forza 4

Comments

• wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    anyone replaying forza 3 until forza 4 is out been playing it for the last few nights and its still a great game and hope the new game continues where 3 finished.

i just love the car experience leveling up to get cheaper upgrades on my cars and fiddling with the paint and decals option.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yeah, the paint and decal side of Forza is flat out incredible. I avoided it for many years as I felt it was over complicated and you needed a lot of time and artistic talent to get anything from it, and while that may be true to some extent I only recently discovered the online decal marketplace where you can buy other people's designs from within the game.

There is pretty much everything you could want, I designed an N64 and Perfect Dark themed car (with dataDyne logo's the lot) by using other peoples decals, it still leaves a lot of room for your own creativity and how you design the car, that's what I love about it.

I love personalising the cars now and I can only imagine how good it's going to be in Forza 4 with the auto vista mode!
  • archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm personally never that fussed about new tracks as it's really only casual players who worry about that sort of thing (same with the amount of cars) as there is already a huge track roster in the game, you don't need too many new ones tbh, it kind of annoys me that people are always wanting more, or something different. Forza fans want to race on familiar tracks; tracks they've put a lot of time and energy into mastering, I know it's obvious but you can't race properly without knowing a track like the back of your hand in the first place.
    For me, getting to know the tracks was the best part, so I'm looking forward to the new ones more than anything else. I really hope that road the Top Gear team dubbed the best road in the world - Transfagrason Road (something like that) is in. It looks like it from the trailers and rumours I've seen/heard. My current favourite is Rally di Positano and I'm mostly driving an F class Porsche 550 with an amazingly grippy set up. Needs more power up the hills though, so E class and beyond, with the same car, next. I can drive it clean and quite fast right up to R1s which are pretty hard work around there. :)
    wod1 wrote: »
    anyone replaying forza 3 until forza 4 is out been playing it for the last few nights and its still a great game and hope the new game continues where 3 finished.

i just love the car experience leveling up to get cheaper upgrades on my cars and fiddling with the paint and decals option.
    I did paint the wheels on one of my cars once, but that's about as far as I went. I'd remove the paint if I thought I could get closer to some of the walls without spoiling a lap. :)
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 51 days to go:) and they have announced the hummer:).

16 player hummers cruising around tskuba lol

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/4709133/ShowThread.aspx
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    Only 51 days to go:) and they have announced the hummer:).

16 player hummers cruising around tskuba lol

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/4709133/ShowThread.aspx

Count me out of that! I wanna see some R1 news!

I agree regarding learning new tracks, it would get boring just having the same tracks upscaled with every new launch of the game. Half the skill/fun is working out the perfect line round a track and nailing it to perfection. There's tonnes of new tracks I'd love to see in there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definetly no porche for forza 4, ea have blocked it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-25-ea-blocks-forza-4-getting-porsche

There is not that many weeks left so here is hoping that they start announcing more tracks per week as well.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Tracks/TrackList.aspx

Think they teased that the next track reveal was the return of an old friend. Dont think anyone knows if this means an old track from forza 1 making a comeback or if it is indy. Thursdays seem to be there big reveal day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definetly no porche for forza 4, ea have blocked it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-25-ea-blocks-forza-4-getting-porsche
    That sucks. Maybe EA !Sports will change their minds and we'll get them as DLC later. I quite like the Caman and the Spyder more recently. Plenty of other choice though, so it won't make much difference.

Don't tell Turn 10, but I'd still buy it even if it was just one new long track like the Bavarian Alps!

But I really really want this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd1DokzWa2A
  • bob fossilbob fossil Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anybody give me some info on the limited edition version of this. I don't know one end of an xbox from the other but I am getting one for a birthday present for someone. I know he really wants this game and thought the limited edition version would be nice.

I want to pre-order it now but am a bit confused that it says" You will need Xbox LIVE GOLD membership in order to access your bonus item ( If you don't have Xbox LIVE GOLD membership you can buy it now ). Please ensure that the email address in Your Account is valid before preordering. Your bonus item will be emailed to you on the release of Forza 4

Obviously I have an e-mail account but there won't be an Xbox live gold membership until 27th October which is the birthday. Will this cause any problems as far as getting the bonus car is involved?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope it makes sense and please bear in mind I'm an old git who doesn't understand these new fangled contraptions :)
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    bob fossil wrote: »
    Can anybody give me some info on the limited edition version of this. I don't know one end of an xbox from the other but I am getting one for a birthday present for someone. I know he really wants this game and thought the limited edition version would be nice.

I want to pre-order it now but am a bit confused that it says" You will need Xbox LIVE GOLD membership in order to access your bonus item ( If you don't have Xbox LIVE GOLD membership you can buy it now ). Please ensure that the email address in Your Account is valid before preordering. Your bonus item will be emailed to you on the release of Forza 4

Obviously I have an e-mail account but there won't be an Xbox live gold membership until 27th October which is the birthday. Will this cause any problems as far as getting the bonus car is involved?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope it makes sense and please bear in mind I'm an old git who doesn't understand these new fangled contraptions :)

I think it means you must have an xbox live gold membership when you want to download the bonus cars. So the easiest way would to get him gold membership on his birthday, once that is done then download all the bonus stuff.

