Iron Man 3

MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
Forum Member
According to this article from DS we will see the Iron Man 3 trailer soon:

"The first trailer for Iron Man 3 will launch on October 23.

The new film is the first Marvel movie to follow the phenomenal success of The Avengers, in which Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark and his alter ego Iron Man played a crucial role in forming the superhero team.

According to E! News, the trailer for the film, which switches the focus back to Stark and Iron Man, will launch online at 12.01am PT on October 23 (8.01am GMT, October 24).

Production on the blockbuster had to be halted for a month and a half after star Downey Jr injured his ankle while performing a stunt. However, filming resumed earlier this week, with the actor back on set sporting the Iron Man costume.

Marvel executive vice-president Victoria Alonso has promised to "do right by the fans" with Iron Man 3, and has already claimed it will the best film in the series.

The film is directed by Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) and features Sir Ben Kingsley, Rebecca Hall and Guy Pearce alongside the returning Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, and Jon Favreau.

Iron Man 3 will be released worldwide on April 24, 2013."

Hopefully when the trailer debuts we will have a better idea about the tone of Iron Man and how it will follow on from the success of The Avengers!

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Is anybody else looking forward to Iron Man 3 next year?
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F*ck yes!..
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wonder if banner will cameo seeing as how he and Tony went off with each other at the end of Avengers
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo! Be interesting to see how they are going to handle the seperete stories post avengers,
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great that the film makers acknowledge the steaming pile of turd that was, Iron Man 2. Can't wait for IM3, though wonder if this will be the conclusion of a trilogy or just the next in the series.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Not sure as I believe that Robert Downey Jr contract runs out after Iron Man 3 so I guess it depends on if Marvel can get him to agree a new contract!
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but thought it would save creating a new one. :)

I just checked the IMAX listings on the Odeon website & it turns out that my local IMAX (Norwich), will be doing a midnight screening of Iron Man 3 on Thursday 25th April. I will be booking up to see this as I love midnight showings of films, as all the little chavs are tucked up in bed where they belong. :D

Cannot wait. :D
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I just checked the IMAX listings on the Odeon website & it turns out that my local IMAX (Norwich), will be doing a midnight screening of Iron Man 3 on Thursday 25th April. I will be booking up to see this as I love midnight showings of films, as all the little chavs are tucked up in bed where they belong. :D

Are midnight screenings for blockbuster films usually busy ?
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to ask a very nerdy question...

Assuming you're collecting all the Iron Man and the other Avengers movies on DVD/Blu Ray, how are you shelving them? In Avengers Phase 1, 2... production order, or by individual character order so say, Iron Man 1, 2 (eventually 3) together, all the Thors togethers, etc?

(Sorry about the nerdiness)
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »

Assuming you're collecting all the Iron Man and the other Avengers movies on DVD/Blu Ray, how are you shelving them? In Avengers Phase 1, 2... production order, or by individual character order so say, Iron Man 1, 2 (eventually 3) together, all the Thors togethers, etc?

im going to do them in Cinematic Phases
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Are midnight screenings for blockbuster films usually busy ?

In all honesty it depends on the fan base in the area you live in. When I went to a midnight screening & saw Star Trek at my local Vue cinema, it was literally sold out. Same as the midnight screening of The Hangover part 2. I couldn't even get an IMAX seat for the 5am showing of Dark Knight Rises.

What I guess I am saying is that if you live in an area where there are loads of comic book fans, then chances are that it will be packed solid.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

In order that they came out in the cinema ...

Also when I'm handing them to people to watch, they are in the order that I think they must be watched in and the people are told to watch them in that order and not to steer off the path ..
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Alphabetical order for me. I group all my discs by genre, then alphabetically within each genre. (Except for James Bond films, which go in numerical release order. It makes more sense!)

I find it the easiest way to find what I want to watch.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as Avengers go, it's production order for me. In general I tend to go by genre, all the comedies together, all the mafia movies together, etc. I also make sure there's a smooth transition between genres, so I have all my vampire movies together ending with Blade and that takes me into the superhero films, ending with The Incredibles which takes me into the animation movies etc...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

Cineworld in Sheffield are doing a special IMAX screening of The Avengers followed by the midnight screening of Iron Man 3 on Wednesday the 24th. I'm definitely going to go for that!:D
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All my BDs are arranged alphabetically by film name, but now I have more I'm going to put all the MCU films under "A for Avengers" and have them in release order. I do have a few others that aren't alphabetical by film name, too (Nolan's Batman films are under B, as are the Daniel Craig Bond films).
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member

Alphabetically. In order. Along with all my other movies. On my shelves.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell! Anyone freak out by Iron Man TV Spot 3?

AND IT VERY HEAVY SPOILER.... Sorry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PHhvMacxuEU
  • MotherTeresaMotherTeresa Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure how, but the Telegraph has circumvented Disney's embargo on reviews and posted this glowing write-up:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/10005267/Iron-Man-3-review.html

There are also numerous Twitter comments from the press screening:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=77778

At the very least it sounds like Shane Black's talent hasn't foundered under the weight of making something worthy to follow The Avengers. I also like the prospect of the 135-minute runtime, as it could make for an expansive journey to be immersed in.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how, but the Telegraph has circumvented Disney's embargo on reviews and posted this glowing write-up:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/10005267/Iron-Man-3-review.html

There are also numerous Twitter comments from the press screening:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=77778

At the very least it sounds like Shane Black's talent hasn't foundered under the weight of making something worthy to follow The Avengers. I also like the prospect of the 135-minute runtime, as it could make for an expansive journey to be immersed in.

I Was at the Regional Premiere at Didsbury last night and i can say that its a really excellent film,a perfect start to Phase 2
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    ASIFZED wrote: »
    Great that the film makers acknowledge the steaming pile of turd that was Iron Man 2.

I loved the first film but the second was one of the very worst things I've ever seen. Just awful, shrill drivel.
  • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Went to one of the few preview screenings that happened on Wednesday, unfortunately I thought it was only marginally better than Iron Man 2:(...
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this.

Lets hope number 3 can recapture the excellence of the first film.

Number 2 was a let-down mainly because it was an unofficial 2 hour trailer for The Avengers (Avengers Assemble).

I hoping number 3 will be a film in its own right.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Got my tickets booked for Wednesday night ... Woop !
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    RAZORBACK wrote: »
    Went to one of the few preview screenings that happened on Wednesday, unfortunately I thought it was only marginally better than Iron Man 2:(...

That bad? :(