Is DYNAMO the magician some sort of freak of nature?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything Dynamo does is faked. He's not a magician, he's a fraud.

Some of the stuff he does is good but standard magic. He does seem to be a good cardician and he has put the hours in to understand and get to a good level of magic but then he has gone and ruined it by going down the Cris Angel route of stooges and major league camera trickery...but, as I have said, it's making him rich and popular.

He isn;t in the same deceptive league as Uri Geller as Dynamo does say he is a magician.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Seems no one can explain walking through a glass door, disappearing and turning into a heap of clothes...

It's all ... camera tricks?!

The production crew are extremely tight lipped.

If it's the glass door in some gallery with footballers there then that was a neat trick. Fairly simple to do once the choreography has been sorted out but still a lovely illusion due to its simplicity and the use of what was there. The method is mundane but the effect of walking through a glass door is excellent and the simpler the method the better...unless its camera tricks/stooges (confederates are OK!).

The heap of clothes..well... ... ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He walked though a glass window.... How? HOW!!??

The clever use of the overcoat, the security in on it, and rent-a-crowd trying to look amazed before he even completed the 'trick'

Who knows...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do some people get so angry about subjects like this?

And why are they all such experts on how it's done. But can only say general things like stooges or camera tricks. But never exactly how it's done?
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a time when TV magicians were honest as in they would say "What you see at home, is exactly what you would see if your were here with us." and that is what happened. Now if you were there you would see the bloke running off with the ball and many other things that would destroy the magic.

This is really pop culture TV for the braindead who don't really care about content or integrity, it's just pretty pictures. The trouble is that if a real magician did a show on TV, the braindead would say "Oh it's all done with camera tricks, I know all about it" and dismiss the decades of practise that the real magician has put in.
  • flashgordon1952flashgordon1952 Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the best tricks he has done in my view.
    walked through a plate glass window.
    walked on the thames
    his trick in brazil where he stood up in the air.
    and the walk down a 30 storey building in the usa.
    His card tricks are some of the best i have seen
    Is he the greatest ? well time will tell wont it.
    But there is no one at the moment that can compare with him in what he does..
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    Why do some people get so angry about subjects like this?

And why are they all such experts on how it's done. But can only say general things like stooges or camera tricks. But never exactly how it's done?
    Now here's a challenge!
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I liked the trick when he put the phone in a glass bottle (or so it seemed) and it rang, but then I saw his attempt at bench pressing three times his body weight and thought it was pathetic (even on paper).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the best tricks he has done in my view.
    walked through a plate glass window.
    walked on the thames
    his trick in brazil where he stood up in the air.
    and the walk down a 30 storey building in the usa.
    His card tricks are some of the best i have seen
    Is he the greatest ? well time will tell wont it.
    But there is no one at the moment that can compare with him in what he does..

:confused: Is that a serious comment?
    Boy you haven't seen many magicians have you?
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Is that a serious comment?
    Boy you haven't seen many magicians have you?
    Lance Burton and David Copperfield would make him look like an amateur (not discounting Dynamo's ability however)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Now here's a challenge!

Camera tricks with CGI doves! :p:D

(Please don't take this post seriously!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Now here's a challenge!

Here's a bigger one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKh-g3OUIjA
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I was just going to mention the mobile phone in the bottle one ...

I guess a stooge and sleight of hand would do it but does anyone else know how its done ??

Also the one where one guy has an unopened bottle of coke and another has an unopened can of fanta and he switches the two drinks ... Is Coka Cola in on it too ?
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,373
    Forum Member
    ...and here he is walking on water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5BkKEAyWZk
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »

?

I'm guessing:

They could overhear her ringtone and identify the phone model (iphone popularity helps)

The phone is inserted into the speciallly made glass bottle with the ringtone set accordingly

During the trick you can make out the switch when Dynamo's partner gives him the glass bottle with the phone in
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess a stooge and sleight of hand would do it but does anyone else know how its done ??

Also the one where one guy has an unopened bottle of coke and another has an unopened can of fanta and he switches the two drinks ... Is Coka Cola in on it too ?

They're the exact two I thought of. His illusion type tricks I can often peg and rarely leave me in any bewilderment.

But his pub and bar tricks like those are brilliant. I've never seen them before nor any plausible explanation for them.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    I'm guessing:

They could overhear her ringtone and identify the phone model (iphone popularity helps)

The phone is inserted into the speciallly made glass bottle with the ringtone set accordingly

During the trick you can make out the switch when Dynamo's partner gives him the glass bottle with the phone in

Maybe. Would need to know if her phone had a missed call when she got.it back.
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing:

See i was thinking more along the lines of :

the girl is a stooge.

she has a white iphone.
    before the trick he inserts her white iphone into the specially made bottle and hides it on himself. he gives her a dummy iphone

the trick unfolds but he uses slight of hand to swap the empty bottle and phone with the phone inside the bottle.

he gets her friend to ring the girls phone and ta da ...

(Insert some customisation on the phone to make it look more real)

(He does another one where he shrinks the phone to put it in the bottle and makes it bigger but this is more slight of hand)

????
    Forum Member
    They're the exact two I thought of. His illusion type tricks I can often peg and rarely leave me in any bewilderment.

But his pub and bar tricks like those are brilliant. I've never seen them before nor any plausible explanation for them.

Usually I can work out how they might be done. Even been really skeptical, I can figure a way, maybe not the right way. But these take some thinking about!
    Forum Member
    See i was thinking more along the lines of :

the girl is a stooge.

If that's the case I'll never watch any Dynamo ever again.
    Forum Member
    If that's the case I'll never watch any Dynamo ever again.

See I'm just guessing. Trying to think of how he might do it.

As plenty others have said, it is just camera work and trickery. But my guess is just that .... a guess.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    Seems no one can explain walking through a glass door, disappearing and turning into a heap of clothes....................

Is that the one where there were two large gentlemen, in overcoats down to their feet, while the people outside were in shorts and t-shirts? I wonder how he could have disappeared from view like that....

There was a time when TV magicians were honest as in they would say "What you see at home, is exactly what you would see if your were here with us." and that is what happened. ..........

Except they don't add "if you were sitting exactly where the camera is".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see no one has tried to explain the newspaper one yet. Doesn't work with "stooges and camera tricks" does it..
    Forum Member
    fender101 wrote: »
    I see no one has tried to explain the newspaper one yet. Doesn't work with "stooges and camera tricks" does it..

I dont remember that one. Any chance of a link and we'll do our best then ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont remember that one. Any chance of a link and we'll do our best then ?

I already posted it but here it is again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKh-g3OUIjA