BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Would be very difficult with thinning hair I guess. :p:D

What is it with all the crud they keep advertising for Mothers day FFS.........Military wives, Westlife etc........I would imagine you would hate your mother to give her something like that! :eek::eek:

Mothers day like Valentines is just another day with a name for the shops to sell off loads of tat or try to with their desperate ads :rolleyes:
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Mothers day like Valentines is just another day with a name for the shops to sell off loads of tat or try to with their desperate ads :rolleyes:

Definitely, & still the gullible buy into it! :rolleyes:
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

What is it with all the crud they keep advertising for Mothers day FFS.........Military wives, Westlife etc........I would imagine you would hate your mother to give her something like that! :eek::eek:

Military wives indeed! I would never speak to mine again if they bought me that.
    I'm not impressed by the whole concept of it anyway, its just a way of re-marketing reject out of fashion productions in my opinion. As for the poor me badly done to boo hoo element they can shove it. Being a soldiers wife is not something to be pitied, and being a soldier isn't either.
    Forum Member

Valentines day could be renamed "itchy bra day" :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Yes. You should get one just in case. And one of those things that tosses bulls away from the car :D

What do the snow tyres look like?
    The Cow Catchers are still available but expensive.

This is a Winter Tyre, the tread has to be able to let the water pass through pretty fast, unlike most ordinary tyres, and the deep wide gaps grip snow or mud, and of course anything else, that why they are so much better at breaking all year round.
    http://www.ajstyres.co.uk/testimonials/people%27s_photos/Charles_M_resize.JPG
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldnt know :p

My daughters know me well enough not to offload stuff like that onto me :D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,639
    Forum Member
    Sighs..................how different we are............I saw the romance, the charm, the allure of the younger woman, the seduction by an older man, the sheer joy of the forbidden..................perhaps I read too widely. :o:o

Or maybe you mix in unsuitable company?
    Artemesia wrote: »
    **Imagines Bella leaping from the rooftops in order to present her rump coquettishly to the neighbourhood hard man**- and yes, the pun was intentional....:D:D

Cheeky!
    nowahalla wrote: »
    och, you know what i meant:rolleyes::p

as ever, barked a lot, ran around in circles even more, knocked the laptop over several times in an attempt to get into it:rolleyes::D:D she's very hairy at the moment so all we can really make out is a big, black ball of fluff, mostly in blurred motion:D...dafty:D..having to negotiate visiting rights for the summer..

So sweet - I can imagine our dogs trying to get inside the laptop, it must be mystifying for them.

I'm not.....nor do I have any intention of doing so. :D

I bet that's only because you do yours as you go along:cool:

Thankfully my children would know that none of oft advertised dross would thrill me! I'd rather have some daffs or tulips than most of the 'specially for Mother' marketed stuff.
    Forum Member

Or just generally 'Underwear for Tarts'.
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    The Cow Catchers are still available but expensive.

This is a Winter Tyre, the tread has to be able to let the water pass through pretty fast, unlike most ordinary tyres, and the deep wide gaps grip snow or mud, and of course anything else, that why they are so much better at breaking all year round.
    http://www.ajstyres.co.uk/testimonials/people%27s_photos/Charles_M_resize.JPG
    You would never get dog dirt out of that. It looks very good actually, providing it is equally suitable in the summer. What is the price difference?
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Or just generally 'Underwear for Tarts'.
    Come to think of it, nobody could possibly want any the stuff that is advertised
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, I was wondering what to get her, thanks for the tip. :D

Actually I’ve got her some rose scented hand-cream and hand wipes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Hardly ever a hosepipe ban here. Kielder is massive.

and keep off it southerners:mad::p
    The latter – a BB contestant who wants “fame” for fame’s sake.

The exact opposite. Could be taken as a bad thing because it means a complete lack of drive or ambition and if everyone was like that bug ’rall would get done.

ooh had to fast forward my krul to comment on this.

It also works the other way. Every one has the drive and ambition they'll be no do'ers left..

Seemingly in the job market there is no room for the guy who just wants to knuckle down and earn his crust. Everyone has got to be or is expected to be, on the career ladder:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Military wives indeed! I would never speak to mine again if they bought me that.
    I'm not impressed by the whole concept of it anyway, its just a way of re-marketing reject out of fashion productions in my opinion. As for the poor me badly done to boo hoo element they can shove it. Being a soldiers wife is not something to be pitied, and being a soldier isn't either.

Oh yes Mothers Day another of the now corporate greed fests,

:mad::mad:

Used to be flowers and a card now its a three day all exclusive at a Health Spa.

Ma Balders would go ape if I spent that much money:eek:
    Forum Member

Sounds much more suitable.
    Oh yes Mothers Day another of the now corporate greed fests,

:mad::mad:

Used to be flowers and a card now its a three day all exclusive at a Health Spa.

Ma Balders would go ape if I spent that much money:eek:

So would I - and I wouldn't want to go to a spa on my own so I'd have to pay for someone to go with me!
    Forum Member
    You would never get dog dirt out of that. It looks very good actually, providing it is equally suitable in the summer. What is the price difference?

