Options

Emmerdaily 22/8/11 – Amy’s Choice

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually have a good memory for these things (its usually the important things I forget) so i'm fairly certain that David bought the shop for Layla, during that complicated business following his running for office, the Wylde empire crashing down, Layla's dalliance with Nathan over stolen shoes and Nathan attempt to blackmail David with that council official. Somewhere amongst all that David bought the shop and showed that Layla wasn't whiter than white. She fact that she slept with her sisters husband,abondoned their child then tried to snatch him back and spent almost her entire time in Emmerdale lying about various things also shows she was capable of stealing from her own business or being totally incompetant in running it.

Wasn't David running the rarely mentioned cleaning business from the upstairs office, he seemed to stop checking Layla's books after a while, what a mistake that was. Whats the betting that David is dumb enough to sell the Cleaning Business to shore up the shop, the same shop that didn't make any money for the Wyldes and g ot Layla into terrible debt and which no one goes into.

Hm SID which part of my post did you think I was joking or being deadly serious.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By rights Nathan should own it- he was a very generous blackmailer :D

LOL!

And I forgot to say TA! to you and sheepie for giving my alternative scene the thumbs up - but with dialogue like that I'm never going to make a scriptwriter :D
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    I usually have a good memory for these things (its usually the important things I forget) so i'm fairly certain that David bought the shop for Layla, during that complicated business following his running for office, the Wylde empire crashing down, Layla's dalliance with Nathan over stolen shoes and Nathan attempt to blackmail David with that council official. Somewhere amongst all that David bought the shop and showed that Layla wasn't whiter than white. She fact that she slept with her sisters husband,abondoned their child then tried to snatch him back and spent almost her entire time in Emmerdale lying about various things also shows she was capable of stealing from her own business or being totally incompetant in running it.

Wasn't David running the rarely mentioned cleaning business from the upstairs office, he seemed to stop checking Layla's books after a while, what a mistake that was. Whats the betting that David is dumb enough to sell the Cleaning Business to shore up the shop, the same shop that didn't make any money for the Wyldes and g ot Layla into terrible debt and which no one goes into.

Hm SID which part of my post did you think I was joking or being deadly serious.

Thanks for all that Kwynne. I often forget things like this being much more interested in the characters and what they're getting up to.

And I agree, on the face of it Leyla seemed a decent person but she had many, many flaws and wasn't all that noble.

And yes, David's logic in getting rid of a thriving cleaning business (even if it is off screen) seems a bit odd :confused: Talk about throwing good money after bad eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not like this thread hasn't told Layla and David that no one ever goes into the shop on many many occasions, you would think they might listen to us sometimes wouldn't you:D:D:D:D:D:D.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »

If I told you that, it'd spoil all the fun :D

(By the way, I was speaking of your posts generally as opposed to that specific one!)
  • Options
    JohnMc1JohnMc1 Posts: 943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Well I said that and I assure you that I'm neither silly or ignorant. And I never said they thought they were better than the show, just that they think the grass is greener.

I don't think these views make me ignorant or stupid.

So you think they should stay with the show and not branch out and find different and diverse roles so they're not typecasted as a certain character?

I wasn't addressing you specifically. That general attitude has come up on this forum alot when an actor decides to move on from the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Sid most often i'm somewhere between joking and deadly serious:):):).
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    So you think they should stay with the show and not branch out and find different and diverse roles so they're not typecasted as a certain character?

I wasn't addressing you specifically. That general attitude has come up on this forum alot when an actor decides to move on from the show.

Certainly not, I think they should do what they think is best (they MUST get very bored at times playing the same old same old) but my point is that if they decide to leave they take the chance that their character might be killed off or never invited back but some of them (smugly IMO) practically boast about the door being left open for them. It just sounds to me like they want to have their cake and eat it that's all! But like I say, I'm not immune to being glad when I hear someone is coming back - Cain and Charity come to mind (even though I don't like Charity much at the mo). But someone said something about them destroying the Leyla's character to get at the actress* which does seem a bit odd but it's what made me state my opinions.

And fair do's I get that you weren't having a go at me personally :)

(* Leyla did have a rather rushed exit, she might have left them in the lurch a bit but I don't see how when surely contract negotiations are done well in advance? And if they were THAT mad they could have killed her off couldn't they?)