Iron Man 3

Comments

• darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got back from seeing it & absolutely loved it, will def be buying the Blu-ray when it gets released.
    "OLAY OLAY OLAY OLAY".

:D:D:D:p
  • Des leaderDes leader Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Same as you DJM, great visuals, a bit darker than the past couple. Nice use of the suits. Loved Guy Pearce's Killian.
    Not sure about what they did with the Mandarin though, but great cameo from Mr Ruffalo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just got back from the IMAX double bill (got a sweet "IMAX 12:01" poster too!), absolutely loved it, best of the three Iron Man movies and almost as good as The Avengers for me. The action scenes were superb, the story was really strong, and the humour was great.
    The Ben Kingsley "Mandarin" reveal was hilarious, although i bet it pisses off the comic fanboys...

Also make sure you stay until after the credits :D

9/10
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I just watched it this morning and I really enjoyed it.Its a lot better than the second film but I still prefer the first film over the third one!

I have to say that watching the trailers over the past months spoilt the action scenes as most of them featured in the trailers but that's only a minor problem!

It did feel like the end of trilogy to me but with an open ending that could easily lead into a fourth film.I guess Marvel are just being careful with Robert Downey Jr contract talks still to happen!
  • Hitchhiker553Hitchhiker553 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it this afternoon and before I went in, I had no particular expectations as I'd really got excited for The Avengers and felt quite let down by it.

All I can say is Iron Man 3 was fantastic.

The story clips along at a really good pace, not staying still for a moment too long. All the actors played their parts in making this super great with no weak links for me.

It's funny throughout, not Avengers funny which left me cold comedy wise, while people around me in the cinema last year were laughing their heads off. The Mandarin was my favorite character today, very cool indeed.

I'm going to see it again on Monday and probably for a 3rd time later in May.

Up until now, Thor has been my fave movie from the Marvel Universe franchise but it's now a very close call with this.

Well done Marvel........nailed it!!!

10/10
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a great film although I thought Tony wasn't Iron Man enough, did like Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin and Guy Pearce as Killian. Liked the post credit sequence as
    it was refreshing that it didn't hint at the next film but a cameo from Bruce Banner, I imagine references to Guardians of the Galaxy will be saved for the post credit scene for Thor the Dark World.

I like the twist that the Mandarin was just a cover up for the Extremis flaws

Also liked the references to The Avengers especially Happy Hogans name for them, :D
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Seen this last night and thought it was great. Not sure if I think its better than the first. It has a better story and better characters but that buzz feeling leaving the cinema wasn't there. But it is a great film. Had a bit of a Dark Knight Rises feel for me for a few reasons.

The Mandarin stole the show for me, he was excellent.
    A bit disappointed in the end, purely for the reason that it looked like he was hanging up his iron boots. I know that was no definite end to the series but you could see how they were covering their asses in cases RDJ doesn't return.

Anyway I'll be going to see another 1 or 2 times. I look forward to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    The first was enjoyable, unexpectedly so.

The second was shrill nonsense. It was really boring with very little action. Most of the scenes seemed to consist of Downey Jr. talking over everyone else. The final showdown was a damp squib and Mickey Rourke's character was totally wasted. Even worse, it reminded me of 'Transformers', probably the single worst film I've ever seen.

Oh dear!

I saw this today and I left the cinema thinking it was on the level of Transformers and just as stupid.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to the first showing last night, at midnight.

IMO...Better than Iron Man 1 & 2, but not quite as good as The Avengers.

The Avengers > Iron Man 3 > Iron Man 1 > other MCU films.

Great fun, great action, and also bloody hilarious in places.

RDJ is awesome as always, while Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley are both excellent. It was good too to see Pearce have a decent sized role again.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, my only quibble...
    Where the hell were the other heroes? Where the hell was SHIELD?

Oh, it's an "American problem" rather than a "global problem"?

Well, so what? The threat was larger than that in Iron Man 1 or 2, and SHIELD was involved in both of those. And even making the obvious excuse for e.g. Thor, surely Captain America would have been around to help save America?
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Oh, my only quibble...
    Where the hell were the other heroes? Where the hell was SHIELD?

Oh, it's an "American problem" rather than a "global problem"?

Well, so what? The threat was larger than that in Iron Man 1 or 2, and SHIELD was involved in both of those. And even making the obvious excuse for e.g. Thor, surely Captain America would have been around to help save America?
    no doubt Captain America's Absence will be about the events in Winter Soldier no doubt!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't a big fan of the first Iron Man, and didn't like the second much at all.