Come to think of it, nobody could possibly want any the stuff that is advertised
    I think they are cheaper usually, might leave mine on for the summer, they are a bit noisier than normal tyres, but i don't ravel fast, they are made for bad weather so best change at end of march if you travel fast in the summer.
    I was going to change my normal tyres as i don't like worn ones for the winter anyway.

Although my car has anti-lock brakes and traction control and 4 wheel drive, it's all only any good with the right tyres on, so if you have worn tyres it's all wasted because there won't be any grip.

They give you them free from the butty van and KFC, good too.:D
    Forum Member

So would I - and I wouldn't want to go to a spa on my own so I'd have to pay for someone to go with me!
    It's no fun Spa-ring on your own.:D
    Forum Member
    and keep off it southerners:mad::p

ooh had to fast forward my krul to comment on this.

It also works the other way. Every one has the drive and ambition they'll be no do'ers left..

Seemingly in the job market there is no room for the guy who just wants to knuckle down and earn his crust. Everyone has got to be or is expected to be, on the career ladder:mad:
    You defo should have put in for BB, you could wave to us and we'd keep you in, and vote for you to do the tasks, and you could be on the TV asking for a chance in life as an underwear model.:D
    Forum Member
    I think they are cheaper usually, might leave mine on for the summer, they are a bit noisier than normal tyres, but i don't ravel fast, they are made for bad weather so best change at end of march if you travel fast in the summer.
    I was going to change my normal tyres as i don't like worn ones for the winter anyway.

Although my car has anti-lock brakes and traction control and 4 wheel drive, it's all only any good with the right tyres on, so if you have worn tyres it's all wasted because there won't be any grip.

We hardly ever go above fifty. My CL says there isnt much difference in the time and it isn't worth the extra risk.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt know :p

My daughters know me well enough not to offload stuff like that onto me :D

None of the Balders clan ever send or expect any thing other than a card and a basic pressie for special occasions.

Unlike some. I read somewhere that people were spending upwards of £10K for Chrimbo. We are talking "normal" people here not celebs or Royals.

Easter must be comimg. Ma Balders give me a bag of hot cross buns:D

Easter AKA the great chockie rip off. We 'll be getting the usual mega bars of Asda choc again none of these £10 eggs with about a little bars worth of chockie in them.

whoo I love the smell of rantage in the afternoon:mad::mad:
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im not sure whether to dare to ask you to explain that:confused::o
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Rose-scented ones?

… and you have to get to and use a butty van or KFC first.
    Forum Member
    Why is the Alan Titchmarsh (AT he calls himself, TIT i call him) show so DULL? He asked Mary Berry "What started you off cooking?" " Are people nervous to ask you for dinner" and "how come you're not fat? " (re-worded):yawn: Oh and she would have poached eggs as her last meal, apparently ZZZZZ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not spending the money on these things thats the trouble. It's buying them around the time of special occasions when the price is tripled or more
    You defo should have put in for BB, you could wave to us and we'd keep you in, and vote for you to do the tasks, and you could be on the TV asking for a chance in life as an underwear model.:D

I applied for BB before. BB9 I believe would have been the one I would have been in. Whoo imagine that gangsters moll Alex.

Alex: yeah don't diss me Balders, I know people
    Me; **** off ya **** I know Fluffers

Rex: My GF is lush
    Me: pah seen better in the Bigg Market

Dennis (the spitter)

Me: THWACK

Mario: hm custard creams
    Me: you t*t

Jennifer: boo hoo my painting is ruined.
    Me: STFU it was s**** anyway.

Stu/Dale: yeah look at us
    Me: Fluffers could take you both together:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    im not sure whether to dare to ask you to explain that:confused::o

OOOHHH ouch:eek: not me Barra. I have never done the seductive thing in my life and there would be little point even if i wanted to as i look slightly like a builder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is the Alan Titchmarsh (AT he calls himself, TIT i call him) show so DULL? He asked Mary Berry "What started you off cooking?" " Are people nervous to ask you for dinner" and "how come you're not fat? " (re-worded):yawn: Oh and she would have poached eggs as her last meal, apparently ZZZZZ

:D:D I used to call him TitMarsh when he was on Pebble Mill
    Forum Member
    We hardly ever go above fifty. My CL says there isnt much difference in the time and it isn't worth the extra risk.:)
    They would be ideal for you then, if you only go up to 50, i love going at 50 but often it's difficult on the motorway, you would notice the difference on a long journey though.
    Rose-scented ones?

and you have to get to and use a butty van or KFC first.
    You're so fussy.:D
    It's not spending the money on these things thats the trouble. It's buying them around the time of special occasions when the price is tripled or more

I applied for BB before. BB9 I believe would have been the one I would have been in. Whoo imagine that gangsters moll Alex.

Alex: yeah don't diss me Balders, I know people
    Me; **** off ya **** I know Fluffers

Rex: My GF is lush
    Me: pah seen better in the Bigg Market

Dennis (the spitter)

Me: THWACK

Mario: hm custard creams
    Me: you t*t

Jennifer: boo hoo my painting is ruined.
    Me: STFU it was s**** anyway.

Stu/Dale: yeah look at us
    Me: Fluffers could take you both together:D:D:D
    I'm sure you would have had a fine time, and just think what you would be doing now?, just think, i wonder.
    I preferred him before he took his gardening gloves off, i suppose he moved up the ladder, too cold outside.
This discussion has been closed.