Jeremy Kyle New Series

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't be the first time someone thought the story/segment was acted out for telly. I do think the guests are encouraged by the production team to act a certain way in some cases. Why people will make themselves out to be absolute tits to get their 15 minutes of fame is beyond me.

Because they really are absolute tits to begin with and the 15 minutes of fame is the biggest thrill they will ever get in their sad little lives.
  • poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the 'accuser' in that segment was completely off her head and needed a doctor quite urgently.
    She even wanted the lie detector results card. :o

Couldn't understand why her ex-friend went along with it unless it was for a freebie in Manchester.

Probably wanted to stay in the Jeremy Kyle travel lodge ;-)
  • Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh lord. This morning was probably one of the worst ever.

He clearly wasn't ready - even without looking at Twitter I know he's left.

He could barely string two words together, he cares about nothing but himself - but it's not his fault(!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He could barely string two words together, he cares about nothing but himself - but it's not his fault(!)

The bloke was out of his head on the show... and all that rubbish about intervention... I reckoned he was going to jump out of the car at the first set of traffic lights.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vile woman-beater appears on The Jeremy Kyle Show to confront girlfriends he abused... now he wants to sue producers for making him look bad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2598647/Vile-woman-beater-appears-The-Jeremy-Kyle-Show-confront-girlfriends-abused-wants-sue-producers-making-look-bad.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Vile woman-beater appears on The Jeremy Kyle Show to confront girlfriends he abused... now he wants to sue producers for making him look bad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2598647/Vile-woman-beater-appears-The-Jeremy-Kyle-Show-confront-girlfriends-abused-wants-sue-producers-making-look-bad.html

Good luck with that one mate!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck with that one mate!

That's what I thought.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a bozo. He's just going to bring more attention to how bad he looked on tv, I can't see thing coming out well. Other than the 'help me find my dad' stories, I don't have much sympathy for the people on Jeremy's show, they usually bring on their own misery and basically all need to grow the hell up and sort their own problems out. But then Jeremy wouldn't have a show if that happened.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha! Where I am right now I've just heard work programme staff complaining that they don't get to watch Jeremy Kyle anymore!
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw that one; it was a particularly disturbing show wasn't it? Did anyone see the bit backstage when Jeremy literally got hold of the guy by his face ? (I swear I'm not making this up or exaggerating, he actually did it.) He was holding him like that for a good few seconds, his thumbs holding the man's cheeks. I was really shocked, and amazed that (a) a TV presenter could do such a thing, (b) ITV should think it appropriate to show it. It was especially upsetting because of the state the guy was in; he was so distressed and confused, he just stood there and took it.

It was about halfway through the show, just before the car took him away to rehab.

A quick straw poll: would anyone on this thread put up with someone gripping your face like that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all ruddy repeats this week and boring ones at that.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    It's all ruddy repeats this week and boring ones at that.

Yep, because of the School holidays, The Chase is the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Yep, because of the School holidays, The Chase is the same.

It's school holiday for at least another week..... more boring repeats to look forward to then. :cry:
  • lazyjanelazyjane Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if anyone else has seen this but The Jeremy Kyle show broke Ofcom regulations (again) http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/apr/14/jeremy-kyle-teenager-distressed-itv
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lazyjane wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone else has seen this but The Jeremy Kyle show broke Ofcom regulations (again) http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/apr/14/jeremy-kyle-teenager-distressed-itv

This is their fourth breach? Not surprising, and I don't believe for a second ITV's claim that " it did not intend to mislead viewers about the teenager's welfare, nor did it mean to deliberately try to distress her." There have been so many stories over the years about people saying the production teams wind them up before sending them onstage for maximum effect.

Last year some time there was also an episode where Jeremy berated a guest for not being able to recall his children's birthdays when the guy was actually dyslexic, Jeremy spouted off some twaddle about that condition being an 'excuse'. The episode has subsequently been pulled from the repeat schedule.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »
    I saw that one; it was a particularly disturbing show wasn't it? Did anyone see the bit backstage when Jeremy literally got hold of the guy by his face ? (I swear I'm not making this up or exaggerating, he actually did it.) He was holding him like that for a good few seconds, his thumbs holding the man's cheeks. I was really shocked, and amazed that (a) a TV presenter could do such a thing, (b) ITV should think it appropriate to show it. It was especially upsetting because of the state the guy was in; he was so distressed and confused, he just stood there and took it.

It was about halfway through the show, just before the car took him away to rehab.

A quick straw poll: would anyone on this thread put up with someone gripping your face like that?

Absolutely not, but then I wouldn't put up with a jug eared, perma-tanned tory threateningly tell me to 'Shut up!' as he repeatedly did to another of his guests come to him for help as I saw on yesterdays show.
    There was a particularly eye opening moment watching it when a guy passed two of the questions on the lie detector, and sat their motionless, saying nothing. It was obvious a failure was coming and it duly arrived. 'You were giving it the big 'I am' when you passed the first two weren't you?' Jeremy snarled. 'No I wasn't' calmly replied the bloke, before Kyle, irritated, backed down with an 'Alright you weren't then!' Kyle has officially passed in to his own strange reality.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching the American Jeremy Kyle. Is it just me but I think Jeremy isn't as cocky to the Americans the way he is with the British guests ?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching the American Jeremy Kyle. Is it just me but I think Jeremy isn't as cocky to the Americans the way he is with the British guests ?

Not sure whether he was or not,but it was supposedly because viewers didn't like seeing a white man heavily berating 'blacks' and that is why it wasn't recommissioned.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartwarming that after 26 years the guy found his dad.

Sad in a way they missed out on all the stuff when he was growing up.. but hopefully they can enjoy their life from now on.
    Forum Member
    lol it's the one where Julie is back with her daughter's right now on ITV2! :o>:(:D
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Felt sorry for the bloke on today accused of stealing fundraising money for his dying dad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol it's the one where Julie is back with her daughter's right now on ITV2! :o>:(:D

Oh yes..... it's the dysfunctionals! :D

It's the who hasn't slept with who family... shouty scouse nerks again. :D:D
    Forum Member
    Oh yes..... it's the dysfunctionals! :D

It's the who hasn't slept with who family... shouty scouse nerks again. :D:D

lol one of Julie's daughter's slept with her husband! :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol one of Julie's daughter's slept with her husband! :o:D

Yep...they like to keep it in the family. :D
    Forum Member
    Yep...they like to keep it in the family. :D

And did you see the state off him!? :o Did you see him and Julie on Channel 5's On Benefits & Proud? >:(:D