However, I really enjoyed this one. The story moved along really nicely (had some great twists too) and the cast did a great job, particularly Ben Kingsley. The action scenes were pretty damn awesome too.

Probably ranks as my second favourite so far in the Avengers film series (apart form the Avengers itself)
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    This movie wasnt bad, but it's overrated, and reeneforces my opinion Marvel movies are the McDonalds of the comic book industry...you eat, it tastes good, but it's disposable, and you pay it no mind the next day

I can quote Nolan's Batlficks forever. To some degree I can recall a lot of Avengers despite not caring much about it. I won't recall a lick of this in a week. Entertaining, but nothing with any degree of substance.
    your going to be disappointed then,and i don't have a clue why you say The Avengers was a shambles,for me it was better of the superhero films that came out last year,far better than TDKR for example was was

Good god man, get help. DKR was ten times better than Avengers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to watch The Avengers and got bored quickly, it's just every boy's fantasy however in my view, Batman begins has a better story and character development. Spiderman 1 and 2 is also better.
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    A bit disappointed in the end, purely for the reason that it looked like he was hanging up his iron boots. I know that was no definite end to the series but you could see how they were covering their asses in cases RDJ doesn't return.
    Right at the very end of the credits after the post credits scene it says "Tony Stark Will Return", so he isn't quitting just yet. I imagine in The Avengers 2 he'll be resisting putting the suit back on and then a big threat will arise and he'll be compelled back into action or something. Presumably then that could leave it open for an Iron Man 4, although weirdly i liked how final the end of IM3 was so i wouldn't be averse to them calling time on the standalone Iron Man films now.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    I can quote Nolan's Batlficks forever.
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    Good god man, get help.
    Pot...meet Kettle :D
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I liked it a lot. As others keep saying, it was not as good as No.1, but much better than no.2.
    I also liked
    the fact they have made Iron Man 3 it's own film rather than throwing in 100s of Avengers references. There was one or two, about "wormhole", but that was insignigicant. And I did see post credit sequence, which I thought was a great moment.
    When I knew this was coming out last year, I thought it would be full of references from Avengers, even half expected CA and Hulk turn up!! It gives me good confidence Thor 2 and CA2 will be good as well.
    I was also the only person in the cinema who laughed at the "I loved you in A Christmas Story" joke..:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this filmed in 3d or has it been converted?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    is this filmed in 3d or has it been converted?

Converted 3D
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I watched it in 2D but did anyone who saw it in 3D think that the 3D added anything to the film?
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely loved this film. Best in the trilogy by a mile. As an avid Liverpool fan, I also loved it when the Mandarin was watching our demolition of Chelsea last season :D
    I don't know how I felt about the reveal about the Mandarin being an actor. All the promos have been about Ben Kingsley being the main villain, and whilst Guy Pearce was absolutely excellent as the baddie, Kingsley becoming this odd comedy character left me feeling conflicted.

Also, the scene on the oil rig at the end with all the Iron Man suits was incredible :)
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I watched it in 2D but did anyone who saw it in 3D think that the 3D added anything to the film?

I wouldn't say you'd lose anything by not seeing it in 3D, but the 3D was pretty good (at least it was on the IMAX, i can't speak for regular Real D 3D), it gave the film that added sense of depth rather than just throwing crap at the camera, the attack on Tony's house was particularly effective in 3D i thought.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I wouldn't say you'd lose anything by not seeing it in 3D, but the 3D was pretty good (at least it was on the IMAX, i can't speak for regular Real D 3D), it gave the film that added sense of depth rather than just throwing crap at the camera, the attack on Tony's house was particularly effective in 3D i thought.

I Agree,for a Conversion it was pretty decent
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I absolutely loved this film. Best in the trilogy by a mile. As an avid Liverpool fan, I also loved it when the Mandarin was watching our demolition of Chelsea last season :D

OLAY OLAY, OLAY OLAY OLAY. :D
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Have to echo all the praise in this thread. I went into the cinema not expecting a lot because I didn't really enjoy Iron Man 2... but this was great fun. Darker, funnier, and more exciting than its prequels with some classic quotes.
    I was unsure about the Mandarin reveal, it was brave, but I'm glad they did it because when I saw the rings on his fingers I wondered how the hell Iron Man would ever stand a chance against him.

Half of the audience left when the credits rolled... we couldn't believe it... but then the inevitable post-credits scene didn't give anything away so it didn't really matter. :p

Oh.. and I loved that the Mandarin was a Liverpool fan. :D