Make sense? Think that is is correct:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, the bit that worried me was the email address in Your Account is valid before preordering
    I didn't know if this was an existing e-mail address or one that will be specifically for the Xbox Live Gold thingy
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    bob fossil wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, the bit that worried me was the email address in Your Account is valid before preordering
    I didn't know if this was an existing e-mail address or one that will be specifically for the Xbox Live Gold thingy

Ok. Just reread it again. When you order the game you will need a valid email address as it will email you the receipt to confirm your order. This will be the same email address that GAME will send the bonus cars code to you.

You will then need to a gold membership on the xbox to redeem the code that GAME will email you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks again, you're a star
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitler is understandably disappointed by the lack of Porsche cars in Forza 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHuogbTewBo&feature=related

One of the Alta Vista cars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=341lrBMKr38&hd=1

Sadly, it's Alta Vista only. That roof mounted accessory would have been useful on the track. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's called Autovista.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what will be everyones starter car? oh the choices:D

2011 Ford Ka

2011 Chevrolet Spark

2011 Citroen C1

2011 Nissan Micra

2011 Peugeot 107

2011 Toyota Aygo

2011 Vauxhall Agila

2011 Volkswagen Fox

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4776593.aspx

I was looking at the list and thinking citreon, but for the sake of leveling up the car manufactures i will probably go with the nissan micra or ford ka.
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

2011 Ford Ka

2011 Chevrolet Spark

2011 Citroen C1

2011 Nissan Micra

2011 Peugeot 107

2011 Toyota Aygo

2011 Vauxhall Agila

2011 Volkswagen Fox

I was looking at the list and thinking citreon, but for the sake of leveling up the car manufactures i will probably go with the nissan micra or ford ka.

I'll wait and see what freebies I get from the LCE pack but from reading the 'Under The Hood' discussions on the FM site I'll be getting gifted cars due to my complete Fm3 profile. The level 1 car gifted is the Abrath 500, so chances I'll pick that over the above choices, better handing all round and a pokey little thing, or even the Focus RS if it'll let us stretch that far in the first few rounds. I think the first thing I'll realistically do though is just have a look around all the different modes, ingame and replay etc. I'll probably start off with quick thrash round Le Sarthe and the new Silverstone layout before checking how much they've changed the replay/photography modes. After a week of messing around exploring and racing online I'll then head into the single career mode and finish that.

Latest under the hood here: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

2011 Ford Ka

2011 Chevrolet Spark

2011 Citroen C1

2011 Nissan Micra

2011 Peugeot 107

2011 Toyota Aygo

2011 Vauxhall Agila

2011 Volkswagen Fox

Probably go for the Nissan Micra. That's my car in real life (although a 1998 model) and its always served me well!
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I might go with the Ford if it earns discounts on parts for other US car makers or the Nissan for cheaper Skyline and GT-R parts later in the game.

Other than that I'll go with the "gift" car if its clearly thrashing the opposition and capable of earning the big bucks without masses being spent on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will the Focus RS 500 be in this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The demo is coming 3rd oct, so long away:)

What does everyone think about the season pass?

Forza Motorsport 4 will offer a season pass, Microsoft has announced.

The offer will cover the cost of six downloadable content packs to be released from November until April 2012.

Priced at 2,400 Microsoft Points (£20.50 / $30), it represents a 30% saving when compared to buying each pack individually.

Buying the season pass will also provide the American Muscle car pack as an additional bonus.

Also announced is the addition of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, one of the world's most iconic tracks and home of the Indianapolis 500.

A demo of Forza Motorsport 4 will be available from October 3 for Xbox Live Gold subscribers and October 7 for all other users.

Is anyone else tempted to cancel there lce pre order and buy the standard edt + the season pass instead?
  • TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really looking forward to Forza Motorsport 4 but I am unsure which version to preorder.

I am tempted by the limited edition version but is it really worth the extra cost or should I just get the standard version?

http://www.game.co.uk/en/forza-motorsport-4-limited-edition-138325?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=10223&attributeName1=Genre&attributeValue1=4294966320

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/18029484/-/Product.html
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they added weather effects and day/night like PGR has yet?
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I believe the answer is no.

I remember seeing an interview with one of the designers when they were saying they couldn't get wet weather tyre data from all the manufacturers and that being one of the reasons why weather effects weren't included.

Probably just corporate speak for "to complicated to do on the 360".
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the answer is no.

I remember seeing an interview with one of the designers when they were saying they couldn't get wet weather tyre data from all the manufacturers and that being one of the reasons why weather effects weren't included.

Probably just corporate speak for "to complicated to do on the 360".

TBH, the night racing and weather effects are the only thing Gran Turismo still has left over Forza going by these amazing videos I have seen.

The Top Gear interaction with Forza 4 is so much better than GT.

I couldn't wait for GT5 and I felt let down, now I am really excited for Forza 4. Can't wait for it.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, the night racing and weather effects are the only thing Gran Turismo still has left over Forza going by these amazing videos I have seen.

The Top Gear interaction with Forza 4 is so much better than GT.

I couldn't wait for GT5 and I felt let down, now I am really excited for Forza 4. Can't wait for it.

Agree about GT5 been a disappointment.

Never played any Forza except a demo of Forza 3, Forza 4 looks to good to pass up on. Mind I thought that about GT5.